PDA

View Full Version : EZ Travel Finz aka Teleoz??

azdiver
04-12-2008, 19:50
Has anybody tried these out? Think they used to go by the name Teleoz.
I would be very intereseted in feedback... I'm looking to get a new pair for tropical diving and have tried on several full foots. So far, the tusa xperts seem to fit the best.

ladyfish
05-02-2008, 21:05
If they are the ones with the big flat blade and the waterski type bootie that straps on your foot that came out around 5 or so years ago---RUN AWAY!!!

Those were the worst fins I ever put on my foot. Dangerous in my opinion (and I like Zeagle products). No control or power with these fins. A friend who had them on had to hold hands with another diver in a current, because she could not negotiate it with those fins!!! This is a diver who is an istructor with about 30 years of diving experience.

SCARY FINS--don't go there.

If you want a lightweight great travel fin--buy the oceanic caribes. They don't look like they are an amazing fin, they don't cost a lot (less than $50), but they are a totally kick butt fin!!! Also the MOST comfortable full-foot fin I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot of fins--I was one of the fin testers for ScubaLab for several years).

Here's the quote from the Scubadiving Scubalab fintest article when they were tested:

"A DIFFERENT KIND OF FIN

Zeagle Teleoz
The Teleoz was the orange among apples in our fin tests. Sandal-like straps atop a flat, board-like blade produced a fin that was slippery when we walked with them, unstable at depth and borderline useless in a strong current. This fin represents a completely different category of fin design--travel fins--and we plan to review them head-to-head in a future issue."

Good luck!

ScottZeagle
05-05-2008, 09:42
I have used the fins quite often and have had no reall issue with them. My wife and I have used them for travel many times and never had any of the issues described above, but I would agree that they aren't great fins for strong currents. However, if you are taking a trip to St Croix or the Caymans, they are excellent fins, in my opinon....and yes, they are a bit different than a "traditional" fin.

:)

coral cowgirl
05-17-2008, 01:09
My dive buddy really likes his and has used them for several years. I envy how well they pack, he can get all his dive kit in a backpack except for his BC.

coral cowgirl
05-19-2008, 22:26
One other thing...they're really easy to remove on the tag line or ladder...just pull the velcro.

huvrr
05-20-2008, 07:52
my quattros occupy a special place in my suitcase and hold and help protect some of my other gear. I don't leave home without them.