PDA

View Full Version : LDS, well done

johnyringo
04-13-2008, 13:21
Here's some good news, for a change, about a LDS. I recently had my reg. serviced by ST, when I hooked it up to a tank to try it out it breathed rough and had a free flow problem. Though ST offered to go through it again, time restraints (I'm off to Roatan for 2 weeks) wouldn't allow this. I took it in to my LDS and explained the problems I was having and asked if he would check out the reg. No Problem, he took it right over to the bench, asking where I'd had it serviced. After looking it over he said that ST is a very professional outfit and they had done a great job on my reg. It only needed some minor adjustment and breaths like a dream again.
So I'd just like to let everyone know, that in spite of all the negative publicity regarding LDS's, there are still some good ones out there.

Penguino
04-13-2008, 21:25
Its good to hear not all LDS have gone to the dark side...

terrillja
04-13-2008, 21:27
Good that there are still some decent shops out there...

I have to take one of my regs to the shop when I get a chance, it sounds like it's leaking air from somewhere, but all the ports are tight, so something inside is leaking...grr...

Just a pony reg, but I need to get it looked at before I dive.

scubasamurai
04-13-2008, 22:02

I have to take one of my regs to the shop when I get a chance, it sounds like it's leaking air from somewhere, but all the ports are tight, so something inside is leaking...grr...

sure it is your reg, not the sounds of the ocean. sorry not being stupid or anything. plus are you using a sherwood reg???

terrillja
04-13-2008, 22:04

sure it is your reg, not the sounds of the ocean. sorry not being stupid or anything. plus are you using a sherwood reg???
It's my Oceanic GT3, and it's in my quiet room. My other CDX5 first stage, quiet, this one not so much.

Trey9123
04-13-2008, 22:10
I personally love my LDS.

frogman159
04-14-2008, 12:49
I personally love my LDS.

You guys are very lucky

No Misses
04-14-2008, 13:37
Johnyringo, how about a shout out to the LDS that provided the service?

Too many people are happy to post the names of companies that they have had a bad experience with. Let's here the name of one of the good ones.

P.S. I have been very happy with all of my transactions at ScubaToys ;-)

johnyringo
04-14-2008, 14:00
Johnyringo, how about a shout out to the LDS that provided the service?

Too many people are happy to post the names of companies that they have had a bad experience with. Let's here the name of one of the good ones.

P.S. I have been very happy with all of my transactions at ScubaToys ;-)

Absolutely, and thanks for the suggestion. I get the most excellent service from "Howell's Dive Shop" in Redding, Ca.

P.S. Yup, 99.9% of my dealings with ST have been awesome, and that's hard to beat. IMHO and experience, due to the variables involved, 100% is damn near impossible for anybody.

Splitlip
04-14-2008, 18:09
I brought my Scubapro regs into my local SP shop, yesterday (Sunday)afternoon for their yearly service. The weekend manager who took them in asked when I needed them. I said next Friday. He says, no problem.
This morning (Monday) I recieved a call from the owner of the shop. "Come pick 'em up. They are ready." I was outraged! More than 12 hours!
But then he says he wont charge me for parts. Well that calmed me down. Hey...wait a minute! I bought from an authorized dealer. Parts are free with the warranty :)

Seriously though, they are a great outfit. As I said before they have tweaked my regs, even ones other than scubapro which I purchased elsewhere. Top my tanks off. Delivered an octo holder I need quick to my office, threw me a couple nitrox fill cards and so much more. For no charge. Just some of the bennies for doing business with them.

CODMAN
04-15-2008, 06:43
My LDS is pretty good with service. Where they aren't up to par is with their prices on gear... But I have scubatoys for that...:smiley2: