PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Oronogo this weekend...

KennyD
04-14-2008, 22:47
Looks like I've got a "Kitchen Pass" for the weekend. Wife is going to be at Church Assemblys all weekend so I'm going diving. Heading to Oronogo! My local dive buddy had a part one class this weekend so he can't go and I'm still waiting to hear back from Steven V. out of Kansas City to see is he is going to show up. If Not, I'm going to be the "Dive Whore" AKA "Dive Mooch" and be looking for a dive buddy.
I'll be in a blue/purple ford ranger extended cab 4x4 wearing a black and grey Pinnacle wetsuit. Come find me or just yell at me if you don't mind me tagging along.

Thanks in advance guys! Ken Davis

navyhmc
04-14-2008, 23:08
I've got kid duty this weekend or I'd be there for ya Ken. :(

sorry.

Brandon Belew
04-15-2008, 01:02
I can probably do Sat afternoon and Sunday. Have to help the future wifey with something first thing in the morning Sat.

navyhmc
04-15-2008, 02:07
BTW Ken, check out: http://forum.scubatoys.com/ddcn/11743-another-ddcn-diver.html :D

Dark Wolf
04-16-2008, 18:10
I have to work, or I would dive with you. Maybe next time!! We will expect a report!!

DW

KennyD
04-16-2008, 19:00
I have to work, or I would dive with you. Maybe next time!! We will expect a report!!

DW

Thanks Guys! Just got home from a short 45min. dive. Dove in Barefoot Bay here in Wichita .....I got to BLOW BUBBLES.....:smilie39:

Dark Wolf
04-16-2008, 19:55
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

:smilie40:

DW

medicdiver
04-16-2008, 20:14

DW

Thanks Guys! Just got home from a short 45min. dive. Dove in Barefoot Bay here in Wichita .....I got to BLOW BUBBLES.....:smilie39:

Lucky!! Who do we talk with to get permission to dive there? I imagine it's not that deep but if I can get wet that is all that matters.

KennyD
04-16-2008, 22:18

DW

Lucky!! Who do we talk with to get permission to dive there? I imagine it's not that deep but if I can get wet that is all that matters.

My God Father lives there and it's against the community rules to scuba dive there. We have been doing it until we get busted..:smiley21: His neighbors are really cool in the cove he lives in but I'm sure it won't last long once it warms up and more people see us. I've been taking my instructor/friend there to do my rescue classes. Saves the trip to Oronogo...

KennyD
04-19-2008, 21:22
Didn't make it to the BIG "O" today but going first thing in the morning. Spent all day helping my friend out with his part1 students taking scuba just so we could dive Sunday. It was suppose to be a two day class but they did great and made it easy. So hope to see some of ya there.

texdiveguy
04-19-2008, 21:29
It has been several years since I dove there.....can one dive solo (without the f'ing card)....or are you required to sign in with a buddy at the same time?

navyhmc
04-19-2008, 22:22
Texas,

Last time I was there, you had to give a dive buddy name or show a solo card. A few folks came as "pick up divers" and doubled up with some folks. From what I've seen, saying your looking for a buddy there will work, but John has been known to watch those going dong the road to the water to make sure they have a buddy.

KennyD and Brandon Belew hooked up with me and Medicdiver on opening weekend and that was acceptable to John.

navyhmc
04-19-2008, 22:26
Didn't make it to the BIG "O" today but going first thing in the morning. Spent all day helping my friend out with his part1 students taking scuba just so we could dive Sunday. It was suppose to be a two day class but they did great and made it easy. So hope to see some of ya there.

Blowing "Bubbles" and "not making the Big "O" "...Ken if I didn't know better, I'd say you have some issues going on. :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :D :D :D

Have fun tomorrow.

Bob

KennyD
04-20-2008, 17:51

Blowing "Bubbles" and "not making the Big "O" "...Ken if I didn't know better, I'd say you have some issues going on. :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :D :D :D

Have fun tomorrow.

Bob

If you only knew the half of it!!!!!:smilie40: I got about a hour away from the Big "O" and my wife calls...."Did you not need your Regs. that were hanging over the shower this morning?"......Did you just take mine?....:smiley19::smiley35::bonk:
$hit.... I didn't grab my Regs.
Game Over!

DivingCRNA
04-20-2008, 19:56

Blowing "Bubbles" and "not making the Big "O" "...Ken if I didn't know better, I'd say you have some issues going on. :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Have fun tomorrow.

Bob

If you only knew the half of it!!!!!:smilie40: I got about a hour away from the Big "O" and my wife calls...."Did you not need your Regs. that were hanging over the shower this morning?"......Did you just take mine?....:smiley19::smiley35::bonk:
Game Over!

Dude, you could have rented from John.....:smilie39::smiley29::smilie39:

The reg in my mouth in my avatar is rented from him. I had free flow issues that day.

DivingCRNA
04-20-2008, 20:00

Blowing "Bubbles" and "not making the Big "O" "...Ken if I didn't know better, I'd say you have some issues going on. :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Have fun tomorrow.

Bob

Game Over!

The reg in my mouth in my avatar is rented from him. I had free flow issues that day.

Or I live 10 minutes from Oronongo. I could not have dived because I was on call, but you could have used some regs if you asked nice and swore to replace them if you F them up. If you died, I woulda got the rest of your gear!

Brandon Belew
04-20-2008, 20:19
I didn't end up going either, all congested and out of money...

The future ol' lady is getting her engagement ring this week...

Walt725
04-21-2008, 08:03
Brandon,
We're really gonna miss you diving with us. :))

KennyD
04-21-2008, 16:26

Have fun tomorrow.

Bob
Bob, Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep ya in mind if I ever pull a dumb Azz mistake like that again.
And yes I would replace them in a heartbeat. I currently dive with a Apeks XTX200, AquaLung Legend Glacia Octopus and a Suunto D9.

Game Over!

Or I live 10 minutes from Oronongo. I could not have dived because I was on call, but you could have used some regs if you asked nice and swore to replace them if you F them up. If you died, I woulda got the rest of your gear!

Brandon Belew
04-22-2008, 00:42
Brandon,
We're really gonna miss you diving with us. :))

I'll still be diving, she won't take diving away from me. If she tries to, i'll go anyways :smiley20:

Thats how I roll!

Dark Wolf
04-23-2008, 11:48
So when is the replacement dive scheduled?!

DW

Brandon Belew
04-25-2008, 21:43
Anyone still going? I would like to go - but not make the journey unless I have someone to tag along with.

Any takers?

Dark Wolf
04-25-2008, 21:46
I may be there, won't know until tomorrow. BB, you have my number. Give me a call and we will see what we can set up.

DW

KennyD
04-25-2008, 21:57
I plan on leaving here around noon. Wife has some church things to do in the morning. I've been dealing with a little bit of a cold too but I'm planning on being there around 3pm. Better late than never. And staying the night and diving all day Sunday. Hope to see some of you guys there. My LDS Adventure Sports is going to be there with a Part II Open Water Class both days. Tyler Brewer is the Instructor (Very Nice Guy)