PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Like Scubatoys to Carry?

ianr33
08-02-2007, 20:22
This is my list:

Apeks regs
Sensus Ultra http://reefnet.ca/products/sensus/
Seavision prescription masks

Any others??

Krakenn
08-03-2007, 20:01
Nite Rider Lights
Dive Weight molds
This new knife H1 rust proof thing - you guys rave on about
A bit more camera gear other than Sealife some ikelite housings or stobe setups
Demonstration Site - When Mares or Oceanic come out with a new product it could be displayed for feedback similar to the HUD

Then again if I was Larry Id think Bejesus dudes how much stock do you want me to carry!

Kraks

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 20:11
This is my list:

Apeks regs

Any others??

We do carry the Seavision... and we have looked at those sensus things... maybe we should.

As far as Apeks... If you're looking at regs - Zeagle is really a US instead of French made version - with much better customer service. And the Apeks/Aqualung/Suunto family does not allow internet sales - so no warranty - and we like only offering products with a full manufacturers warranty.

reservecops
08-03-2007, 20:18
Guinness Extra Stout.
And Bass Ale.
Oh, yea. Heineken, too
And Captain Morgan Private Stock, Coke, and limes.

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 20:39
Guinness Extra Stout.
And Bass Ale.
Oh, yea. Heineken, too

Really have to go more with the Dos XX and Corona for the island feel...

Good call on the Captain Morgan however!

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 20:50
Larry - I stopped in this afternoonto pick up some ScubaPro Jetfins and the salesman told me you guys stopped selling all things ScubaPro. What happened man? I know they don't allow internet sales, but in-store?

ianr33
08-03-2007, 20:55
This is my list:

Apeks regs

Any others??

We do carry the Seavision... and we have looked at those sensus things... maybe we should.

As far as Apeks... If you're looking at regs - Zeagle is really a US instead of French made version - with much better customer service. And the Apeks/Aqualung/Suunto family does not allow internet sales - so no warranty - and we like only offering products with a full manufacturers warranty.

O.K. I found the seavision mask on your site,but it was in the non prescription section.Can I order one from you with custom ground lenses?

Are Apeks and Zeagle the same internally? I already have 3 apeks regs and will soon be buying a 4th. Hope to do my own servicing one day,makes sense to keep them all the same.

The Sensus Ultra rocks. One of my best bang for the buck diving purchases.Not much more expensive than the download cable for a lot of computers.

awap
08-03-2007, 20:57
Larry - I stopped in this afternoonto pick up some ScubaPro Jetfins and the salesman told me you guys stopped selling all things ScubaPro. What happened man? I know they don't allow internet sales, but in-store?

I suspect that Scubapro and Aqualung/Apeks just don't fit the Scubatoys business model. IMHO, the loss is the mfgrs. Customers are learning that other mfgrs build just as good toys without the artificial price tags.

I looked for LP steel tanks and didn't see them. Did I just not look hard enough?

If you really have to have SP Jets, get them online at prices not constrained by silly dealer agreements.

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 20:58

You want the truth?? I busted a very large dive shop that was funneling a bunch of gear onto the gray market and shipping scuba pro although the rules were you could not. I reported it to the upper management, only then to discover, the individual I ratted on was the god father of upper managements son... Hmmmm.

Basically, he could... but I couldn't?? Homey don't play that game. Keep your stuff. I like zeagle better than their BC's, I like Oceanic or Atomic better than their regs, I like the apollo splits better than theirs, I like oceanic computers more than uwatec - so what do I miss... maybe some jet fins if people don't want turtles instead. I'd rather deal with companies that are honest in their dealings with me as I feel that's the way I should be to my customers.

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 21:02
O.K. I found the seavision mask on your site,but it was in the non prescription section.Can I order one from you with custom ground lenses?

Are Apeks and Zeagle the same internally? I already have 3 apeks regs and will soon be buying a 4th. Hope to do my own servicing one day,makes sense to keep them all the same.

The Sensus Ultra rocks. One of my best bang for the buck diving purchases.Not much more expensive than the download cable for a lot of computers.

Yea, just call for the mask - fax or email your prescription and we'll take care of it.

And no, Zeagle incorporated a newer designed seat that lasts longer... and they make the repair manual available, (we have them for $25) and you can buy their parts kits also... but they will not all be cross compatible with Apeks.

And we'll look int the Sensus...

ReefHound
08-03-2007, 21:04
Kudos, Larry. If more LDS owners would stand up against manufacturers with unfair business practices, the industry would be a lot better for everyone.

Back to the topic:
OMS Slipstream fins
LP steel tanks
Sensus recorders

ianr33
08-03-2007, 21:04

Yea, just call for the mask - fax or email your prescription and we'll take care of it.

And no, Zeagle incorporated a newer designed seat that lasts longer... and they make the repair manual available, (we have them for $25) and you can buy their parts kits also... but they will not all be cross compatible with Apeks.

And we'll look int the Sensus...

Cool on the mask! I will give you a call next week

I have pdf repair manuals for my Apeks. They were free!

You would not regret stocking the Sensus

Thanks for the conversation and this forum

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 21:11
Thanks for the conversation and this forum

Really... Thank you! Sometimes I worry that I'm getting too involved out here, talking too much.. But much like some other posts... I'm addicted to this too! I'll get up in the middle of the night, and just check to see if anyone is in the chat room, see how many folks are on the site, what are the new posts since I went to bed.

I just get a total kick out of talking and sharing thoughts and ideas with other divers. So thanks to you guys.... If you weren't here, I'd get a bit bored talking to myself!

Centerius
08-03-2007, 21:14
Sometimes I worry that I'm getting too involved out here, talking too much.. But much like some other posts... I'm addicted to this too!

Don't stop posting! I think I can say for all of us that we enjoy when you give us the truth straight up -- it's what makes you guys great. :smiley32:

thor
08-03-2007, 21:26
I'd like to see them carry Suunto compasses, b/c I need to buy one.

TxHockeyGuy
08-03-2007, 21:40

They won't carry the suunto line because they can't sell them online. Unfortunately the suunto SK-7 compass is so good I'll probably be buying one from leisure pro (yea I know, that's a 4 letter word around scuba). Right now I have an Aeris compass which is OK but not as good as the SK-7.

awap
08-03-2007, 22:03

They won't carry the suunto line because they can't sell them online. Unfortunately the suunto SK-7 compass is so good I'll probably be buying one from leisure pro (yea I know, that's a 4 letter word around scuba). Right now I have an Aeris compass which is OK but not as good as the SK-7.

Some guy on ebay sold a few of them (new) for $55 each, buy it now, about 3 weeks ago. I just couldn't bring myself to spend even that much for moss on a tree. I'm probably going to be kicking myself for passing them up.

thor
08-03-2007, 22:56

LP is not authorized but Divetank in BC is an authorized dealer for Suunto.

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 23:15
You want the truth?? I busted a very large dive shop that was funneling a bunch of gear onto the gray market and shipping scuba pro although the rules were you could not. I reported it to the upper management, only then to discover, the individual I ratted on was the god father of upper managements son... Hmmmm.

Basically, he could... but I couldn't?? Homey don't play that game. Keep your stuff. I like zeagle better than their BC's, I like Oceanic or Atomic better than their regs, I like the apollo splits better than theirs, I like oceanic computers more than uwatec - so what do I miss... maybe some jet fins if people don't want turtles instead. I'd rather deal with companies that are honest in their dealings with me as I feel that's the way I should be to my customers.

Roger that amigo. What a load of BS. Thanks for the honest answer. Looks like I'm getting Turtles. :)

TxHockeyGuy
08-03-2007, 23:44

I'm not worried about authorized on a compass. Not much to go wrong there, and even if it did I could buy another one for nearly, not quite, but nearly the cost of an authorized purchase. I don't like using them for most things, but for niche items like this they do have their purpose.

ianr33
08-04-2007, 08:20
Roger that amigo. What a load of BS. Thanks for the honest answer. Looks like I'm getting Turtles. :)

Make sure they fit you. I believe Turtles are somewhere between XL and XXL Jets. XXL Jets are about the size of a small boat.

Centerius
08-04-2007, 10:34

I'm not worried about authorized on a compass. Not much to go wrong there, and even if it did I could buy another one for nearly, not quite, but nearly the cost of an authorized purchase. I don't like using them for most things, but for niche items like this they do have their purpose.

I bought the SK-7 from LeisurePro, and haven't had any problems (and make sure you get the DeepSeaSupply mount).

Black-Gorrilla
08-04-2007, 18:59
i like that sensus thing. a bit overkill for what i dive.. but it's awesome for what it is... and not too bad on the price.

the gooch
08-04-2007, 19:37
the engineer in me is digging the sensus module

thor
08-04-2007, 20:11

Same price at both places. Why not use someone who is authorized
to sell rather than someone who is not? I buy some things at LP, but if I can find the same thing at my LDS or an authorized dealer, for the same price, I prefer to choose the latter

DirtyWaterIL
08-04-2007, 20:27
I'd liek to see the complete line of oms stuff. Also a bigger selection of drysuits.

TxHockeyGuy
08-04-2007, 20:29

to sell rather than someone who is not? I buy some things at LP, but if I can find the same thing at my LDS or an authorized dealer, for the same price, I prefer to choose the latter

If they are selling suunto online then authorized or not they are violating their agreement and you may be out a warranty. I've dealt with LP in the past and they offer their own warranty which by all accounts (from people who have used them on SB) they appear to back up. I'll continue to use LP.

thesmoothdome
08-04-2007, 20:36

If they are selling suunto online then authorized or not they are violating their agreement and you may be out a warranty. I've dealt with LP in the past and they offer their own warranty which by all accounts (from people who have used them on SB) they appear to back up. I'll continue to use LP.

Make sure that you're getting an SK7 that is calibrated for North America. I remember reading a post where LP was selling ones calibrated for the Australia region.

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 20:38
I'd liek to see the complete line of oms stuff. Also a bigger selection of drysuits.

We are a dealer and have most the OMS stuff... just not a lot on the page. If you're ever looking for stuff... just give us a shout.

And as far as drysuits, we carry Dui, Pinnacle, Bare, Tusa... probably still have some whites and usia kicking around and maybe a dacor or two. How many should we carry!?

DirtyWaterIL
08-04-2007, 20:42

We are a dealer and have most the OMS stuff... just not a lot on the page. If you're ever looking for stuff... just give us a shout.

And as far as drysuits, we carry Dui, Pinnacle, Bare, Tusa... probably still have some whites and usia kicking around and maybe a dacor or two. How many should we carry!?

every single brand, size, model, color, and accessory there is :) just kidding. i didn;t realize you had that many.

mike_s
08-04-2007, 21:16
I'd like to see you carry Aqualung also, then sell them online just to spite them.

As for Scubapro, their management falls in the same category as Aqualung does it appears.

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 21:20
I'd like to see you carry Aqualung also, then sell them online just to spite them.

As for Scubapro, their management falls in the same category as Aqualung does it appears.

See... that would not spite either of them. There game is tell dive shops that they don't allow internet sales, while simultaneously sending millions of dollars worth of gear out the back door through "special" channels and that gear just magically ends up on the gray market at discount prices the legit dive shops are not allowed to sell at.

They get to say they are the big "stop the evil internet" and yet reap profits off it at the same time.

How dive shops believe that tens of millions of dollars of gear - all that has serial numbers and is tracked from manufacture to end user... but yet these companies have no idea how their stuff gets into the gray market?!

I swear, some shop owners are so gullible!

mike_s
08-04-2007, 21:33

See... that would not spite either of them. There game is tell dive shops that they don't allow internet sales, while simultaneously sending millions of dollars worth of gear out the back door through "special" channels and that gear just magically ends up on the gray market at discount prices the legit dive shops are not allowed to sell at.

They get to say they are the big "stop the evil internet" and yet reap profits off it at the same time.

How dive shops believe that tens of millions of dollars of gear - all that has serial numbers and is tracked from manufacture to end user... but yet these companies have no idea how their stuff gets into the gray market?!

considering that LP had the new Aqualung ACD regulator DAYS before legitimate dealers sure shows that is true.

awap
08-04-2007, 21:35
[quote=mike_s;16996]

I'm sure you are correct and both Scubapro and Aqualung know exactly where their grey market goods are coming from. But I really believe their problem is that other countries have better consumer protection laws than we have that do not permit the mfgr to restrict retailers like they do in the USA. And I also doubt it is as simple as terminating contracts in those markets as that could leave them liable for the retailer losses incurred by the unjustified termination of those contracts. Not to mention the lose of those markets. I think they will just continue with whatever arm twisting they used to shut down online parts supplies from retailer in Germany and Spain a few years ago.

chinacat46
08-05-2007, 10:35
I've noticed you carry Pinnacle do you have the new Merino-Elastiprene line of wetsuits. My current 3 mil is wearing out and theirs looks sweet.

Osprey
08-05-2007, 12:46
MONOFINS!! I've been in the market for one but I'd prefer to buy from someone I can trust ;)

ScubaToys Larry
08-05-2007, 12:53
MONOFINS!! I've been in the market for one but I'd prefer to buy from someone I can trust ;)

Actually... I saw a pair of those in the shop the other day. Maybe shoot a pm or email to Joe and find out what the story is on them!

Osprey
08-05-2007, 14:44
Awesome!! Thank you :)

thor
08-05-2007, 22:25

Make sure that you're getting an SK7 that is calibrated for North America. I remember reading a post where LP was selling ones calibrated for the Australia region.

How can you tell?

Krakenn
08-05-2007, 23:20
I saw someone chasing a new SK7
I accidently cracked my gauge, I was lazy and shoved a cyrano in my mesh bag and the shaft stuffed the compass. Now in Australia the dealers say that you can only buy the whole module which retails at around $145 (Dont say it I know you guys have cheaper prices - tis why im here in the global economy) But what I wanted to say was that you CAN get a replacement Suunto compass section for about $70.

I went to 5 dive shops in Aus before I got one, the other four said it could not be done. - i have it now in my unit.

FYI

Kraks

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 00:41
I've noticed you carry Pinnacle do you have the new Merino-Elastiprene line of wetsuits. My current 3 mil is wearing out and theirs looks sweet.

I saw those when I was in Australia... which makes sense as the merino sheep are from australia and new zealand. I'm not sure if they are in - I'm romoting right now... Give Joe a call on monday, and if he doesn't have them, he can get one in for you!

Judestudio
08-06-2007, 01:28
I saw those when I was in Australia... which makes sense as the merino sheep are from australia and new zealand. I'm not sure if they are in - I'm romoting right now... Give Joe a call on monday, and if he doesn't have them, he can get one in for you!
We'll take the credit for this one! :smiley2: It's from the Southern parts of NZ (http://www.pinnacleaquatics.com/merino.aspx)!

Back to the topic, yea, I'd also like to see Apeks / Aqualung from ST, but well, you made your point Larry and I respect that.

Krakenn
08-06-2007, 05:57
The Merino breed was developed in the early 1850's through crossing a number of different breeds. The Merino became the backbone of Australian flock culminating in the price for fine micron prices being about 1 pound sterling for a pound of wool in the 1950's

Australia later exported the Merino to New Zealand and South Africa.

And WE Know what Kiwis do to our sheep dont we Judes.

Mind you the best suit ever made back in the mid-80's was the Moray suit and it saw the introduction of armadillo knees - later to become the reinforced knee pads of today. It happened to be developed and marketed by New Zealand.

Believe it or not..

Kraks

Judestudio
08-06-2007, 07:56
The Merino breed was developed in the early 1850's through crossing a number of different breeds. The Merino became the backbone of Australian flock culminating in the price for fine micron prices being about 1 pound sterling for a pound of wool in the 1950's

Australia later exported the Merino to New Zealand and South Africa.

And WE Know what Kiwis do to our sheep dont we Judes.

Mind you the best suit ever made back in the mid-80's was the Moray suit and it saw the introduction of armadillo knees - later to become the reinforced knee pads of today. It happened to be developed and marketed by New Zealand.

Believe it or not..

Kraks
Yup, thanks for the sheep (...and possums, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :smiley7:)!! It doesn't just "happen". Takes great minds and initiatives to start it off :smiley2: ! Many parts nowadays are made in places like China (no offense), but credit goes to those that turn them into something useful, they get to label them Made In Japan (or whatever). Now shall we move onto the pavlova debate :smilie39:

Krakenn
08-07-2007, 00:43
Smiles and they are worried about Raccoons they just havent met a possum or a drop bear yet.

smiles

Kraks

ScubaToys Larry
08-07-2007, 06:51
Smiles and they are worried about Raccoons they just havent met a possum or a drop bear yet.

smiles

Kraks

Aw shucks... the nice folks when I was down in Australia explained if I kept some vegemite rubbed in my hair and behind my ears.. the drop bears wouldn't get me. And it Worked! Not one drop bear landed even near me! How can I ever thank the nice folks down there for being so kind to me! :smiley2:

Krakenn
08-08-2007, 07:51
Yeah Pal, you have to watch those drop Bears!

Kraks

Harshal
08-08-2007, 11:20
Whats wrong with the manufacturers, they would not let you sell products on internet. That’s just stupid of Sunnto and other manufacturers, I personally always like cobra but since ST did not carry them I settled with Aeris XR2.

Krakenn
08-09-2007, 05:55
Dude Ill sell you my Cobra

Advokat
08-09-2007, 06:38
I wish Scubatoys offered Henderson GOLD CORE TROPIC BOOTS,Henderson Tropic Glove. Or may be it is possible to specially order them!

JCAT
08-10-2007, 07:09
I think that Scuba Toys should list every magazine, professional Journal, or publication concerning scuba. A place on the site that would allow one stop shopping, even for those really hard to find.

Not sure if it would be economically viable for them, but it would be nice to just click and order subscriptions.

mwhities
08-10-2007, 09:51
Make sure they fit you. I believe Turtles are somewhere between XL and XXL Jets. XXL Jets are about the size of a small boat.

I had a pair of XL Jets and with my size 16 foot and size 15 3mm boot, it was way to tight. I tried on a pair of XXL Jets and my foot was literally swallowed whole! I sold my XL Jets and bought a used pair of Turtles and they fit perfectly with my 3mm boot. If you are diving dry and have a thick rock boot or some sort, the XXL Jets might be better.

Michael

brandon
08-10-2007, 12:51
I think that Scuba Toys should list every magazine, professional Journal, or publication concerning scuba. A place on the site that would allow one stop shopping, even for those really hard to find.

Not sure if it would be economically viable for them, but it would be nice to just click and order subscriptions.

I like this idea - a larger book selection to include magazines.

There are some good lists started over at Amazon.

-B.

Harshal
08-10-2007, 14:31
Larry look what I found... and women wants ST to stock this right away........
(Larry this is what you get for creating special women's section....lol:))

freediver
08-10-2007, 15:01
Hmmm...how about a food section where I can drop in and get a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread...uhhh wait...heck, I'm 2 hours away! Never mind. Ok, how about a freediving line?

letsgodiving
08-10-2007, 15:08
Right now I would like Scuba Toys to carry a full line of BP/W from Dive Rite, OMS, Oxychek etc etc.

Actually, you could carry a few more of the XS Scuba weight pockets.

emmagee
08-14-2007, 19:23

Being local, I knew the story behind you guys dropping ScubaPro and don't blame y'all one bit. With that said, I still wish you carried it.

quarrydiver
08-14-2007, 20:37
I will buy my gear from an honest shop and I'll find an alternative to a company that has to rig its prices to benefit shops that should be doing something else. Thanks for sticking up for your shop and your customers Larry.

CompuDude
08-15-2007, 11:48
Henderson wetsuits. That'd be a good one to carry.

ScubaPro and Apeks has been discussed to death, but a fella can dream... I'll say I'm very happy with my MK25 I picked up at ST on closeout when y'all decided to stop carrying SP, however. ;)

Any chance you can carry the non-warranty stuff in the same manner LP does? Just a few things, like Jetfins and SK-7s, without getting into the issues of regulator and computer sales, which is where it gets complicated? Something to consider. :)

Salvo would be another good one to carry. I wouldn't bother with Halcyon, but Salvo could be worthwhile.

ParrotHead
08-15-2007, 11:53
Guinness Extra Stout.
And Bass Ale.
Oh, yea. Heineken, too

I'm up for that - "Change your whole latitude". Ya mon...

fire diver
08-15-2007, 12:02
Salvo would be another good one to carry. I wouldn't bother with Halcyon, but Salvo could be worthwhile.

I too would like to see some Salvo stuff hanging in your tech section. I am planning on buying an HID in the 18-24watt range when I get back from Iraq. I like diverite gear, but I'm leaning pretty hard toward the salvo lights. I hear a lot of great things about thier reels and other gear too.

FD

ScubaToys Larry
08-15-2007, 18:18
Henderson wetsuits. That'd be a good one to carry.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/scubavendors.asp?txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=45

CompuDude
08-15-2007, 18:30
See, there I go not checking again... ;)

Next time I need booties or gloves, I know where to go!

Edit: Your page says 3mm only for InstaDry, but my suit, hood and booties are all 7mm, so I know it exists?

Also: Gold Core 7mm Drysuit hood? I'll need a replacement someday...

ScubaToys Larry
08-15-2007, 18:41

Edit: Your page says 3mm only for InstaDry, but my suit, hood and booties are all 7mm, so I know it exists?

We are a henderson dealer - so we can get anything... but with the expense of the 7mil insta dry stuff - we decided not to stock it. If you have a few extra days, we can get anything in the store in about 3 days from them, and turn to you the same day. For emergencies, we can even get stuff drop shipped.

So just shout anytime you want something and you don't see it there.

CompuDude
08-15-2007, 19:05

We are a henderson dealer - so we can get anything... but with the expense of the 7mil insta dry stuff - we decided not to stock it. If you have a few extra days, we can get anything in the store in about 3 days from them, and turn to you the same day. For emergencies, we can even get stuff drop shipped.

So just shout anytime you want something and you don't see it there.
I figured. :) Only mentioned it because the website specifically says "Presently Instadry is available in 3 mil only." for all ID products. You may want to update that language to say "Contact us for thicknesses other than 3mm" or something to that effect.

Krakenn
08-22-2007, 05:14
Hey Compu did you get you Henderson deal?

Kraks

JugglingMonkeys
08-22-2007, 05:36
Good books on scuba.

Charlotte Smith
08-22-2007, 06:09
I wish you would carry frnt zip vests without the hood and Neoprene shorts for us that are diving in very warm water fishing...I could sell 4 sets for you right away...then 6 more in a couple of weeks.....hohum can't have everything can we?

CompuDude
08-22-2007, 13:27
I wish you would carry frnt zip vests without the hood and Neoprene shorts for us that are diving in very warm water fishing...I could sell 4 sets for you right away...then 6 more in a couple of weeks.....hohum can't have everything can we?

I think they make them for Kayakers. You might just need to look in a different type of store.

greyzen
08-26-2007, 17:35
I think Scubatoys carries a ton of amazing gear...I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to mention something and bump this post and frankly... I can't!

so uhmm... /bump

terrillja
08-26-2007, 18:17
I posted elsewhere, but ST should carry t-shirts with their logo on them, front and back, ready made advertising. I had a friend ask me what ST was when he saw my valve cap with the ST logo.

somewhereinla
08-26-2007, 19:10
Larry,

One product I recently saw which nobody seem to have are the "Waterproof" wetsuit / drysuit.
http://www.waterproof-gear.com/index.asp
There are a couple of stores in L.A that have them, but they usually have only one size, L. None of the store seem to be comited. Yet is is the best wetsuit design I have ever seen, and it seem to have great reviews in Europe. Have you guys take a look at this company yet?

CompuDude
08-26-2007, 20:05
Larry,

One product I recently saw which nobody seem to have are the "Waterproof" wetsuit / drysuit.
There are a couple of stores in L.A that have them, but they usually have only one size, L. None of the store seem to be comited. Yet is is the best wetsuit design I have ever seen, and it seem to have great reviews in Europe. Have you guys take a look at this company yet?
They're great wetsuits by all reports... extraordinarily warm, comfortable, and well made... but I can't get past the styling. I know style should have no place in Scuba, but.... I don't wanna look like a Power Ranger!

somewhereinla
08-26-2007, 20:18
I actually love the styling, it's very sleek. and the neck zipper, what a great idea... Can't believe nobdy else have them...

jpep
09-16-2007, 12:50
On behalf of all of us who live far from ST.... how about discount air tickets to ST so we can meet you guys and come in and play with all the great toys! :smiley36:

scuba Widow
09-16-2007, 12:59
Scuba diving related home decor.

DevilDiver
09-16-2007, 14:15
I posted elsewhere, but ST should carry t-shirts with their logo on them, front and back, ready made advertising. I had a friend ask me what ST was when he saw my valve cap with the ST logo.

Would be totaly intrested in ST T-shirts. Can't do the golf shirt thing...:smiley20:

Liv7301
09-16-2007, 17:27

Would be totaly intrested in ST T-shirts. Can't do the golf shirt thing...:smiley20:

In the similar realm of terrillja and DevilDiver...

I would like to see a selection of t-shirts that I would actually wear. Being female I am not attracted to the "skanky blonde in a thong" type style nor the "large toothy eel/predatory fish/amphibian with masculine phrase below it" shirts either. Understandably so. It's just not how I roll. :smiley36:

I had been following your website and dream shopping years before I actually became a diver. And if I remember correctly, many of the t-shirts on your website througout time had been in the clearance section for years.

So, top-side garments for the descerning female diver, and so that I could actually buy some, extended or plus sizes.

texdiveguy
09-16-2007, 17:30
Apeks regulators.

danielh03
09-16-2007, 17:43
OMS Regs, and wings

ScubaToys Larry
09-16-2007, 18:14
OMS Regs, and wings

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=LarryGreenBladder

Anything you want from OMS we can get... We carry a lot in the store now.. just don't have it all on the page. Just email or pm or call... whatever you're looking for, we probably have!

diverdad
09-16-2007, 22:01
What i would like ST to carry is a line of credit , a large line of credit:smiley20:

bversteegh
09-17-2007, 00:25
ULCS Strobe Arms and parts - best on the market right now.

Inon strobes and wet lens.

reasonably priced "biker shorts" type swimsuits to wear under wetsuits

larger collection of ID books (fish, critters, coral)

scubafreak
09-17-2007, 18:10
An anti-bitching spray for my wife. I could spray her with it just before I tell her how much I have just spent on more dive gear :anim_argue:

scubasavvy
09-17-2007, 18:12
An anti-bitching spray for my wife. I could spray her with it just before I tell her how much I have just spent on more dive gear :anim_argue:

:smilie39:...I'd like Scuba Toys to create some sort of justification for spending my tuition money on scuba gear...

ScaredSilly
09-18-2007, 22:57
Hmm, I would like them to carry my gear for me.

danielh03
09-20-2007, 02:26

Let me know if they do, I need a case!

scubafreak
09-20-2007, 07:19
If I invented something like this I would have plenty cash for dive gear:smilie39:

ianr33
09-20-2007, 07:24

You tell her ?

ScaredSilly
09-21-2007, 14:44
Big mistake ... you buy one for her first and then get one for yourself. The wife got a HID can light for her birthday (which is today). Such a good deal I got one for me - my birthday is next week.

MANTAMAN5093
09-21-2007, 17:50
larry,
glad to hear someone tell it (like it is) as for the fins, go for the atomic, or appollo, i have both, you wont be sorry

jwdizney
09-21-2007, 18:08
I think ScubaToys carries virtually anything i could ever want, I only wish it was all on the website so I could drool over it!........:smiley19:

ScubaToys Larry
09-21-2007, 18:11
I think ScubaToys carries virtually anything i could ever want, I only wish it was all on the website so I could drool over it!........:smiley19:

We're working on it. If you look, you will see we have added about 30-40 products a week for the last month or so: http://scubatoys.com/store/newproductscuba.asp

We'll take more of your drool anytime!

jwdizney
09-21-2007, 18:23
Thanks for the FIX Larry!.....:icon_smile_tongue:anyone have a towel? (for the drool.. not the Bugbladder Beast of Traal!)

kauai diver
12-24-2007, 06:01
I would like to see that new Sea Soft retractible flashlight pocket in stock, looks like a functionable item. Sea Soft looked like they had a few other coolproducts too ?

Goober
12-24-2007, 06:24
Aqua Lung and Pinnacle

ScubaToys Larry
12-24-2007, 06:58
Aqua Lung and Pinnacle

As I said earlier in the thread... Aqua Lung 'aint gonna' happen... unless they get sold to an american company and change their policies....

But pinnacle: Pinnacle Wetsuits Scuba Equipment and Dive Gear (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/scubavendors.asp?txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=119)

Goober
12-24-2007, 08:49
Aqua Lung and Pinnacle

As I said earlier in the thread... Aqua Lung 'aint gonna' happen... unless they get sold to an american company and change their policies....

But pinnacle: Pinnacle Wetsuits Scuba Equipment and Dive Gear (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/scubavendors.asp?txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=119)

:smiley9:

Reg
12-27-2007, 02:55
With such advancements in LED technology i'd like to see ScubaToys stock a range of FA&MI Dive Lights.

Lone Frogman
12-27-2007, 05:50
A dive alert plus, I've been waiting for 2 months for them to come in.

LiteHedded
12-27-2007, 08:34
halcyon gear?

hychang
12-27-2007, 09:21
I'll take a couple of bottles as well!

BuzzF117
12-27-2007, 17:27
Larry,

Waterproof - USA (http://www.waterproof-gear.com/index.asp)
They're great wetsuits by all reports... extraordinarily warm, comfortable, and well made... but I can't get past the styling. I know style should have no place in Scuba, but.... I don't wanna look like a Power Ranger!

If price is right who cares if you look like a power ranger as long as its not the pink one!!!

Shortyman801
12-27-2007, 17:43
I know style should have no place in Scuba, but.... I don't wanna look like a Power Ranger!

Oh come on, that is the coolest looking wetsuit I have ever seen. If I could afford it, I'd buy one and just wear it around wherever I went, along with a big Dive watch that I would talk into.

DiverBry
12-27-2007, 19:12
1) The Divator AGA Interspiro line:

http://www.oceantechnologysystems.com/interspirofullface.shtml
or
Interspiro Divator Mk II (http://www.interspiro.com/product-mk2.htm)

I have one, and it would be nice to get parts locally when needed.

(I have seen the Ocean Reef line, and far prefer the Divator from a durability perspective.)

stnole
12-27-2007, 19:24
I mentioned this in another thread, but I would like to see St carry Deep Sea Supply backplates & wings:icon_smile_tongue:. Do you have the Oxycheq aluminum backplate (non travel version)?

CompuDude
12-27-2007, 19:28
halcyon gear?

Seconded!

But I doubt it will happen. Halcyon is way to restrictive about what they let their dealers do, and given Larry and Joe's feelings on AquaLung and ScubaPro after being burned by similar policies, I can't see them going for it. And even if they wanted, Halcyon is pretty picky about who they'll let be a dealer, and how many in a given market. It's not easy to become an H dealer...

Goober
12-27-2007, 19:33
Does Patron count?:smiley9:

jimmysdevoted
12-30-2007, 02:51
I would like ot see ST outrank Leisure Pro and carry oodles of stuff.
I am a snorkeler and i take that seriously, and I also like body boarding.
How about branching to surface interval toys too.

divingchef
12-30-2007, 10:23
Ikelight UW Beer housing with external straw arm and ability to upgrade to 40oz cans.....

Flatliner
12-30-2007, 10:37
How about that ST reward credit card?????

Clanggedin
12-30-2007, 21:18
Mares Proton Metal Octo

ScubaToys Larry
12-30-2007, 22:02
Mares Proton Metal Octo

How many do you want?? They may not be on the page... but we used to have some there... and if you want one... it should not be a problem to come up with one... unless we're out and mares is out. And then we could always cheat and just take a proton metal second and slap a yellow hose on it for you.

Just give Joe a call and he'll try to work it out for you.

fireflock
12-31-2007, 08:12
I'm sure someone here knows about Amazon Prime where you pay a fee upfront ($80 a year in this case) and get free unlimited shipping, no matter the size of the order. I don't know how the numbers work out from a business perspective, but any reliable scuba shop (like ScubaToys :)) that offered something similar would put a real dent in my wallet.

Now I tend to keep a list of things I want and wait a while to build up a bigger order. With Amazon prime I order way more stuff than I used to, without waiting, and it's much more convenient.

Again, I don't know if/how this could work for scuba, but I bet it would be wildly popular.

Rich

Tom A
12-31-2007, 08:47
padded case for consoles seen them on some LDS consoles

LiteHedded
01-08-2008, 07:58
halcyon gear?

Seconded!

But I doubt it will happen. Halcyon is way to restrictive about what they let their dealers do, and given Larry and Joe's feelings on AquaLung and ScubaPro after being burned by similar policies, I can't see them going for it. And even if they wanted, Halcyon is pretty picky about who they'll let be a dealer, and how many in a given market. It's not easy to become an H dealer...

:(

mwhities
01-08-2008, 08:09
I'd like for them to carry ScubaPro (again?) and give me 30%+ discount. :)

Z-naught
01-08-2008, 09:19
What I would really love to see Scubatoys carry is the full line of Agir-Brokk (http://www.agir-brokk.com/) products. After doing a ton of research, I decided upon an Agir-Brokk backplate/wing system as my first diving rig (which has turned out to be wonderful). However, I had to order it from directly from Agir-Brokk in Sweden (really nice people by the way :smiley20:), as I couldn't find a US dealer who carried their full line. I'm aware that Salvo currently carries Agir-Brokk wings, as do a handful of other dealers, but not any of their other excellent gear, such as their can lights, backplates, etc. As I plan to buy Agir-Brokk's new toroidal doubles wing, the Niord 44 (http://www.agir-brokk.com/0c2894a5-6396-4125-99eb-81cdf7529766-29.html), as well as some of their accessories, it would be nice if I could buy them from such an esteemed retailer as Scubatoys...

As an aside, for those who appreciate Halcyon gear, Agir-Brokk can be considered a Swedish analog of Halcyon, and is in my opinion of better design and quality.

SarahBella
01-08-2008, 09:30
I think it would be great if Scubatoys would carry my gear from my car to the water...sorry, just trying to get one step closer to 250. I need lights before I take AOW.

kancho
01-08-2008, 10:03
I think it would be great if Scubatoys would carry my gear from my car to the water...sorry, just trying to get one step closer to 250. I need lights before I take AOW.

Padi materials. I know they are not a PADI shop but maybe I can get some good discounts.. I don't buy my books from my LDS. TOo bloody exp. I order from the US. If all the stuff I need is from one shop then I would pay less shipping. I need 25 more post for my 50 cert and I can buy my back plate wing for my bp that has yet to be shipped to me.

mwhities
01-08-2008, 10:40

I'll take this one off your post count. ;)

aggie99
01-08-2008, 10:49
I would also vote for Halcyon gear....is it really that hard to become a dealer?

Scout
01-08-2008, 12:14
I just found these at my local LDS and they look cool! LDS says they're flying off the shelves.

kancho
01-08-2008, 12:54
I have heard Halcyon in several posts on ST forum. I haven't seen one gear from them at my LDS and ST. Is it that good? Or is it comparable to other brands.

CompuDude
01-08-2008, 13:21
I have heard Halcyon in several posts on ST forum. I haven't seen one gear from them at my LDS and ST. Is it that good? Or is it comparable to other brands.

It is very good technical gear. It is also priced higher than most others, because of the name. And for much of the gear they make, there are other companies that make analogous gear that is just as good or better, for less money. For a few things, however, they actually do make the best gear there is, IMO. Just for a few things, however, and the amount by which it is superior does not necessarily justify the large price premium their name brings, but there you have it. (I avoid the premium where I can, by buying only used H gear in most cases!) :)

For instance, I like their backplates for doubles use better than anyone else's, period, especially with the MC storage pack. Other plates come close, and to some extent a plate is a plate, but there are a few tiny things that just make theirs a bit better, and the MC storage pack has no equal, although a couple of companies make something similar (but it's not as good). Their canister lights are also very, very good... but Salvo's are a LOT less money for 98% of the performance.

Halcyon (http://www.halcyon.net)

CompuDude
01-08-2008, 13:26
What I would really love to see Scubatoys carry is the full line of Agir-Brokk (http://www.agir-brokk.com/) products. After doing a ton of research, I decided upon an Agir-Brokk backplate/wing system as my first diving rig (which has turned out to be wonderful). However, I had to order it from directly from Agir-Brokk in Sweden (really nice people by the way :smiley20:), as I couldn't find a US dealer who carried their full line. I'm aware that Salvo currently carries Agir-Brokk wings, as do a handful of other dealers, but not any of their other excellent gear, such as their can lights, backplates, etc. As I plan to buy Agir-Brokk's new toroidal doubles wing, the Niord 44 (http://www.agir-brokk.com/0c2894a5-6396-4125-99eb-81cdf7529766-29.html), as well as some of their accessories, it would be nice if I could buy them from such an esteemed retailer as Scubatoys...

As an aside, for those who appreciate Halcyon gear, Agir-Brokk can be considered a Swedish analog of Halcyon, and is in my opinion of better design and quality.

I agree, Agir-Brokk makes some very nice gear. Another foreign company that makes really nice gear (I especially like the look of their SMB's) is Frog.

At a certain point, however, I assume there is a practical limit to how many companies' gear one scuba shop can carry, especially given the overlap from the vendors they already carry. For instance, OxyCheq, OMS, DiveRite, and now Hollis all make backplates and wings, and they carry gear from each of those vendors (I believe). How many brands of backplates and wings do they need to carry?

terfmop
01-08-2008, 20:25
I'd second the Suunto compasses

Z-naught
01-09-2008, 09:15
How many brands of backplates and wings do they need to carry?

I suppose however many brands the shop can expect to sell, which of course is a matter that only shop managers can decide. However, due to Scubatoys' status as a leading online retailer, I think it is a reasonable assumption that they can carry more brands of gear than your average brick-n-mortar shop. Still, if I were a running a shop like Scubatoys, I'd probably ditch the least popular brand of tech gear and replace it with Agir-Brokk. As there have been many requests for Halcyon gear, I think becoming an Agir-Brokk dealer could satiate the demand for such tech gear while avoiding Halcyon's stringent reseller conditions.

CompuDude
01-09-2008, 11:45
How many brands of backplates and wings do they need to carry?

I suppose however many brands the shop can expect to sell, which of course is a matter that only shop managers can decide. However, due to Scubatoys' status as a leading online retailer, I think it is a reasonable assumption that they can carry more brands of gear than your average brick-n-mortar shop. Still, if I were a running a shop like Scubatoys, I'd probably ditch the least popular brand of tech gear and replace it with Agir-Brokk. As there have been many requests for Halcyon gear, I think becoming an Agir-Brokk dealer could satiate the demand for such tech gear while avoiding Halcyon's stringent reseller conditions.

Agir-Brokk <=> Halcyon.

Both are good, but they are not the same, and don't always fill the same need. Else there would be no need for either, since neither makes much that DiveRite, OxyCheq, and others that they DO carry already have in their product lineup.

Don't get me wrong, I would be pleased if they added Agir-Brokk to the lineup... I just also acknowledge the reality that there is not an infinite amount of gear that can be stocked... online dealer or otherwise, stock sitting on a shelf takes money. Unless you're content with a middle man, passing on orders (and then waiting for slow international delivery) but not getting the discounts volume ordering provides.

Puffer Fish
01-09-2008, 12:47
I would like to see them carry O'Neil wet suits and Inon strobes.

O'neil because of make the best super-stretch suit and complement Pinnacle, which makes the most durable suit (I have several of both).

Inon because they make one of the best strobes for P&S cameras...

While on that subject, one of the biggest holes in the UW retail sales is that associated with UW camera equipment. Part of that is because of the small margins involved, but even then, having a good selecton of tools and knowledge of all the parts you need should be worth so additional sales..

CompuDude
01-09-2008, 13:03

O'neil because of make the best super-stretch suit and complement Pinnacle, which makes the most durable suit (I have several of both).

While on that subject, one of the biggest holes in the UW retail sales is that associated with UW camera equipment. Part of that is because of the small margins involved, but even then, having a good selecton of tools and knowledge of all the parts you need should be worth so additional sales..

Inon, good one. I would add Ikelite to that list as well. It would be nice to have a choice for Inon other than Reef Photo (as nice as they are) and H2OPhotoPros. At least with Ikelite there's always B&H.

terrillja
01-09-2008, 13:09
Inon, good one. I would add Ikelite to that list as well. It would be nice to have a choice for Inon other than Reef Photo (as nice as they are) and H2OPhotoPros. At least with Ikelite there's always B&H.

ST now has ikelite, it's under just in:

Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing, Underwater Cameras, Ikelite, Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Ikelite_Camera_Housing)

Puffer Fish
01-09-2008, 13:13

It would be nice to have a choice of the "pick of the litter" with regards to equipment. I know that is difficult to do, but, for example, there are a couple of reasonal, low cost tray and arm systems out there, but I don't know of anyone that handles them and the strobes I would like to go on them.

Also, getting all the little pieces added in (yes there is a price for that) would be nice... the o-ring kit for S&S is a very essential item...that little black cover is also nice with some camera's... having someone know that is needed makes it cost more, but it is one serious value added service...

How often do you see people asking what is needed and what to get on forums and lots of times they go unanswered.

Lone Frogman
01-15-2008, 20:20
A dive alert plus, I've been waiting for 2 months for them to come in.

Waits almost over. Just got email from ST with tracking number.

DiveSooner
01-16-2008, 08:20
An expanded childrens line, i.e. wetsuits, bc's, mask/fins. Good quality items, not the Sports strore special. Besides Larry, at the rate they grow, would need to get them new stuff every year.

Z-naught
01-17-2008, 01:17
If Scubatoys is carrying the full Hollis line, I think it would be great if they offered the Prism 2 rebreather (http://hollisgear.com/Products/Rebreather.aspx) as well. I'd love to be able to get the training and rebreather unit from the guys down in Texas.

Gombessa
01-17-2008, 12:17
I haven't gone over the full thread, but I'd like to second the first post re. Sensus Ultra. That sounds like one nifty device, and something that won't be a big distraction during a dive!

NitroWill
01-17-2008, 12:24
I haven't gone over the full thread, but I'd like to second the first post re. Sensus Ultra. That sounds like one nifty device, and something that won't be a big distraction during a dive!

I am interested in the sensus ultra too - since it is one of the few logging devices that has good solid software for Mac

ScottZeagle
01-17-2008, 13:49
Larry -

Here are a few things that I would like you to carry, based soley on my personal needs:

Nikon lenses

Bose Noise Cancelling headphones

Verizon Voyager Cell phone and/or iTouch

Michelob Ultra

Start there and I will let you know when I think of something else.

Thanks - you're that man!!!

Scott

Puffer Fish
01-17-2008, 13:55
Larry -

Here are a few things that I would like you to carry, based soley on my personal needs:

Nikon lenses

Bose Noise Cancelling headphones

Verizon Voyager Cell phone and/or iTouch

Michelob Ultra

Start there and I will let you know when I think of something else.

Thanks - you're that man!!!

Scott

Scott, I was so with you.. until the Michelob Ultra... when you could have asked for anything... sad really.

fireflock
01-17-2008, 14:13
I am interested in the sensus ultra too - since it is one of the few logging devices that has good solid software for Mac

Ditto

Scoobidoo
01-17-2008, 16:54
Seasoft Stealth Boots

cheebaweebie
01-17-2008, 20:49
I would like ST to carry more spearfishing stuff or freediving items... i.e. full foot free diving fins etc...

Doug B
01-23-2008, 20:57
Guinness Extra Stout.
And Bass Ale.
Oh, yea. Heineken, too

Yeung Ling

Super-Duper Scubasteve
01-26-2008, 15:11
I would love it if they would carry a wetsuit that actually fits me and isn't too expensive.

WAHMof2
01-27-2008, 09:43
If ST pays any attention to this thread they're going to need a new warehouse!

Doug B
01-30-2008, 21:10
Rash guards that are not dark colored. I want white-grey-tan rash gaurds with a slight bit of color for accent.

Most of my rash guard wearing is in HOT tropical climates... I dont' want to be wearing a black or dark blue shirt. Too hot.

Larry - Pinnacle is releasing with a short sleeve mens rashguard in a white-grey-blue color scheme. I'll be the first to buy two if you stock them in XL.

Hint. Hint.

I'm headed for Turks in late March... I've been looking for rashguard style/color for more than three weeks off an on... can't find what I like yet.

ScubaToys Larry
01-30-2008, 21:22
Larry - Pinnacle is releasing with a short sleeve mens rashguard in a white-grey-blue color scheme. I'll be the first to buy two if you stock them in XL.

Hint. Hint.

We'll see when they're shipping... Give us a shout and we'll get you set up.

Gombessa
01-30-2008, 21:22
Rash guards that are not dark colored. I want white-grey-tan rash gaurds with a slight bit of color for accent.

Lol Doug, the Pinnacle girl really did a number on you, huh?

Larry and Joe: Please start carrying Reefnet Sensus Ultras!

WaScubaDude
01-30-2008, 22:19

Most of my rash guard wearing is in HOT tropical climates... I dont' want to be wearing a black or dark blue shirt. Too hot.

Hint. Hint.

I'm headed for Turks in late March... I've been looking for rashguard style/color for more than three weeks off an on... can't find what I like yet.
ditto this.

WaScubaDude
01-30-2008, 22:24
Also, Hotsuits heated kidney belt/wetsuit heater.
Hotsuits heated wetsuits, the world's first heated wetsuit (http://www.hotsuits.com.au/products.htm)

Doug B
01-31-2008, 21:46

Hint. Hint.

We'll see when they're shipping... Give us a shout and we'll get you set up.

Cool. If I have time during lunch tomorrow, I will call.

WV Diver
12-24-2008, 12:11
Halcyon

Italianprincess
12-24-2008, 12:23
Some (more) Akona gear...and some coconut rum!!! (Please!)

Mecha
12-24-2008, 15:08
hmm how about a staff pick page...
every month the staff at ST each pick an item and that item goes on a special sale for the masses...

i think the brigade should be the first pick hint hint

smoothdiver
06-13-2010, 21:03
Would love Scubatoys to carry Agir-Brokk rigs.

Largo
06-13-2010, 21:09
I'd like Scubatoys to carry Mithril.

Even if you can find it, you still can't afford it.

lakediver
12-24-2010, 22:54
I would like them to carry the McNett Microfiber towels

KO-Texas
12-25-2010, 06:59
Really... Thank you! Sometimes I worry that I'm getting too involved out here, talking too much.. But much like some other posts... I'm addicted to this too! I'll get up in the middle of the night, and just check to see if anyone is in the chat room, see how many folks are on the site, what are the new posts since I went to bed.

I just get a total kick out of talking and sharing thoughts and ideas with other divers. So thanks to you guys.... If you weren't here, I'd get a bit bored talking to myself!

There's a chat room? Uh Oh!!!! :smiley2:

KO-Texas
12-25-2010, 07:08
This is my list:

Apeks regs
Sensus Ultra ReefNet Inc. | Sensus Ultra (http://reefnet.ca/products/sensus/)

Any others??

If ScubaToys sold anything else...... I'd have to sell a kidney or something :smiley2:
I can sell more blood again after Christmas, see you next week :smiley20: :smiley2: :smiley2:
KO

KO-Texas
12-25-2010, 07:14
Larry,

I got my Waterproof 5mm wetsuit from ScubaToys (THANKS!) for one heck of a deal !!!
KO

Vercingetorix
12-25-2010, 07:15
There's a chat room? Uh Oh!!!! :smiley2:

In the old forum. It is no longer available.

KO-Texas
12-25-2010, 07:16
Ditto !!!!!!!!!! I need 2 cases of "Make your SO Stop Bitching about buying scuba gear" spray and some "Ouch, I spent my college grant money on scuba gear" cream, size XL.

Seriously= ST has been amazing, feeding my addiction! I just need more $ and warm weather!
I start Master Diver class Jan 18th....NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!!!!

KO

ScubaToys Larry
12-25-2010, 08:46
I would like them to carry the McNett Microfiber towels We have them... Just call and we can get you set up.

Vercingetorix
12-25-2010, 09:02
I've mentioned in several threads, just because the web-site does not list an item, does not mean that ScubaToys will not sell it. I've purchased several items through ST that were not on the web-site and not carried in the store. I simply provided Joe with the description (make/model) and sometimes, a screen shot or URL address from another webs-site. If the product is from a manufacturer with which ST has a relationship, then ST can very likely get it for you, even with the forum discount.

I've even joked that Joe can get even non-SCUBA stuff. Ya want it, Joe can get it. Just meet him in a parking lot; he's easy to spot, because his trunk lid will be open.

Rcontrera
12-26-2010, 04:35
How's about compressors? I'd be glad to get you guys set up!:smiley2:

bfmorgan
12-26-2010, 07:09

The gray market issue had me scratching my head......how could so much gear end up on the gray market....a large volume to supply the internet world. This has always been one of the possibilities.

ScubaToys Larry
12-26-2010, 09:10
Yea, we've sold a few compressors. One went to a 150 ft yacht. You think I could have installed it and tested it for, maybe a few months... But NO!

And we've sold a few to fire and police dive teams, border patrol and others. So yes, we can get compressors.

SEMO Scuba
12-26-2010, 20:16
I'm not going to recheck all 17 pages of this thread but, Larry maybe you and Joe could start a firearms section. Has that been suggested yet? I spend a lot more money of that stuff than scuba gear.

Vercingetorix
12-27-2010, 06:14
I'm not going to recheck all 17 pages of this thread but, Larry maybe you and Joe could start a firearms section. Has that been suggested yet? I spend a lot more money of that stuff than scuba gear.

He would not be able to send the firearm to you; it would go to a local FFL holder. That guy would then charge you a delivery fee for accepting it. I used to have an FFL and dealt in firearm and weapons sales.

Lake Michijim
12-27-2010, 12:02
While firearms are not terribly useful underwater, perhaps instead they could sell surplus military vehicles to quarry owners. These could be used as dive attractions. Hmmm... say an M60 Patton tank? That would make a cool dive! I once dove off off Myrtle Beach and they had an artificial reef made from stripped down APC's. Definetely interesting. We, I guess the freight would kill the deal.

SEMO Scuba
12-27-2010, 20:40
OK so it's surplus military vehicles AND firearms. Then we could drive the M60 through the jungle with an AR10 to the dive site.

ScubaToys Larry
12-27-2010, 21:05
Of course we carry fire arms! We are in Texas.. We have our CHL's... so we carry firearms... we just don't sell them. :) sorry!
But we really need to stick to scuba gear.

Aquatrax
12-28-2010, 05:50
I'd be happy if Larry/Joe would carry my doubles from the truck to the compressor room.

Vercingetorix
12-28-2010, 06:15
Of course we carry fire arms! We are in Texas.. We have our CHL's... so we carry firearms... we just don't sell them. :) sorry!
But we really need to stick to scuba gear.

Larry used to carry guns for sale. He actually ENCOURAGES shooting his customers. Don't believe me, here's the link (http://www.gatsplat.com/)
Just wait until the Brady Group here about THIS.

packjk
03-08-2011, 15:21
Do you guys have those tank/speargun holders that suction to the side of the boat?

ScubaToys Larry
03-08-2011, 15:27
Do you guys have those tank/speargun holders that suction to the side of the boat?

Yea, Give a shout, ask for Joe. There are some that use rails that you install, then different things fit onto the rails that can hold this or that, and there are some suction cup ones for things like fishing rods, drink holders, and I'm sure you could use one of these for spearguns...

Joe can shoot you over some pictures after he knows what you are looking for.

scubajane
03-08-2011, 16:08
how about you guys carry my tanks!!!! they are awful heavy and I get tired easily....

how about the squid hats that dont have a chin strap but have sort of mudflaps for my ears. I have seen them in yellow and blue.

Zeagle Eagle
03-08-2011, 18:04
Baha Bob's Sugarless Margarita mix.
Sugar Free Margaritas, Low Carb Margaritas, Margaritas, Margarita Mixes (http://www.bajabob.com/)

That way I could do tell the wife I am just stocking up on some Margarita mix while surfing ST

lakediver
06-02-2011, 11:11
I plan on buying a tank later this summer and I was wondering if ST carried this color tank: CATALINA 80 CF ALUMINUM TANK (http://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-diving/catalina-80-cu-ft-aluminum-tank/) Color: electric black

scubajane
06-02-2011, 17:13
how about those shoes where each toe has it's own little toeholder...

lakediver
06-02-2011, 17:19
Vibram Five Fingers?

scubajane
06-02-2011, 17:36
is that that they are called???

lakediver
06-02-2011, 17:42
If these are it: Vibram FiveFingers : Barefoot Sports Shoes : Toe Shoes & Minimalist Shoes (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm) ....then yes

josh7284
06-03-2011, 13:03
do you guys carry the wirez sunglass retainers? they would probably sell pretty nicely

Flatliner
06-03-2011, 14:27
Still waiting for my Scubatoys reward credit card, I will even volunteer to research it for you if you want. I would WAY rather be earning ST rewards than Amazon points.

SEMO Scuba
06-03-2011, 21:03
Vibram Five Fingers?

That sounds kinky!:smiley2:

russp
06-04-2011, 10:39
I'm good with the ST inventory but a VIP lounge/sports bar back by the pool, that's what they're missing!

Nereus
12-27-2011, 01:13
I know it's been mentioned before in this thread, but I'd like to see ST carry some Halcyon equipment. The local dive shop stocks them but they are ridiculously expensive.