PDA

View Full Version : More Tablerock pics

mm2002
04-17-2008, 11:26
I didn't personally take these, but I thought they were cool. Anyone who's ever been to the Hwy 13 bridge in Kimberling city will appreciate these. For those who haven't, normally, a very large boat can go under the bridge no problem. At this point, I don't think you could have got a canoe under it without ducking!

http://www.mm-restoration.com/scuba/tablerock2008/kcbridge.jpg

http://www.mm-restoration.com/scuba/tablerock2008/kcbridge2.jpg

http://www.mm-restoration.com/scuba/tablerock2008/kcbridge3.jpg

http://www.mm-restoration.com/scuba/tablerock2008/pokscuba.jpg

snagel
04-17-2008, 17:38
Wow.....I've never been to the bridge, but seen pictures and wow.....

I hope the electrical panel box is dead in the Marina Pic.

S. Nagel

cummings66
04-17-2008, 18:24
I've been over it many times and under it a few as well. It's pretty deep.

How's the water level doing? Is it going down now?

harb99
04-18-2008, 10:35
Here is a link to watch the water levels on Table Rock at the Dam

Rivergages.com - Station Information ForTable Rock Dam (http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/stationinfo2.cfm?sid=TRZM7&fid=&dt=S)

mm2002
04-18-2008, 22:45
I've been over it many times and under it a few as well. It's pretty deep.

How's the water level doing? Is it going down now?

It's dropping, probably around 6 ft lower now. Actually, the water looked pretty clear today. Some people have theorized that the flooding, and increased flow could actually flush it out a little, and act as sort of a "cleansing". We'll see. On the upside, the tests for e-coli, phosphates, and other pollutants came back a little high, but still well within the safe zone for swimming, etc. The lake may bounce back pretty well from what I'm seeing/hearing.

snagel
04-19-2008, 06:12
We can only hope!!!

mm2002, since you are down there in the thick of things sort of speak...and probably way too early for this, but...

Are you hearing any plans for clean-up? I noticed a lot of debris around the edges of the lake. Will they try and clean this up or just let nature take care of it?

Are they talking about rebuilding things such as the steps at Dewey?

I'm sure it is way too early for this type of talk and probably need to see really what if any damage there really is once the water goes down, but interestingly is that Memorial Day is about a month away and the lake brings in so much money to the area; especially, on holiday weekends. (But, the floods tend to draw a lot of people to the area also)

Is there any talk already about any problems and things they need to do different in case this happens again. Again, probably way too early for this.

S. Nagel

mm2002
04-19-2008, 10:07
We're having a lake shore cleanup on May 3rd. The water level should be down a little more by then, and there's PLENTY of cleaning to do. I haven't decided what area I'm going to work, but I'll be somewhere doing whatever I can. Anyone here coming down? Oh, and Yes, they are going to rebuild the steps at Dewey. :smiley32:

reservecops
04-19-2008, 23:20
Haven't seen that bridge in person in about 26 years, but that water sure is higher than any time I remember it!

PepeDiver
05-01-2008, 10:39
Hows the lake looking lately? I've got a family Branson/dive trip (family in Branson...Buddy and I underwater) at the end of May. I'm hoping that it'll be settled down by then.

mixahl
05-01-2008, 11:25
Wow, I didnt realize it was that bad

cummings66
05-01-2008, 11:29
I'm hoping things clear up, I've got some deco course stuff I'd like to finish up when you can see again.

snagel
05-01-2008, 17:23
PepeDiver...Good luck on the Branson trip; hopefully, the water will be much better than we had at DUI. I did the family/dive trip to Branson last year. Actually, worked out great. I would get up early and head out to the lake to do some diving and return to the hotel about 1:00. Wife and kids were just getting around, we would do something in the afternoon, catch a show at night. Get up a do it all over again.

S. Nagel

PepeDiver
05-01-2008, 22:38
sounds about right. my mom's husband and I will get up and dive the day away while the women and kids do all the touristy stuff in Branson. Then I'll let my mom buy me dinner and crash till the next day. We'll have 3 full days to dive while we're there so I'm really lookin forward to it.

fire diver
05-01-2008, 23:57
Been to that dive shop a number of times. The water is definately way up!

snagel
05-03-2008, 07:34
When you're in Branson, make sure you stop in Scuba Sports Dive Shop. It's a great shop and the staff (Louis and Monte) are great people. If you need directions, let me know. What's your dive plan? Are just going to try and do some shore diving? Shore diving is good at TR, but you really need a boat to see some of the better dives.

S. Nagel

PepeDiver
05-03-2008, 16:29
I would love to get out and dive off a boat but my mother and wife won't sit on the boat and wait for us to come back up! I don't think I could actually get them ON the boat to begin with. So we'll probably just do shore diving from as many possible spots as we can. I don't know that I want to dive Dewey Short any more than just that Friday morning. I figure after that the viz will be shot for the weekend.