PDA

View Full Version : Leaving on a jet plane....

Moxie
08-02-2007, 20:31
Going to visit my family for a couple of weeks. I hope to be visiting the site, but who knows depending on how busy it gets.

I appoint Foo2 to say hello to all forum newcomers for me.

There will be little to no diving on this trip as I have to cover approx. both families and various friends who are spread out a 1000km from each other.

Have fun and happy postings!

thesmoothdome
08-02-2007, 22:54
Enjoy your trip. We'll catch you up on all the haps when you return.

dmdoss
08-02-2007, 23:01
be safe, sorry its not a diving trip.

Moxie
08-02-2007, 23:02
I'm sorry it's not a diving trip too.... but family is important too. I have to see them every decade or they get mad. In all honesty, I'm looking forward to it.

Hope y'all have a good couple of weeks.

Foo2
08-03-2007, 01:01
Talk to ya soon Moxie! I hope you have a good time with your family. Pop in when you can!

Queen
08-03-2007, 05:10
Have a fun trip!

I'm off after work today myself, heading to FL to spend a week with my folks.

DUnder
08-03-2007, 07:34
Have a fun and safe trip, keep the family happy and the diving will be better later.

Disneymom
08-03-2007, 07:56
Have a safe trip, Moxie - we'll see you when you get back!

loudgonzo
08-03-2007, 07:57
Have a safe trip!

Moxie
08-08-2007, 11:17
I don't know how y'all do it in the south, but I'm roasting! There is too much humidity here in Ontario for me to stand. We've been indoors for the past couple of days as it's pushing 40 C with the humidex.

Hope everyone is well. I'm about 1/4 of the way through my vacay and I'm enjoying every second of it.

Cheers everyone!

georoc01
08-08-2007, 11:42
Ontario Canada or California?

TxHockeyGuy
08-08-2007, 13:52
I don't know how y'all do it in the south, but I'm roasting! There is too much humidity here in Ontario for me to stand. We've been indoors for the past couple of days as it's pushing 40 C with the humidex.

Hope everyone is well. I'm about 1/4 of the way through my vacay and I'm enjoying every second of it.

Cheers everyone!

Let me get this right. You're complaining about it being too hot in Ontario? I highly suggest not visiting Texas. For one it's not the dry state that everyone always seems to think it is, and I have never understood why everyone thinks it is a dry heat down here. I laughed when I saw that the heat index of 100 in New York made the front page of cnn.com. That being said our heat down here has been incredibly mild for us, at the moment we're running a heat humidity index of 104 and the temperature has not peaked today yet. I don't even think it's too terribly hot out at the moment. Although I understand it is going to be topping 100 in the coming days so the normal Texas heat is coming.

georoc01
08-08-2007, 14:22
Texas is a large state. And I am sure all of those movies showing texans as ranchers out on the plain is a typical view of the state. In truth, that would be like maybe the El Paso or Amarillo area.

Anywhere on the east side of the, from Dallas down to Brownsville, certainly is very humid. My company's corporate HQ is just outside of Houston, and summers there are brutal.

Of course, we invite them back up to Denver in December and January.

TxHockeyGuy
08-08-2007, 14:26
Texas is a large state. And I am sure all of those movies showing texans as ranchers out on the plain is a typical view of the state. In truth, that would be like maybe the El Paso or Amarillo area.

Anywhere on the east side of the, from Dallas down to Brownsville, certainly is very humid. My company's corporate HQ is just outside of Houston, and summers there are brutal.

Of course, we invite them back up to Denver in December and January.

It's not so much that Texas is large as much as it is that all the other states (excluding Alaska) are just so small. :smiley2:

Of course you're correct about the varied climate of Texas due to its size. It just depends upon where you are. While summers are certainly no picnic in Dallas they are worse in Houston.

Moxie
08-08-2007, 20:38
Ontario Canada. It's certainly not a dry heat. Was 104F yesterday. That's just gross.

I was in Texas last year, mid winter. Froze my butt off in Dallas. If I want a nice dry heat, I think I'll check out Death Valley.

TxHockeyGuy
08-08-2007, 21:50
Ontario Canada. It's certainly not a dry heat. Was 104F yesterday. That's just gross.

I was in Texas last year, mid winter. Froze my butt off in Dallas. If I want a nice dry heat, I think I'll check out Death Valley.

104F with humidity isn't fun even for us Texans. Can't believe you live up in Canada and you were complaining about our cold though. I went and visited family up in Ohio back in January 06 and I was so cold it wasn't funny. For one I was wearing a "Texas" winter jacket, it was completely inadequate for Ohio. That and I just wasn't used to the cold, quite a few family members were getting quite a kick out of me being so cold when they were quite comfortable. I can take the heat, I can't take the cold.

georoc01
08-08-2007, 22:16
Living along the ocean moderates the weather as they do in BC.

When I lived up in that area Moxie, we always headed down to Lake Ontario, even if you don't get in, just getting close to the shoreline will drop the temp a good 20 degrees because the water is that much cooler.