PDA

View Full Version : CSSP - Visibility after a storm

Chief_Brody
04-18-2008, 10:22
Hi all,

With visibility in mind, what can be expected at CSSP 24hrs after a brief (30 minute) thunderstorm? Looking at heading out there in a few hours and want to know if the trip would be worth it. How long does it have to rain to seriously affect visibility?

Many thanks!

texdiveguy
04-18-2008, 10:37
Hi all,

With visibility in mind, what can be expected at CSSP 24hrs after a brief (30 minute) thunderstorm? Looking at heading out there in a few hours and want to know if the trip would be worth it. How long does it have to rain to seriously affect visibility?

Many thanks!

I think you will be ok---this pond IMO is not effected like many as it has ample veg. growing around it....hey you are getting wet and diving!!

Penguino
04-18-2008, 12:34
When I was there last time I talked to the owner and he said that the vis was affected more by wind then by rain. 24 hour later you are probably fine.

ertechsg
04-18-2008, 13:14
The viz out there will decrease in the summer when alge starts growing and new divers start bounce off the bottom to stir it up should be at it's best now.. enjoy:smiley20:

LaCroix42
04-19-2008, 22:07
I was out there today and the vis was pretty good. In the afternoon it started falling back a bit, though.

Penguino
04-19-2008, 23:09
I was out there today and the vis was pretty good. In the afternoon it started falling back a bit, though.

Whats the water temp up to?