PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater Diving

Jupiter
04-20-2008, 02:21
Can anyone here recommend a freshwater dive to do in Australia with good visibility and interesting features?

oddbod
04-20-2008, 02:54
Can anyone here recommend a freshwater dive to do in Australia with good visibility and interesting features?
Mt Gambier S.A. If not Sinkhole/Cave qualified a drift through Ewan Ponds is wonderful. If you like zero vis 'Floating Islands near Colac Vic. can be amusing:smilie39:

Jupiter
04-21-2008, 06:02
Come to think of it, our weather conditions (dry and dusty) probably don't make for good freshwater diving.

I want to do Lake Jindabyne one day though.

Smashee
04-21-2008, 07:25
Come to think of it, our weather conditions (dry and dusty) probably don't make for good freshwater diving.

Someone should run guided drift dives down the Todd River.

I want to do Lake Jindabyne one day though.+1. Sunken villages kick arse.

Jupiter
04-22-2008, 03:45
We should spread a rumour (among the Americans) on this board that there is "unreal" freshwater diving to be done on the Todd River, although during the wet season that very well may be true!

gbrdiver
04-27-2008, 05:27
Wannem puk yupla got wrong withem Todd River eh? Em propa good place for go diving eh. Em warm water (36.5c), an got em good vis (10cm), also got lotem different things for go see - like got em plently empty plagon bottle and heaps of VB stubbie go rest on bottom!

TheAlchemist
07-20-2008, 11:59
Mt Gambier S.A. If not Sinkhole/Cave qualified a drift through Ewan Ponds is wonderful. If you like zero vis 'Floating Islands near Colac Vic. can be amusing:smilie39:

I must agree, Ewan Ponds is amazing, when I was there, there wasn't much life, well, basically none. But it was still amazing. Snorkeling in Piccaninnie Ponds is awesome. The parents thought it was cold but they are wimps, one thing, you need a license and must have long 5mm suit to snorkel there.... Just don't do as I did and try to free dive down as far as possible where the divers descend, come face to face with a big ass eel, freak out and hit your head on one of the rocks..... It hurts....

TheAlchemist

mchain
07-20-2008, 20:21
Just don't do as I did and try to free dive down as far as possible where the divers descend, come face to face with a big ass eel, freak out and hit your head on one of the rocks..... It hurts....

Ouch! I hate head injuries. I have a bump on the back of my head right now from standing up under an open cabinet door the other day. No eels involved in my story so you win.