PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys feed the fish?

Cichlid
08-02-2007, 21:49
Part of me thinks that it isn't a good idea in the ocean, lakes maybe. The other part thinks it would be fun. I saw this food in a tube stuff in a scuba section of a store, so I guess people do it. What do you guys think/do?

Black-Gorrilla
08-02-2007, 22:08
if people do it too often, it will be "fake" when you dive, cause the fish will swim up to divers wanting food all the time...

dmdoss
08-02-2007, 22:09
small dog food, hot dog franks.

medic001918
08-02-2007, 22:19
I have done it, but don't make a habit of doing it.

Shane

WaterRat
08-02-2007, 22:23
It can for sure create an undesired result. Like the shark dives. The sharks get trained to boat motor+splashes+funny looking fish (divers)= FOOD!! It's probably not a good practice but there are a lot of things humans do because it's cool.

With that said, I have fed fresh water fish in the past. Probably won't feed in the future.

Ron

Venio
08-02-2007, 22:24

And then people complain of ells eating fingers!

:detective:

Doug B
08-02-2007, 22:28
I fed the fish, right after my very first ocean dive. Apparently I was so excited, I was swallowing air into my stomach, 40 feet underwater. I come up to the surface, get on the boat... and my stomach doesn't feel good at all.

I blew chunks over the side of the boat - getting the air, and the eggs, and bacon, and fried potatoes out of my stomach. Then, I felt much better. Oh, and my buddy snapped a photo of my hurlin' over the side. Nice.

Second dive, I was swallowing air too... but figured out what was going on, so I burped out the air as I came up.... no problems on the boat.

After those first two dives... never had it happen again. Wierd.

WaterRat
08-02-2007, 23:05
I fed the fish, right after my very first ocean dive. Apparently I was so excited, I was swallowing air into my stomach, 40 feet underwater. I come up to the surface, get on the boat... and my stomach doesn't feel good at all.

I blew chunks over the side of the boat - getting the air, and the eggs, and bacon, and fried potatoes out of my stomach. Then, I felt much better. Oh, and my buddy snapped a photo of my hurlin' over the side. Nice.

Second dive, I was swallowing air too... but figured out what was going on, so I burped out the air as I came up.... no problems on the boat.

After those first two dives... never had it happen again. Wierd.

Oh, is that what they're talking about? If that's the case I'm the resident puker. Triptone is my friend. I wish ST sold sea legs. :smiley2:

Ron

dmdoss
08-02-2007, 23:25
I just feed the perch.

CompuDude
08-02-2007, 23:33
No, I take Bonine instead. ;)

I did it a few times when I was first certified, but now I prefer to see (and photograph) the fish in their natural routines.

Venio
08-02-2007, 23:49
I see now, that is why the perch at CSSP is so vicious.

:smiley36::smiley36:

dmdoss
08-02-2007, 23:58
I havent done it there. I've only done hot dogs once, and dog food in the pond by my house sometimes.

Venio
08-03-2007, 00:02
I was just kidding! And I kinda figured you haven't been there. The way your mask is, all those rescue divers there would have been all over you, making noise and then posting lengthy threads on scuba boards.
:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

thesmoothdome
08-03-2007, 00:21
I like to sneak crackers into my buddy's BC pocket. Then when they least expect it, slap the pockets. All the soaking wet crumbs poof out and fish come from every direction. Of course, it helps if they're in the vicinity in the first place. :smiley20:

94GTStang
08-03-2007, 00:39

hahahaha

One bit a guys ear when we were going for our OW. Funny stuff.

And no I haven't fed any fish yet...

picxie
08-03-2007, 02:45
I don't usually feed them as I usually dive in Marine Reserves. However I have done it a few times (non-reserves) and it's just makes for an incredible dive when the fish are into it.

Of course there was also the time I was violently ill over the side of the boat and unintentionally fed them :smiley36:

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 09:39
I fed the fish on accident once. After a night of adult beverage consumption, I blew chunks at depth (76 fsw). Fish came flying out of the woodwork. It was friggin' shocking....

the gooch
08-03-2007, 09:42
I fed the fish on accident once. After a night of adult beverage consumption, I blew chunks at depth (76 fsw). Fish came flying out of the woodwork. It was friggin' shocking....
I have done the same, well might have been more like 50 fsw for me but everything else sounds familiar.

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 09:45
I have done the same, well might have been more like 50 fsw for me but everything else sounds familiar.
Dude, it freaked me out. I was scared of those little reef fish. They were on me like a swarm of killer bees, almost immediately. And they came from all over.

I'm perma-scarred.

mwhities
08-03-2007, 09:47

I think youtube has a video of a guy losing his thumb to an eel. Took his tow off to replace the missing thumb.

Michael

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 09:50

I think youtube has a video of a guy losing his thumb to an eel. Took his tow off to replace the missing thumb.

Michael

Dude I saw that video. Did you hear the "POP!" when his thumb came off? Gave me chills...

Then you see him playing a video game with his toe... Awesome.

Harshal
08-03-2007, 10:00
My Instructor had a big no no for it when I was getting certified and then I never did feed them, unless you wanna talk about feeding shark........lol j/k

the gooch
08-03-2007, 13:25
Dude, it freaked me out. I was scared of those little reef fish. They were on me like a swarm of killer bees, almost immediately. And they came from all over.

I'm perma-scarred.I was worried at first when I felt sick and then it came out. I started laughing afterwards, and yeah, the fish love it --YUCK

scubajane
10-17-2007, 19:18
we occasionally feed hot dogs to fish at mt storm. it is a man-made lake used for cooling a coal power plant. i fed the fish all the left over hot dogs from a summer picnic. when we came up we saw LOTS of boats on the surface. it seems they were having a fishing contest. we fed the biggest ones on the bottom!!!

WV Diver
10-17-2007, 19:34
we occasionally feed hot dogs to fish at mt storm. it is a man-made lake used for cooling a coal power plant. i fed the fish all the left over hot dogs from a summer picnic. when we came up we saw LOTS of boats on the surface. it seems they were having a fishing contest. we fed the biggest ones on the bottom!!!

I also feed those fish at Mount Storm. I never feed saltwater fish but the freshwater ones are a lot of fun to feed and watch. Especially the catfish.

Cojrock
10-17-2007, 19:39
I love fish feeding tho like some guy said its not good to do it often as you will mess up the stupid fishes habits. Try feeding Damsel fish, they go nuts.

RECDiver
10-17-2007, 20:35
Not any more.

frankc420
10-17-2007, 20:51
It's fun in fresh water for sure... as far as salt water goes, not so sure about that one :)

DevilDiver
10-17-2007, 20:51
IMO - I do not agree with feeding fish. Especialy "human food" is of no nutritional value to marine life and disrupts the natural behavior of the reef life.

CaptainRon
10-17-2007, 22:45

Michael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMX0lHjsAU

BobbyWombat
10-18-2007, 09:11
In a quarry or lake....yeah, I wouldn't have a problem feeding the fish. They are so used to people anyway.

In rivers or the ocean with wild creatures in their natural habitat.....definitely not. I don't want to be part of altering the natural balance of things.

A good case study is what happened to the Grizzly Bears at Yellowstone when the park created trash heaps for them to feed on. Totally screwed up thier behavior.

Netsloth
10-18-2007, 09:23
I would never do it, but a "friend" told me that fish love cheez-whiz. Seriously. If you take a can...er...that is, he told me he took a can down, and squeezed off a little bit at a time, and it draws crowds of fishies.

Cheez-whiz also goes well with fish-sticks.

RoadRacer1978
10-18-2007, 09:34
Feed the fish in my aquarium everyday. I've really screwed them up, been doing it so long they expect it and rely on me to live now. Stupid ecosystem!

Never fed any fish in their natural enviroment, but have thought abot it before in the lake just to see all the fishies, but haven't done it as I also am not sure about feeding them and messing up their natual habits. Surely just once can't hurt anything, but haven't chanced it.

scubajane
11-24-2007, 23:30
WV Diver, have you seen any fish other than catfish? I've seen a few small perch, trout and 1 small mouth bass. there is a large black catfish with a white smear on his head. he looks like someone hit him with a paintbrush. we call him paint. he is pretty aggressive. we dove Mount Storm every weekend in september and never saw him.

Soonerwink
11-25-2007, 17:04

Michael

Here is another link if the youtube didn't work for you. Someone is claiming 3rd party infringment on that video. Eel Bites Off Divers Thumb Video (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/605954/eel_bites_off_divers_thumb/)
Here is a third link someone is eliminating them around the web. If it doesn't work try googling eel bites off divers thumb. Be sure and turn up the volume on video. Eel Bites Off Divers Thumb*Video (http://www.break.com/index/eel_bites_off_divers_thumb.html)

tarheeldiver
11-25-2007, 17:58
I have fed the quarry fish but I don't thing I would want to in the ocean

James
11-25-2007, 18:25

Michael

Here is another link if the youtube didn't work for you. Someone is claiming 3rd party infringment on that video. Eel Bites Off Divers Thumb Video (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/605954/eel_bites_off_divers_thumb/)
Here is a third link someone is eliminating them around the web. If it doesn't work try googling eel bites off divers thumb. Be sure and turn up the volume on video. Eel Bites Off Divers Thumb*Video (http://www.break.com/index/eel_bites_off_divers_thumb.html)

That guy was definately asking for it. He was feeding a wild creature finger-shaped food out of his hands. I hope people learn a lesson from this.

Ohio_diver16
11-26-2007, 00:22

Michael

That guy was definately asking for it. He was feeding a wild creature finger-shaped food out of his hands. I hope people learn a lesson from this.

I concur with James here, I've never fed the fish, not for any particular reason just haven't. But I have, however, always had large purebred dogs, usually Rottwielers and German Shepards, and one thing I've learned is this, when training your dog, NEVER HAND FEED IT FOOD! If a domesticated animal with bite your hand to get food a wild animal will surely take it off. And for this he deserves a Darwin Award, and a slap on the forehead like in the V-8 commercials.

navyhmc
11-26-2007, 02:34
I've seen a few folks feed fish-cheese whiz and hot dogs seem to be the favorites. Most of the time it's small fish like perch and bass, but occasionally you'll get an agressive and big catfish coming in to take it's share.

medicdiver
11-26-2007, 04:57
I feed fish in fresh water. I will usually take cat fish bait down prior to a night dive to get more of them in the area.

bubble-head
11-26-2007, 06:21
Everyone seems to feed the fish in the quarry we dive at. I've done it on occassion and the fish don't seem to complain. I've never fed them in the ocean.

ScubaJenn81
11-26-2007, 08:11
I used to feed the fish until I heard/saw the video about the eel and the finger, I will tell you, never again....

tremtech
11-26-2007, 08:52
I feed ocean fish all the time. First the chum block is lowered . Then I place shrimp, cut fish, or squid on the end of a hook. I have used catfood and manhedden oil frozen into a block to bring in the fish. I have even strapped plastic shrimp on to get them to feed. Usually after I have fed them, one or two of them will feed me.

medicdiver
11-26-2007, 10:54
"Fish are friends. Not food":smilie39: I love NEMO.

BuzzF117
11-26-2007, 11:54
Gilboa quarry sells bags of fish food for 50 cents

medicdiver
11-26-2007, 19:36

Just make sure you wear armor by the bus because your gonna get mugged:)

BuzzF117
11-26-2007, 19:44

What do you mean even if you don't have food you get mugged

navyhmc
11-26-2007, 21:15

Okay, the trip to Gilboa is off! I still have nightmares from being in the middle of a feeding frenzy at Roatan...:smiley36:

CaribbeanDiver
11-27-2007, 10:36
Absolutely not. It interferes with nature; distorts natural fish behavior; creates unsafe situations (such as when the idiot feeding hot dogs to an eel lost his thumb); violates the most cardinal rule - dont touch or mess with the wildlife and hope the wildlife doesnt mess with you.

mcc2318
11-27-2007, 13:32
My thoughts are no, I was instructed that when you dive not to feed them, this is a story some one posted on msscuba.com,
Reef woes, injuries tied to fish feeding - Easy Cheese (http://www.msscuba.com/forum/index.php/topic,389.msg1834.html#msg1834)
http://www.msscuba.com/forum/Themes/SoftMC_Blue/images/english/quote.gif (http://www.msscuba.com/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=1834;topic=389.0;num_r eplies=0;sesc=88ba5b2eef22b1159f3cf7155b1495e3)
Until only recently, it was not uncommon for snorkelers or scuba divers to bring a can of Easy Cheese, pizza crust or peas with them on an underwater adventure.

The fish would come in swarms to eat out of the swimmers’ hands.

But after decades of hand-feeding fish, environmentalists and charter operators said something went wrong: The fish became habituated or addicted to getting the food.

Sometimes the fish were so well fed that they refused to graze off of the reefs’ natural algae and seaweed.

Sometimes, when a snorkeler or swimmer didn’t have something for them to eat, the fish became aggressive and nippy. Dozens of cases of minor fish bites have been documented in Honolua Bay alone, said Liz Foote, Hawaii field director for the Coral Reef Alliance and executive director of Project S.E.A.-Link, a Maui-based ocean preservation nonprofit.

To combat the aggressive fish problem and help restore natural order to the delicate reef ecosystems, Foote’s organizations have mounted a coordinated campaign on Maui and across Hawaii to end the practice of fish feeding.

The Take a Bite Out of Fish Feeding Campaign now lists more than 30 members in its Fish-Friendly Business Alliance. Some dive shops and charter boats have refused to allow their customers to feed fish for years, Foote said.

However, there are still some chain stores and dive operators who question the research and point out that fish feeding remains legal in Hawaii – outside of preserves – and in some parts of the world, it is encouraged by governments.

Maui Dive Shop has taken the approach that it will continue to sell fish pellets approved by the University of Hawaii Marine Biology Department but have employees discourage customers from feeding fish, said Maui Dive Shop General Manager Jeff Strahn.

“If the choice is pizza crust or cheese or corn or stuff that’s bad for fish – basically we are trying to get people away from feeding the fish – but that fish food is a far superior product,” Strahn said.

It’s a supply-and-demand problem, he said. His employees will work to eliminate demand but continue to provide the safer alternative in the meantime, Strahn said.

Foote said she believes the shop owners, tourists and local divers will make the right decision once they have the right information.

With the increasing emphasis on earth-friendly and sustainable business practices, the campaign has been a hit so far, Foote said.

“These days, divers are much more interested in learning about marine life than in feeding it, riding it and collecting it,” said Pauline Fiene, owner of Mike Severns Diving, a scuba-diving charter operation in Kihei.

People are becoming more respectful of the marine life underwater and more interested in the natural behaviors of fish, Fiene said.

The literature includes a photo of a man who’d been bit on the finger by a fish. The campaign workers also hand out identifying door stickers to shops that participate.

“Just the experience of being accosted by the fish is enough to alarm a lot of people,” Foote said.

The Coral Reef Alliance is based in San Francisco and dedicated to protecting the health of coral reefs in the Pacific Rim and Latin America.

Foote said that when fish do not feed on algae and seaweed, it harms the reef by suffocating the coral and can even lead to the proliferation of invasive species otherwise eaten by the fish.

Elaine Cuaresma, owner of Maui Sights and Treasures in Kihei, said she recently unloaded her fish food and now tells her customers not to feed the fish.

“We all make money off of our beautiful ocean, so we don’t want to ruin our reef,” Cuaresma said.

WV Diver
11-27-2007, 14:46
WV Diver, have you seen any fish other than catfish? I've seen a few small perch, trout and 1 small mouth bass. there is a large black catfish with a white smear on his head. he looks like someone hit him with a paintbrush. we call him paint. he is pretty aggressive. we dove Mount Storm every weekend in september and never saw him.

I think you covered it as far as fish species. I did see a freshwater jellyfish there on an October dive I think. I haven't seen the catfish you are speaking of but I see one there every now and then that is blind in the right eye and looks like he has been had a pretty rough life.

Airborne!
11-27-2007, 14:58
I have never really seen any reason to feed the wildlife on a dive. If I want a pet then Iíll buy a dog.

Mycroft
11-27-2007, 15:31
It can for sure create an undesired result. Like the shark dives. The sharks get trained to boat motor+splashes+funny looking fish (divers)= FOOD!! It's probably not a good practice but there are a lot of things humans do because it's cool.

With that said, I have fed fresh water fish in the past. Probably won't feed in the future.

Ron

BS. I have been to Shark dives, and they are not trained that divers = food. On one spot I went to, the dive op has been feeding sharks for 30 years with no injuries, and no shark attacks, in that area, by ANY species of shark.

And yes, I have done my homework. I have spent over 5 years tracking incidents and have had my charts of them published. The data I have tracked include all known shark incidents for the last 110 years.

PhD4JC
02-01-2008, 08:11
ok
WHO has the link to this video???

Michael

Dude I saw that video. Did you hear the "POP!" when his thumb came off? Gave me chills...

Then you see him playing a video game with his toe... Awesome.

jbres1
02-01-2008, 08:22
The only time I feed the fish is in rough seas.
I have been known to chum the water with what ever I had to eat that day.
Jim Breslin

PhD4JC
02-01-2008, 08:22
On my second quarry dive every (where the fish are fed hotdogs)
I was bitten by a brim while letting the air out my vest (ove rmy head) during my 1st decent.
I guess my fingers look a little too much like hotdogs.

I no longer have a scar (I also no longer have a scar from the 52 punctures from a snakebite), but had 5 gashes in my finger for several months.

Everyone seems to feed the fish in the quarry we dive at. I've done it on occassion and the fish don't seem to complain. I've never fed them in the ocean.

CompuDude
02-01-2008, 14:26
ok

You can search for it on youtube, but it's not easy to find anymore... they keep pulling it for TOS violations, so everytime you find a live link that someone has uploaded, it only lasts a couple days before the find it and pull it again.

Foo2
02-01-2008, 14:37
This thread is so old and I thought that I replied to it forever ago.....but I didn't. :) oops! I mainly dive at CSSP. I do not feed the fish there cause they are already aggressive enough. The darned things will attack your ears if you don't have a beanie on. I'd rather not add to the bad behaviour. ;)

mwhities
02-01-2008, 14:43

Same way at http://www.divealabama.com. ;)

I'll be diving there tomorrow. (Ohh I love typing that.) I'll see about getting you some video of the fish. Ohh and don't mind the parts where I'm doing feet first ascent to the surface in my new dry suit. :)

mwhities
02-01-2008, 14:48
ok

Here is the first version:

YouTube - Wild life and carelessness (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqRf6yXkNpo)

Here is the second version:

YouTube - eel bites off thumb (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vgWKYzoVNO0)

Super-Duper Scubasteve
02-01-2008, 16:33
Oh man, that's kind of creepy. I feed the fish in lakes with oysters found on the bottom sometimes.

aggie99
02-01-2008, 17:40
At my AOW class I wanted to screw with the instructors so I slipped Vienna sausages into their integrated weight pockets. The plan was they would disintegrate and fall slowly out of the bottomless pocket and the fish would harass them the entire weekend. After 6 dives and no fish attacks I checked to see if they had fallen out, they were still pristine! I guess anything that's first ingredient is "Mechanically Separated Chicken Parts" is probably not that natural.

Another idea the guy that owns the place suggested was to take a can of cheez wiz down on a dive and when they weren't paying attention squeeze a bunch on their mask, supposedly the fish start ramming into the mask! That seemed a bit too cruel and dangerous, plus it would have guaranteed me not to have got my AOW card :) !

WaScubaDude
02-01-2008, 17:56
[QUOTE=Mycroft;98706snip...
BS. I have been to Shark dives, and they are not trained that divers = food. On one spot I went to, the dive op has been feeding sharks for 30 years with no injuries, and no shark attacks, in that area, by ANY species of shark.

And yes, I have done my homework. I have spent over 5 years tracking incidents and have had my charts of them published. The data I have tracked include all known shark incidents for the last 110 years.[/QUOTE]

Hey mycroft...or should I say "Shark-Boy!" do you know how many bites on divers while under water?? My guess is few, but I always wondered??
At the surface there must be some, and for surfers and snorklers many, but it would be cool to see the numbers. Did you follow the thread that said 5000+ deaths by Box Jelly sting? Must way out do even shark bites?

aggie99
02-01-2008, 19:08
[quote=Mycroft;98706snip...

And yes, I have done my homework. I have spent over 5 years tracking incidents and have had my charts of them published. The data I have tracked include all known shark incidents for the last 110 years.

Hey mycroft...or should I say "Shark-Boy!" do you know how many bites on divers while under water?? My guess is few, but I always wondered??
At the surface there must be some, and for surfers and snorklers many, but it would be cool to see the numbers. Did you follow the thread that said 5000+ deaths by Box Jelly sting? Must way out do even shark bites?[/quote]

When I was in the Bahamas I was talking with my dive op about this issue. He is a smaller operator and has been diving the area his whole life and won't feed the sharks. We did a shark dive where we just went to a location that they naturally congregate, no feeding. It was awesome to see them glide around you. His reasoning for not feeding sharks is partly diver safety but the main reason is the shark's safety. What is happening is that the sharks are getting used to being fed in a certain area and the big boat fisherman know it. At night these boats are going out an trying to catch them and even if they are unsucessful they are causing damage to the sharks. He has seen them with lures stuck in their mouth and even gaffed in their sides. This does cause them to attack each other because of their natural instints to attack when blood is in the water. I had never thought of this result coming from diver shark feedings. Very sad!

whse56
02-01-2008, 19:16
Nope, let them find there own food.

TravisD
02-03-2008, 20:08
I would never do it, but a "friend" told me that fish love cheez-whiz. Seriously. If you take a can...er...that is, he told me he took a can down, and squeezed off a little bit at a time, and it draws crowds of fishies.

Cheez-whiz also goes well with fish-sticks.

The blue gills at the local quarry here LOVE the spray-cheese. They'll come up and suck it right out of the nozzle. If you're quick you can grab them right out of the water while they're occupied with the cheese can. Our theory at this point is if we fry one up, it'll make it's own "butter" sauce :smiley36:

skippy11
02-03-2008, 20:55
This thread is so old and I thought that I replied to it forever ago.....but I didn't. :) oops! I mainly dive at CSSP. I do not feed the fish there cause they are already aggressive enough. The darned things will attack your ears if you don't have a beanie on. I'd rather not add to the bad behaviour. ;)

I AGREE to the agressive fish at CSSP. We did our OW there and before our first dive our instructor was telling us stories about one of the other instructors....Everytime he dives there a perch will bite his ear. They said it was the same perch each time, so they named it. (I forget the name) Anyways during my third dive, we were at the flight simulator and this perch keep starring me down. It would not swim away. All I could think about was "THE EAR PERCH!!" Needless to say, I swam away!! :smiley1:

mm2002
02-04-2008, 10:47
We love feeding the fish at the lake. The catfish are especially fun to feed, because you have to spend a little time and patience "earning" their trust.
One time a big bluegill bit my wife on the ear, and she freaked. At the time I didn't know what had happened, but I caught her out of the corner of my eye trying to get my attention. She was holding her hand up by her head and flapping her thumb and fingers together (like she was doing a hand puppet), and pointing to her ear. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she was trying to tell me. I finally decided that she was suffering narcosis, and was trying to tell me that the fish were talking to her. I pointed up, and we surfaced. At the surface I asked what the hell she was trying to tell me. That's when she showed me here little bloody spot on her ear. We ended up having a good laugh out of that, and continued the dive. We've worked on our hand signals a little since then!

NucMed Man
02-04-2008, 12:34
My daughter anad I did our OW at Catalina. There many snorkler's go out with bags of fish food in oder to attract the "locals'. Not a good practice! As my daughter was snorkelling once (without the food)while waiting for tank refills and almost lost her little toe to an angry and aggrestive Sea Bass.

TRACI
02-04-2008, 14:05
I do not feed the fish, I am already carrying so much stuff on my BC and in my pockets, I would have no room to carry fish food.

jeepbrew
02-04-2008, 14:10
Cheese WHIZ!!!

caroln
02-04-2008, 15:58
We sometimes feed the fish at the quarry crawfish during our safety stops. They know the divers do it and actually beg.

RoyN
02-05-2008, 12:21
Since I'm an underwater naturalist, I think I'll make the fish find their own food so that I could watch and be amaze at nature :)

Ladyvalea
09-12-2008, 01:58

I AGREE to the agressive fish at CSSP. We did our OW there and before our first dive our instructor was telling us stories about one of the other instructors....Everytime he dives there a perch will bite his ear. They said it was the same perch each time, so they named it. (I forget the name) Anyways during my third dive, we were at the flight simulator and this perch keep starring me down. It would not swim away. All I could think about was "THE EAR PERCH!!" Needless to say, I swam away!! :smiley1:
I was biten on the ear couple weeks ago !! "must have been the Ear Perch" he skinned the side of my ear!