PDA

View Full Version : What makes a regulator Nitrox compatible?

downunder
08-02-2007, 23:22
I am seeing regulators rated for various levels of Nitrox compatible. I am trying to think what could be different in the units that make it Nitrox compatible.

The same is with tanks Yeah, I understand that the sticker prevents confusion of what is in the tank! but other than that, I imagine it's all the same?????

Black-Gorrilla
08-02-2007, 23:27
http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=729

half a page down from where you posted...

downunder
08-02-2007, 23:32
Oooops, I missed that thread. Thanks!

CompuDude
08-03-2007, 00:16
Most regs are Nitrox compatible, up to 40%, which is all you'll use diving recreationally.

The exception to this is titanium regs, which are, IMO, overpriced and not needed, and are not generally recommended for diving with Nitrox.

Dive-aholic
08-03-2007, 03:42
I've got a titanium reg that I happened to get from ST a few years ago for a really good deal. The titanium ones were discontinued and Larry bought a bunch from the manufacturer for a great price. I've read the issues about diving them with nitrox, but I haven't had an issue. And that's even after diving them with nitrox for a week on a liveaboard doing 4-5 dives a day.

comet24
08-03-2007, 06:49
If your diving rec. Nitrox your fine with almost any reg. It's when you get into high oxygen percentages that you need to make sure your reg is ready for it. Also most regs labeled as Nitrox ready also state only to 40 or 50%.