PDA

View Full Version : New Melle Quarry this sun

skdvr
04-21-2008, 08:20
I am going to head out the the new diving quarry in New Melle MO this Sun. if anyone is interested in coming out there and checking it out just let me know.

They do not have a website yet, all they have is a myspace page which you can see here (http://www.myspace.com/divestop).

Phil

jawisa1
04-21-2008, 10:12
I might be interested depending on what time I finish with my daughter's Bubblemaker class with Great American. It should be done by 1:00.

James

jawisa1
04-21-2008, 10:24
Dave Cruz sent a nice flyer with some good information and hours of operation for the new site. Take a look.

James

cummings66
04-21-2008, 10:33
How deep is the quarry and what kind of vis do they have?

skdvr
04-21-2008, 10:38
How deep is the quarry and what kind of vis do they have?

Not real deep, I think about 60'. Vis is supposed to be in the 20' range. I just sent them an email this morning asking about the conditions. I will post them on here when ever he responds...

Phil

skdvr
04-21-2008, 10:40
I might be interested depending on what time I finish with my daughter's Bubblemaker class with Great American. It should be done by 1:00.

James

James, are you going to the Swap/Sale and BBQ on Sat at the Kirkwood store?

Phil

jawisa1
04-21-2008, 10:44
I should be there. Thanks for reminding me. I e-mailed dave to see if he might be open this week for weekday diving and hope he responds soon.

James

skdvr
04-21-2008, 10:47
I should be there. Thanks for reminding me. I e-mailed dave to see if he might be open this week for weekday diving and hope he responds soon.

James

Well then hopefully I will see you on Sat then. You should have done the underwater darts this past weekend. It was a blast... Of course I won the competition, so you would not have been able to beat me anyway:smilie39:.

I cannot dive during the week this week. I am actually off this weekend so no days off during the week for me.

Phil

skdvr
04-21-2008, 15:15
I jsut heard back from Dave Cruz (owner of the quarry) and he said that on Sun they had 20 - 25 ft of Vis and water temp was 58 on the surface and 43 at the bottom...

Phil

jawisa1
04-21-2008, 15:32
Phil,

Thanks for the info. I am looking for someone who would be available later this week to check out the site as the weekend is pretty busy.

James

skdvr
04-21-2008, 15:35
Phil,

Thanks for the info. I am looking for someone who would be available later this week to check out the site as the weekend is pretty busy.

James

Try posting something in the dive buddy section of TGADC forum. I know that Mark can do some week day diving...

Phil

Soonerwink
04-21-2008, 18:53
When you get back be sure and post a report, I would be very interested in this dive site. I have some relatives that live in New Melle that have been trying to get me to come visit them for the last couple of years. This might give me a good reason.

skdvr
04-21-2008, 20:02
When you get back be sure and post a report, I would be very interested in this dive site. I have some relatives that live in New Melle that have been trying to get me to come visit them for the last couple of years. This might give me a good reason.

Will do :smiley20:

Phil

davey
04-25-2008, 08:39

Phil

Hi Phil,

I'm with a small group from Ballwin/Chesterfield thinking about going over to New Melle for the last phase of our certification. Anything you can share about it would be greatly appreciated. It would be very convenient but I hear they had poor visibility in the past.

Thanks,
Steve

jawisa1
04-25-2008, 09:42
A buudy of mine from work and i will also be heading there this weekend. We will be there Saturday morning if anyone else is interested.

James

skdvr
04-26-2008, 06:30

Phil

Hi Phil,

I'm with a small group from Ballwin/Chesterfield thinking about going over to New Melle for the last phase of our certification. Anything you can share about it would be greatly appreciated. It would be very convenient but I hear they had poor visibility in the past.

Thanks,
Steve

I talked to someone yesterday who dove the quarry on Thurs and said that they vis was about 5 ft. With all the recent rain it just has everything mucked up. I am not expecting much this Sun.

Jawisa1 - you will have to let us know how it goes today...

Davey - Welcome to the board. Keep an eye on here for others setting up dives. There should be quite a few you can get in on. If you are ever wanting to go somewhere and do some diving and are looking for a few buddies, just post in here.

Later
Phil

hudson
05-04-2008, 18:38
Just to update, vis was about ~10ft today, a little better in places in the 20 to 35ft range. They can swipe CCs now btw.

skdvr
05-05-2008, 06:15
Just to update, vis was about ~10ft today, a little better in places in the 20 to 35ft range. They can swipe CCs now btw.

Did you get a few more dives in yesterday after I left???

Phil