PDA

View Full Version : May I brag a bit?

fisheater
04-21-2008, 11:26
Last night, my son and his partner took third in the California High School Parlimentary Debate Championship.

Considering that California is a big state and more than 400 kids competed, I'm a VERY proud dad.

reactive
04-21-2008, 11:37
Congrats! I don't know first hand, but I suspect that there are very few feelings that are better than being proud of your kid! Pass on our good word from everyone here at ST!

texdiveguy
04-21-2008, 11:50
Job well done it sounds like for 'both' you and your son--CONGRATS!

harb99
04-21-2008, 13:18
Last night, my son and his partner took third in the California High School Parlimentary Debate Championship.

Considering that California is a big state and more than 400 kids competed, I'm a VERY proud dad.

congrats :smiley20:

Sounder
04-21-2008, 15:41
Dude! Get him over on "the other board" - he'll have a blast arguing with random nobodys!!

reactive
04-21-2008, 15:43
Dude! Get him over on "the other board" - he'll have a blast arguing with random nobodys!!

Nice! :smiley20::smilie39:

Foo2
04-21-2008, 15:44
Congrats to Fisheater Jr.!!! That's very impressive! You have every right to brag...so brag away!

Sounder
04-21-2008, 15:44

...and then enroll him in law school. My wife is an attorney and LOVES to argue.

fisheater
04-21-2008, 17:14

...and then enroll him in law school. My wife is an attorney and LOVES to argue.

He's graduating from high school this year, attending U.C. Santa Barbara next year and aiming for law school after that.

(BTW, I'm an attorney and my wife isn't. Wives don't have to got to law school to LOVE to argue - or by damned good at it. :smiley2:)

Sounder
04-21-2008, 17:56
(BTW, I'm an attorney and my wife isn't. Wives don't have to got to law school to LOVE to argue - or by damned good at it. :smiley2:)

My friend, you are preaching to the choir!! I'm an MBA student and full-time Fed... I've considered the JD route after the MBA but just don't see myself being successful. I'm definitely not the JD type.

Yes, women DO love to argue (Sounder ducks into secret bomb shelter)... just imagine if your wife WAS an attorney - welcome to my world!! I'm always wrong TWICE!! A) I'm a man, and B) I'm not an attorney! Fortunately Mrs. Sounder is an awesome girl who is willing to accept that she'll win an argument even if she's wrong, so we have discussions and when she starts to argue, we stop and remember we're still in a discussion.

A thought:

"If three husbands are walking in a forest and nobody can hear them, are they still wrong?"

NucMed Man
04-21-2008, 20:25
A thought:

"If three husbands are walking in a forest and nobody can hear them, are they still wrong?"

By man law only if two out of the three say so!

Osprey
04-21-2008, 22:11
May you brag a bit? no

May you brag a LOT? Sure can! ;)

Congrats to your son!

mobeeno
04-21-2008, 22:57
Schweeeeeet:clap::toast: