PDA

View Full Version : Din/Yoke style

TAH 73
04-21-2008, 22:46
Will be travelling to Australia for 6 months starting in June, will be landlocked part of the time in the mountains of NSW but planning on getting to the coast for a few dives and some extensive diving I hope October/November.
Will be bringing some of my gear and most importantly will get to use my new reg set. Question is, it's set up for yoke style, in Aus is this going to be an issue, and right now I d have the time to get it swapped over to a DIN 1st stage, but if I don't need to I would like to avoid the cost.
Plus here in Canada all the rental tanks I have come across are yoke style.

mangrovejack
04-22-2008, 01:53
Mostly yoke style tanks here, so you should be fine.

oddbod
04-22-2008, 06:04
You would actually have a problem if they were DIN. Hope you enjoy your stay and the mountains are never too far from the sea.

Smashee
04-22-2008, 06:14
More yoke than DIN with rental gear. Enjoy the diving!

Aussie
05-06-2008, 08:12
I would recommend that you buy your new regs in DIN as they normally come with a DIN adaptor which gives you the best of both worlds ;)

Aussie

MadDiver
05-24-2008, 10:43
Hi,

I plan to go to Australia too.

Will I be able to use my European Din Regulator (Aqualung Legend Lx Suprem) ?

MadDiver

gbrdiver
05-25-2008, 03:04
On the Australian east-coast, yoke is still flavour of the month. Even liveaboards that have din/yoke tanks often say din is not available because it adds to their workload during fills. Not all operators will carry din tanks. On the west-coast, din is more popular.

MadDiver
05-29-2008, 16:14
Thanks for your answer. I'll bring an Yoke-Din adaptor with me to be sure.

desparoz
06-03-2008, 08:13
DIN and Yoke can be filled at almost all dive centres.

Most hire tanks (and regs) are yoke, but some places use DIN for nitrox hire gear.

Have fun in Oz - let us know how you go.

Cheers

Des