PDA

View Full Version : ST Rescue Class for May 2008

norine62
04-22-2008, 15:05
Anyone else signed up? I'll be there - missed fair Georgia's course by a month, which I am of course saddened by... but I'll live.

John

mixahl
04-22-2008, 15:11
How much is the class with everything included? certificate, slate, equipment and all...

dallasdivergirl
04-22-2008, 15:12
Anyone else signed up? I'll be there - missed fair Georgia's course by a month, which I am of course saddened by... but I'll live.

John

you crack me up!

Tonight is the April classes 1st night in the pool!

Divingguy
04-22-2008, 16:49
Things won't get really interesting until Thursday, and next weekend!!!

awb
04-22-2008, 18:30
And he said things will get interesting, Hmmm makes me want to scratch my head. I wounder what he means. Maybe I'll need to come to the lake and help Mac on Sunday. I'll leave it at that.

Bigg_Budd
04-22-2008, 20:10
I'll be out there to assist with scenarios on Sunday 5/18. You're gonna love Jeff Walters. One of the best instructors I've had.

DevilDiver
04-22-2008, 20:45

John

I am signed up and will be there. I originally signed up with fair Georgia for April but had to bump it back a month.:smiley13:

Oh well... maybe the water will be a couple degrees higher...:smiley32:

PlatypusMan
04-23-2008, 17:30
And he said things will get interesting, Hmmm makes me want to scratch my head. I wounder what he means. Maybe I'll need to come to the lake and help Mac on Sunday. I'll leave it at that.

I'm in for Sunday, and will be bringing the Platygrill.

PPM

Divingguy
04-23-2008, 20:02
I think we are getting people confused by intermixing comments about the April and May classes. My fault. If Jeff is doing Rescue in May, he is indeed a great instructor. As DM's, DMC's and TA's for Scubatoys, we have the pleasure of working with several really good instructors like Mac, who will be doing Rescue for April, and like Alan, who may showup to help.

Illini_Fan
04-23-2008, 21:08
I find it funny that the April class has been named the "fair Georgia" class :)

texdiveguy
04-23-2008, 21:30
?--- is the ST dock at CSSP open for ST customers/forum members to use?

PlatypusMan
04-23-2008, 22:39
AFAIK, docks are open to anyone at CSSP; it's the pavilion that's reserved for ST folks.

PPM

texdiveguy
04-23-2008, 22:43
AFAIK, docks are open to anyone at CSSP; it's the pavilion that's reserved for ST folks.

PPM

No problem I kit from the back end of my station wagon as a general rule---much easier!

Bill
04-29-2008, 20:16
I will be doing the pool and lake with the May class. I had completed all classes and pool with the April group, then caught an awful head cold that I am still not over, so no diving last weekend. I can't wait to get it done !!

Bill

jbanks27
05-01-2008, 14:57
To all of you who didn't get to go to the April class.. Georgia is an awsome!!! diver. You should have seen her towing someone who was by far twice her size. Mac and Tom did a great job. It's amazing how team work comes out when your cold, wet, and at times a bit hungry.

Illini_Fan
05-02-2008, 13:17
To all of you who didn't get to go to the April class.. Georgia is an awesome!!! diver. You should have seen her towing someone who was by far twice her size. Mac and Tom did a great job. It's amazing how team work comes out when your cold, wet, and at times a bit hungry.

Now I'm not anti-Georgia in any fashion, but "twice her size"?!?

I was the person in tow for one of those adventures and I'll have you know I'm only 85.71% (or so) larger than Georgia :smilie39:

dallasdivergirl
05-02-2008, 13:20
I find it funny that the April class has been named the "fair Georgia" class :)

The "Blue Fin Society" or the "Class of Tom's" is more like it!:smiley36:

To all of you who didn't get to go to the April class.. Georgia is an awesome!!! diver. You should have seen her towing someone who was by far twice her size. Mac and Tom did a great job. It's amazing how team work comes out when your cold, wet, and at times a bit hungry.

I was the person in tow for one of those adventures and I'll have you know I'm only 85.71% (or so) larger than Georgia :smilie39:

It only "felt" like I was towing some one 10 times my size :smiley31:

Illini_Fan
05-02-2008, 13:31

RUDE -- funny, but RUDE :smiley32:

ps. that might be your first official RUDE in nearly a month or more

dallasdivergirl
05-02-2008, 14:13

RUDE -- funny, but RUDE :smiley32:

ps. that might be your first official RUDE in nearly a month or more

You must remember I am normally wearing a shorty diving with 3lbs of weight & no air in my bc.

Towing included me in 8 mm of neoprene, 12 lbs of weight & a fully inflated bc & you with a 5mm & core warmer, 16 lbs of weight & a fully inflated bc.

norine62
05-02-2008, 23:17
There's NO CRYING in baseball...

... wait ...

I mean,

There's NO CRYING in Rescue class!

Oh, fair Georgia - just be happy that he was wearing his OWN wetsuit, and not his son's. :)

Illini_Fan
05-03-2008, 09:56
Oh, fair Georgia - just be happy that he was wearing his OWN wetsuit, and not his son's. :)

As you may remember, that hyperstretch material returned to it's normal size and he never noticed that it has been abused by dear old dad :smiley2:

norine62
05-03-2008, 18:04
.. now, now.

No reason to let facts and results get in the way of a good story, is there?

:)

norine62
05-03-2008, 22:28
Now that I'm done hijacking my OWN thread...

Talked to Jeff yesterday and there are 5 people signed up for the Rescue class that starts meeting this coming Tuesday.

It should be nice - enough so that we can work as a group, but not too large to make it impersonal.

Liv7301
05-13-2008, 21:11
I am so looking forward to being at the lake this weekend, but on the "other side."

It will be magnificent.

Oh yes.

Illini_Fan
05-13-2008, 21:20
I am so looking forward to being at the lake this weekend, but on the "other side."

It will be magnificent.

Oh yes.

Does that mean no rescue class for you? Or are you referring to the fact that rescue is done on the other side of the lake from the ST pavilion?

Liv7301
05-24-2008, 09:41

It will be magnificent.

Oh yes.

Does that mean no rescue class for you? Or are you referring to the fact that rescue is done on the other side of the lake from the ST pavilion?

I took rescue back in October while John was too busy with school/work. So I was there helping out.

Bigg_Budd
06-01-2008, 08:45
Hey amigos. I've posted pics in my gallery: http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=285

DevilDiver
06-01-2008, 12:35
Hey amigos. I've posted pics in my gallery: http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=285

:smilie39: I had forgot all about this!!!

Thanks, the pics are great!

http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/dsc04120.jpg

Divingguy
06-01-2008, 20:08
She was trying to think up another scenario, but fell asleep in the process!!!!