PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle BX System

JediShack
04-22-2008, 21:29
So has anyone seen the new Zeagle BX System? It looks like a good idea to me but does anyone know if the Dive Alert Plus will work with it? If so then I'll definitely get it with my new Brigade.

fisheater
04-23-2008, 00:25
I have the Octo-Z, which uses the garden hose attachment.

I love it. Washing out my bladders is so easy.

ScottZeagle
04-23-2008, 08:09
So has anyone seen the new Zeagle BX System? It looks like a good idea to me but does anyone know if the Dive Alert Plus will work with it? If so then I'll definitely get it with my new Brigade.

The Dive Alert Plus will work fine with it...I have one on my BC.

brianhmd
04-25-2008, 17:54
I was wondering scuba toys has the new inflator and the price to switch it out on my brigade?

Zenagirl
04-25-2008, 21:36
Yeah, we're really interested in learning more about it and the cost of the retrofit.

ScottZeagle
04-28-2008, 07:28
The new BX Inflators are in stock and I'm sure ST either has them, or will soon...

The retail price on the BX Inflator is $51 (which is exactly the same as our old inflators - we didn't raise the price!) and the part # is 112-1001BX

Thanks,

Scott

ScubaToys Larry
04-30-2008, 09:51
Here's a link to it: Zeagle BX Inflator Valve Exchange, BCDS: Men, Zeagle, Zeagle BX Inflator Valve Exchange (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleBXInflator)

harb99
04-30-2008, 10:41
those look very nice and convenient - wish they were on my new brigade and wife's new Zena - may have to think about upgrading at a later date.

Penguino
04-30-2008, 14:11
That would be soo much more convenient!

Zenagirl
04-30-2008, 16:44
With Larry's price being so danged reasonable, I just HAD to buy one for my husband's Ranger LTD and my Zena. I just know it's going to be worth every penny when we return from Bonaire in a couple of months and want to rinse the wings really well. :D

Penguino
05-11-2008, 23:15
That would be soo much more convenient!

So after I wrote this, I realized that mine (Brigade) came with BX already attached! (Although my wife's, which was bought at the same time, didn't) It would be worth the money to put one on (I will be putting one on my wife's). Rinsing it was so unbelieveably easy, and it helped to drain it quicker and better as well.

brianhmd
05-22-2008, 18:18
I was just changing to the bx inflator on my brigade and was just wondering if you need to replace the zip tie after changing it out?

Zenagirl
05-22-2008, 19:19
You have to cut off the ziptie, so you kinda have to change it for a new one. ;)

ScottZeagle
05-23-2008, 09:02
You have to cut off the ziptie, so you kinda have to change it for a new one. ;)

But only the first time you install it!!!

Once you install the piece on your corrugated hose, it stays with the BC and the Octo-Z or BX Inflator screw on and off.

Zenagirl
05-23-2008, 16:28

But only the first time you install it!!!

Once you install the piece on your corrugated hose, it stays with the BC and the Octo-Z or BX Inflator screw on and off.

Thanks for the clarification Scott! Would have hated to think someone was cutting it off each and every time they wanted to remove the inflator. ;)

MetalHealth
06-05-2008, 00:50
Anyone else have this problem? I put my new BX inflator on yesterday and it works great. Today, after a pool session, I wanted to try hooking it up to the garden hose but my hose won't go on. It seems like my hose gets narrow (insert joke here) and won't allow the inner red tube of the inflator in far enough for the threads to reach the hose. Does that make sense?

ScottZeagle
06-05-2008, 07:33
First I have heard of that....

However, I have found that not all garden hoses are made the same. Some have a little different threads that prevent them from being used, from what I understand.

That being said, the ones we tried from Home Depot, Lowes, and Wal Mart all seemed to screw on ok...

dirtydon
06-13-2008, 15:32
are the id of the zeagle bc hoses the same bought a used ranger in great shape 1994 date want to add octoz with quick connect,any problems?thanks dirtydon

DevilDiver
06-13-2008, 15:46
I have had mine for almost a month now and it works great!! A good simple idea that makes things easier... Hey Scott can you guys do anything about the gas prices now?

ScottZeagle
06-16-2008, 09:39
are the id of the zeagle bc hoses the same bought a used ranger in great shape 1994 date want to add octoz with quick connect,any problems?thanks dirtydon

You should be able to add the Octo-Z to your old Ranger with no problem.

crpntr133
06-17-2008, 19:37
Anyone else have this problem? I put my new BX inflator on yesterday and it works great. Today, after a pool session, I wanted to try hooking it up to the garden hose but my hose won't go on. It seems like my hose gets narrow (insert joke here) and won't allow the inner red tube of the inflator in far enough for the threads to reach the hose. Does that make sense?

Must be the difference between Japanese threads and the US threads. If you don't know what I mean don't ask..Scott does.:smiley31:Sorry Scott but I really had to! Off to dive my Zeagle regs that were proudly made in the US of A.

MConnelly2
06-20-2008, 04:18
Just ordered one a couple of weeks ago, and isntalled it the other day. Hopefully I'll be diving it this morning, but I found another cool little trick with them - with the LP hose connected and the corrugated hose disconnected, I can easily top up the displacement bags in the kayak with the power inflator. Works kinda nice that way...

reactive
06-20-2008, 07:45
Just ordered my new Brigade, and it came with one installed! also, along with the rear weight pockets! The BX looks and feels very nice. I initially thought "a point of failure" but it actually seems really solid. It also allows the power inflater to swivel 360 degrees.

Catt99
07-22-2008, 23:28
Just ordered my new Brigade, and it came with one installed! also, along with the rear weight pockets! The BX looks and feels very nice. I initially thought "a point of failure" but it actually seems really solid. It also allows the power inflater to swivel 360 degrees.

Does the Brigade now come with the BX installed as part of the base price?

Rear weight pockets too? (or maybe reactive got lucky)?

crgjpg
07-23-2008, 04:43
I order my Brigade in June from Scuba Toys and it came with the BX.

harb99
07-23-2008, 09:00

I wish mine had - I ordered mine back in march/april along with my wife's zena - neither came with the BX :( guess I will have to buck up and buy a pair for them.

Staggs
07-24-2008, 10:42
I got my Briade last week, and it had it, If I would have paid more attention I would have gotten the Octo-Z as well.

tbg0519
04-26-2009, 16:54

I wish mine had - I ordered mine back in march/april along with my wife's zena - neither came with the BX :( guess I will have to buck up and buy a pair for them.
I'm in the same boat. Bought my brigade last year with my 'stimulus check', so I just missed the changeover myself. Finally going to get around to upgrading mine too. Just got back from the Keys and cleaning out my BC is a pain in the butt without it. Can't wait to order and upgrade.