PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from South Florida

No Misses
08-03-2007, 11:46
As you may have guessed from my avatar, I am an avid spear fisherman. I will try to keep my posts here mellow, and not show any bloody fish pictures. I started hunting long before I got Scuba certified. This included shallow free diving for lobster and using a pole spear or Hawaiian sling for fishing. If you’re interests run along the same lines you can find posts under the same screen name on other sites like Spearboard.com and Spearfishingplanet.com. For what it is worth, I have recently completed my 300’th dive. Not bad for somebody who has only been certified for 4 yrs. I guess living in South Florida does make it easy to get in the water. Though I am not a kool-aid drinking DIR diver, I do have my rig set up in the DIR style (bp/w, 5’ primary, short secondary on a bungee around my neck, etc.). I try to get out on the water every weekend. The only exception is when the East winds kick up and the seas turn ugly.

P.S. I am a bit of a smart A$$. So, please keep that in mind when reading my replies to posts. There might be a smidgen of sarcasm involved. This doesn’t always come across as planned in the written word. No offense intended ;-)

Equipment currently in use:
DiveRite SS bp/w
AL80’s
AL19 Pony bottle w/Quickdraw bracket
Mares Abyss MR22 (old style)
Mares Proton Metal V16
Zeagle Envoy
Riffe Euro 110
Spearfishing Specialties Rhino 48
25 Contender, Open Fisherman w/twin 200 Yamaha

Happy Diving and I hope to see you on the water soon :-)

DUnder
08-03-2007, 12:05
Hello and welcome to the board

Splitlip
08-04-2007, 07:53
Welcome from another SoFla guy

94GTStang
08-04-2007, 08:06
Hello and welcome! I've always wanted to try spearfishing...

Centerius
08-04-2007, 10:38
Welcome to the board! I'm with you on only taking certain elements of DIR. :)

creggur
08-04-2007, 13:36
Welcome from a North Floridian!! You'll find a lot of nice folks here and a friendly atmosphere!! Larry takes care of the smartasses :smiley36:.

The only think DIR about my setup is that mine and my wifes are basically identical...Made sense because we will be diving together a lot...

the gooch
08-04-2007, 14:51
Welcome from a fellow South Floridian (I am in Miami). Feel like mentoring an aspiring spearo?

kevinj1
08-04-2007, 15:11
Welcome smart a$$--this is coming from another S. Floridian. Keep the pictures coming and happy hunting...

p.s. I have a smidgen of smart a$$ in me too...ha ha

Black-Gorrilla
08-04-2007, 18:03
welcome. i too am from miami...
we should set up a nice shore dive/ meeting one weekend when a lot of people are available.

Coaster
08-04-2007, 18:55
Hello from north Texas and welcome to the board.

Bill22
08-04-2007, 20:03
Hi and welcome to the board :-) I lived in Orlando for a long time before coming back on active duty the end of 2001 and the vast majority of my diving has been in Florida... Everything from the Key's in the south to springs and caverns in the north. I guess that was the beauty of living right in the middle :-)

Foo2
08-06-2007, 11:08
Welcome No Misses! Congrats on your 300'th dive! A smart a$$ huh? I guess you're in good company then. ;)