PDA

View Full Version : Plus size diver gals

jimmysdevoted
04-24-2008, 21:28
Ok so I ahve been raeding teh forums and we rule.....
yes we plus size, talls and otherwise fuller women seem to be not forgotten but pushed aside. And we have some issue, gripes and comments........ and suggestions.......

so here is a thread for us...... and teh emn who love our plus size........

I am Julie...... plus size...... i wear a bare and prefer snorkeling and skin diving over SCUBA.............I hate suits that constrict my bust and wish I could find a decent tummy lifting swim suit so i look better in a a wet suit.......

plusstyle
04-25-2008, 05:40
Depending on how much you want to spend - I found some great choices on plus size swimsuits at AlwaysForMe.com. Their sport collection has two tank style swimsuits with tummy control and bust support without an underwire. If you are looking for something with more detailing and underwire support - check out the Miraclesuit Touche. I find it fits really snug so you might want to order up a size in this one.

jimmysdevoted
04-27-2008, 14:16
so those suits are beautiful and really expensive.........
Those are ones that if I were going to someplace other than my local lake I woudl buy or convince jimmy to buy for me. hehehehe.. but theer sa lot you can do with that kind of money..
so I was thinking about getting apair of mid thigh lycra bike shorts, exercise shorts and a sleeveless shelf bra exercise top for plus size......
I am already using a walmarts own oen of thsoe and they dont creep up and provide a nice extra layer under my suit.
I am using a 1 dollar pair of swim suit bottoms that I got from walmart on season closeout that works just great.. no tummy control though but its comfortable........
I do have a nice heavy weight high waist panty girdle that would work the same as that expensive swim suit......
being broke becomes the mother of cheapo inventions...
j

Kokomo
04-27-2008, 14:50
There is a nice selection of swim suits in the Eddie Bauer catalog and on the net. They are a little pricey but they look nice and last a very long time. The one I bought is 4 years old and going strong.

gthomas
05-19-2008, 11:48
We all hate the whole swimsuit/wetsuit look. I almost didn't dive over it. Now I just keep telling myself very few people look good in the water. I'm a grandmother now so its time to move on. They're worst things in life then me not looking good.

ChrisA
05-19-2008, 17:56
Here's the ticket. "Buy a drysuit."

When you are inside one of those no one would know you are a "plus" size. Then when you take the suit off post dive you've got this big fuzzy one piece jump suit. You can have normal t-shirt and shorts under, they never get wet so the entire swimsuit thing just goes away. No need to even own a swim suit if you dive dry.

Without using names some of the principles at DUI are woman and one of them while not tall is a plus size, enough that you'd think she'd need a custom drysuit. But she tells everyone "If I can fit into a stock size DUi suit, so can you. You don't need custom."

KimkiD
07-31-2008, 11:48
I too am pleased that we have this thread. I'm Kim. I'm fluffy. Not necessarily proud of it, but I have come to terms with it...born fluffy, live fluffy...probably die fluffy...if I allow the world to tell me that I'm not good enough...I might as well give up. So I am what I am...FLUFFY.

I hate buying wetsuits. I love to dive. I would do it every weekend if I had the money and time. I too almost didn't dive because of misconceptions, that no one would be able to fit me. And they found a nice off the rack Men's suit to work for me. So I got certified and then poured my voluptuous body into a Henderson Hyperstretch that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I recently was told that I had to go Dry because there was no other option for me to stay warm. I've come to terms with it. Now I just have to save my money to make that big purchase a reality.

Thanks for starting this thread. There are definitely problems that pertain to us that no one else understands.

TRACI
07-31-2008, 12:11
I think there is way too much incredible stuff to be looking at while diving, so sacrificing wearing a wetsuit is well worth it :)

Monkeylemon
07-31-2008, 13:28
And on your deathbed, are you really going to be like, "Boy, I'm sure glad I didn't put on a wetsuit to see incredibly strange and beautiful sights"?

Kate040586
08-02-2008, 17:32
Someone, sometime will make a bloody fortune when they realize that plus size (Larger than 16) is profitable.

PhD4JC
08-12-2008, 18:58
Viva Voluptuous Divas!