PDA

View Full Version : Question about some ST policy....

ratown
04-25-2008, 15:18
Okay, let me get this straight... So if I got 250 posts, I get $65 to Scuba toys. That is pretty cool. But what about the price guarantee thing? Can I seriously call them up, tell them that (say leisure pro) has something marked down 60%, and they will honor that plus the gift card? Lol, how can you make money doing that! If they do this, awesome.

terrillja
04-25-2008, 15:24
Okay, let me get this straight... So if I got 250 posts, I get $65 to Scuba toys. That is pretty cool. But what about the price guarantee thing? Can I seriously call them up, tell them that (say leisure pro) has something marked down 60%, and they will honor that plus the gift card? Lol, how can you make money doing that! If they do this, awesome.
Yes, I gave them a whole list of items from LP, they sold them to me at the LP prices but with an actual warranty. They can affod to do this because it builds repeat business. My DB and I have bought a digi camera setup, a bpw, lights, fins, tons of stuff from ST. They have more than made up their money on the gift cert. And I'll keep coming back because of the CS.

FWIW, it's $60 ($10+$50)

Foo2
04-25-2008, 15:25
10 posts = $10
250 posts = $50
Total of $60
+
10% off for being a forum member

Let's pretend your purchase is $100
$100 - $10 - $60 = $30

And yes, if you can find a price cheaper than ST...give them a call. They usually will either match it or beat it. It's crazy to order from anyone else. Happy shopping!

ratown
04-25-2008, 17:47
Yes, I gave them a whole list of items from LP, they sold them to me at the LP prices but with an actual warranty. They can affod to do this because it builds repeat business. My DB and I have bought a digi camera setup, a bpw, lights, fins, tons of stuff from ST. They have more than made up their money on the gift cert. And I'll keep coming back because of the CS.

FWIW, it's $60 ($10+$50)

Ya, that sure will keep me coming back. Thanks for the info guys.

mixahl
04-25-2008, 18:28

FWIW, it's $60 ($10+$50)

thanks for the tip!

Scotttyd
05-14-2008, 19:14
Did Joe and Larry go to business school? Maybe they should retake accounting, but what the heck the repeat business must be excellent

longtailbda
06-07-2008, 20:09
Yes they will match competitors prices. So far they've provided great service and fast shipping. I e-mailed them a question about a custom package and pricing and within an hour I had my answer. That kind of service will keep me coming back.

Vercingetorix
06-09-2008, 19:54
When I bought my Veo 250 computer console from ST, I didn't have an advert to price match with. So, the sales gent provided me with one that a previous customer used.

Delivery was quickest I've had from any on-line scuba shop; he just handed it across the coutner to me. (yeah, I live 15 minutes from ST).