PDA

View Full Version : knocked off

ertechsg
08-03-2007, 22:01
Is it just my computer? But on occation when I go to post or edit I get knocked off the board and have to resign in?

Illini_Fan
08-03-2007, 22:06
Haven't had that problem - it would be rude of me to say "user error", but...... Occam's Razor ;)

I'll see ya Monday night at class :smiley20:

ertechsg
08-03-2007, 22:13
Yea Thanks Tom:smiley2: But its weird go to hit save button on an edit and makes me log back in tell me I don't have permission. Guess I'll have to pay more attention. Lookin forward to diving next weekend learning somthing new

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 22:15
Haven't heard of any glitches on my side! Are you in internet exploder or firefox?

Illini_Fan
08-03-2007, 22:16
In all seriousness, I've encountered problems on other bullentin boards where my update never seems to process and I have to close the tab and re-enter the site, but I haven't encountered that problem on this site.

I don't track it, but it seems to happen on my desktop, which is running Firefox and not my laptop which is IE -- so I don't know if that will help with your troublshooting.

Coaster
08-03-2007, 22:25
Haven't heard of any glitches on my side! Are you in internet exploder or firefox?

Is it normal to be logged off when Internet Explorer is closed?

Cichlid
08-03-2007, 22:29
It happens to me sometimes too. I have netscape and I think it just times out. It didn't happen on the old forum though.

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 22:29
IE has a lot of logging and password issues. I have a hard time logging onto the board from one of my computers using IE. I could upgrade my IE, but I jsut went with firefox instead which is much better! Quick download - imports all your bookmarks, passwords, etc and looks about the same but without the freezes and glitches... at least for me.

ertechsg
08-03-2007, 22:30
Firefox? Damn i thought there was a lot to know when I received my OW DO THIS DON'T DO THAT REMEMBER THIS Now I have to know what FIREFOX is.

Coaster
08-03-2007, 22:34
IE has a lot of logging and password issues. I have a hard time logging onto the board from one of my computers using IE. I could upgrade my IE, but I jsut went with firefox instead which is much better! Quick download - imports all your bookmarks, passwords, etc and looks about the same but without the freezes and glitches... at least for me.

Thanks for the info.

TxHockeyGuy
08-04-2007, 00:00
OK, I'm going to let everyone in on a little secret here. The more MS (Microsoft) software you use the less likely it is that something will work properly. For example if you are using Windows XP and Internet Explorer your odds are very low thing will work properly. If you use Windows XP and Firefox you greatly improve your odds. If however you use Linux and Firefox like I do at home (at work it's XP, gag me) then everything just seems to work great like nearly 100% of the time. You really should try it! :smiley2:

Of course I realize most do not run, nor can they run linux. But that is literally the only OS I have at home and I have learned to love it. Of course I learned to love it back in 2000.

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 00:03
Firefox? Damn i thought there was a lot to know when I received my OW DO THIS DON'T DO THAT REMEMBER THIS Now I have to know what FIREFOX is.

Different Browser: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Try it... fast and free.

TommyB
08-04-2007, 00:15
Is it just my computer? But on occation when I go to post or edit I get knocked off the board and have to resign in?

this is a cookie issue.
Make sure you have accept cookies from forum.scubatoys.com and scubatoys.com.
If you don't accept the cookies, then due to session handling, it will log you off, do funky stuff, etc..
Not an issue with the forums, but --hmmm user end :)

Or put another way, use a real browser-- firefox lololol

lucidblue
08-06-2007, 20:53
I'm having the same problem. I'm using FireFox and XP. I've accepted the cookies.

Another issue is I get logged out if I stop clicking on this site for even 15 minutes. Would be great if that time could be increased.

cummings66
08-10-2007, 23:48
I'm using IE on Vista and never get logged out, but firefox doesn't seem to work quite right, I can't post with it, and not just on this board either.

Texas Girl
08-19-2007, 08:44
Every time that I have replied to a post recently I have had the browser crash and quit. The post does appear, however. I am using a Mac and safari, and accept cookies.

And yes, it happened with this post as well. However, it was edited with Firefox which worked fine.

TxScubaBear
08-19-2007, 08:55
I use Vista, Firefox AND check the remember me box- it seems to keep me logged in until I exit, if I don't check that box, it times out after about 10 minutes and you have to log back in.

ScubaToys Larry
08-19-2007, 18:37
Every time that I have replied to a post recently I have had the browser crash and quit. The post does appear, however. I am using a Mac and safari, and accept cookies.

And yes, it happened with this post as well. However, it was edited with Firefox which worked fine.

I don't know about safari... Is it the newest version?? Any patches or updates available?

I know some other people told me they were using safari without a problem... So I'm not sure?!

But I'll try letting the people at VB know and see if they know anything.

Sorry about that!

Have you tried firefox? http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ they say that it works on windows, mac or linux:

Products

All of our products are available free-of-charge for Windows, Mac and Linux computers in more than 35 languages. The award-winning Mozilla Firefox (http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/) Web browser is enjoyed by tens of millions of people worldwide, and has re-ignited innovation and competition on the Web. And our Mozilla Thunderbird (http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/) email client has set the standard for cross-platform communications, with advanced junk mail filtering and mail capabilities.

Texas Girl
08-20-2007, 07:52
I don't know about safari... Is it the newest version?? Any patches or updates available?

I know some other people told me they were using safari without a problem... So I'm not sure?!

But I'll try letting the people at VB know and see if they know anything.

Sorry about that!

Have you tried firefox? http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ they say that it works on windows, mac or linux

I am using an older version of Safari, I can't upgrade it because of my OS. As I said, I have no problem using Firefox, it is just that I had the forum bookmarked on safari.

Thanks for the help.

cgvmer
08-20-2007, 08:17
No problems from Firefox hear!