PDA

View Full Version : Thorfinn back at Truk

gbrdiver
04-27-2008, 05:13
For those who didn't know, the Thorfinn liveaboard based at Truk has been out of action since last June after coming aground on an (apparently) uncharted reef whilst on its annual Micronesian safari. Anyway, after heaps of problems, Thorfinn arrived back at Truk a few days ago.

Whilst everyone has an opinion on Captain Lance (and Lance has an opinion on everything himself!), the dive operation off this boat is sensational. Last year I had to dive from one of the shore based operators and was so disappointed (everyone else was happy - but they had not experienced the Thorfinn and its guides).

gbrdiver
06-23-2008, 07:21
Well, I'm just back from a week on Thorfinn. I had a fantastic week in Palau to warm up, then an even better week to finish off in Truk. This was my fourth visit and sadly I am noticing some of the more popular wrecks disintegrating before my eyes. This is not surprising considering the number of divers doing Truk these days. All of the operators are busy and there is even a new hotel on Weno.

azdiver
08-06-2008, 20:23
Am glad to hear that Lance is back in rare form!! :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: