PDA

View Full Version : wet suit weight loss.........

jimmysdevoted
04-27-2008, 15:11
For thos eo fus who are " large" has anyone ever considered that their wet suit is the same stuff that those neoprene weightloss shorts and tops are made out of..
Last week we went to the lake twice and so far so good.. I can fit into a pair of jeans that were, well less than flattering........
Hopefully I will have my 30 pounds weght loss this year and drop below 200.......
does anyone else have a weightloss goal?

obrules15
04-27-2008, 15:16
I have already lost 27 lbs and have 43 to go. Two dives a day for 7 days was good for 6 #. Gotta love diving.

reactive
04-27-2008, 15:24
Look for posts by foo.

she is doing a couch to 5k weight loss program that seems to be working realy well for her.

DollFin
04-27-2008, 16:13
http://forum.scubatoys.com/fitness/11650-st-weightloss.html is the weight loss thread.

And actually, wearing neoprine shorts or suits to loose weight is a bad idea. All you loose is water, you're not actually burning fat, all you're doing is dehydrating yourself.

scubadubado
08-07-2008, 18:48
I've just started a major cardio program, to try to get into better shape for our upcoming dive trip. We are going to Cozumel as a "last minute vacation" and I'm despirately trying to get into better shape. Any advise?

Splitlip
08-07-2008, 18:53
http://forum.scubatoys.com/fitness/11650-st-weightloss.html is the weight loss thread.

And actually, wearing neoprine shorts or suits to loose weight is a bad idea. All you loose is water, you're not actually burning fat, all you're doing is dehydrating yourself.
Yup. As any wrestler will tell ya.

sravin1
08-08-2008, 16:45
I've just started a major cardio program, to try to get into better shape for our upcoming dive trip. We are going to Cozumel as a "last minute vacation" and I'm despirately trying to get into better shape. Any advise?

try to run at 60 to 80% your max heart rate 3 to 4 times a week alternating with weight training.

how long do you have for your trip?

Jenn
08-08-2008, 18:18
I had never thought about wieght loss and the neoprene. My goal is to lose about 25 pounds. I am doing cardio 4 days a week and on alternating days I do some weight training. Seems to be cutting the body fat. Also drinking water increases your metabolism by 3%

PhD4JC
08-12-2008, 18:44
I've lost 65lbs in the past 2 years (though I'm currently up about 12lbs) due to lifestyle changes
Looking forward to loosing 35lbs more before I celebrate, regroup and then think what I want to do next.
However, my immediate goal has been more health, than weight (and interestingly read an article this morning that talked about being overweight but otherwise healthy and healthy weight, but unhealthy due to hypertension, high cholesterol, poor HDL/LDL levels etc)...