PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wisconsin!

Wisconsin Diver
08-04-2007, 10:00
Hi,
I think this sight is great!:smiley20:
It's nice to be able to talk to other divers from all over the world.

I've read some of the posts from other divers around the Great Lakes.
I have done shore dives in three of them: Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron. Many wrecks are accessible from shore, although they are often rather broken up. I have also done some wreck dives (from a boat) in Lake Michigan. I definitely recommend a dry suit! BRRRRRR!

I have been to Cozumel, Mexico twice - much warmer!!!!

I actually like salt water diving better too - more fish, brighter colors...
but, the Great Lakes make for some nice dives too.

I could go on, but this is enough for now!

Centerius
08-04-2007, 10:24
Welcome to the board!

creggur
08-04-2007, 14:30
Welcome to the boards, this is great place.. Lot's of friendly helpful advice, and a great atmosphere..

Coaster
08-04-2007, 19:06
Hello and welcome! I have a lds in Green Bay when I dive up north. Plan to dive Milwaukee soon ....can you use a 7mm there?

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 19:10
I'm actually originally from Milwaukee, well just outside - Muskego. But never dove up there - didn't start diving until I left.

And went to UW Madison.

Still get up to visit the folks in Milwaukee now and then, and if you ever get in trouble in Milwaukee county - give me a shout... My brother is a DA up there!

Bill22
08-04-2007, 19:58
I actually like salt water diving better too - more fish, brighter colors...

Hi welcome to the board... I had a friend from Michigan. He hadn't done much diving but was certified in Lake Michigan. He was in Florida for a year going to school... finally got him to go diving with me two weeks before he left. We went to Key Largo and dived Pennekamp. A week later we went to Blue Springs..... he talked about it the whole week he had left before going and how sorry he was that he hadn't taken me up sooner. I'm sure he could relate with you about diving in "warmer water". He also talked a lot about the fish life compared to diving the Lakes :-)

Wisconsin Diver
08-05-2007, 12:31
Coaster,
Sure, you could use a 7mm. I 've used a 7mm semi-dry in the Great Lakes already and didn't get too cold.

DirtyWaterIL
08-05-2007, 12:47
I'm actually originally from Milwaukee, well just outside - Muskego. But never dove up there - didn't start diving until I left.

And went to UW Madison.

Still get up to visit the folks in Milwaukee now and then, and if you ever get in trouble in Milwaukee county - give me a shout... My brother is a DA up there!

I had some "umpleasentness' happen up there a few years ago, can you give your brother a call and ask him to shred some old files for me?

ScubaToys Larry
08-05-2007, 12:52

And went to UW Madison.

I had some "umpleasentness' happen up there a few years ago, can you give your brother a call and ask him to shred some old files for me?

Depends... How big was your last order from us? :smiley2:

94GTStang
08-05-2007, 13:12
Hi and welcome to the boards!

tx.lakerat
08-05-2007, 17:36
Welcome!!

Foo2
08-06-2007, 10:51
Hi and welcome to ST!