PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Cozumel and Resort

divingmedic
04-28-2008, 11:45
OK I know this place is not a 5 star Resort, but I know someone has bound to have stayed there before. So if someone could give me the good, the bad and the ugly on this place. It seems OK, close to town,so if the food is not that good we can at least go into town.

unclepooty
04-28-2008, 12:36
The food was very mediocre, pool could use a good cleaning, and there was alot of local traffic on the weekend. But for the money, we're considering using them again. Rooms were very clean, and easy access to the pier, and water. Dive Paradise on site, but we had dives scheduled in advance so we didn't use them. I have heard good things about them though. Our stay was 7/07.

DiveSooner
04-28-2008, 12:43
Been there several times, one of the best located for divers. Just out of the square, but not far. And not to far South of town.

Usually, one of the best package dealsm if your tight on money. I usually, dont eat there, nor a meal plan, to many better places to eat close by.

I dive with Papa Hogs and they will pick you up at the pier just across the street from the hotel.

Good luck and have fun.

divingmedic
04-28-2008, 18:00
Thanks, was thinking of mostly just eating breakfast and lunch there and then going to town to eat at night. I am only diving a 3-4 out of the 10 days staying. I want to pickle my liver the rest of time :D Also going AI I wont go broke with my daughter getting virgin daquari's and Shirley Temples. It is still cheap enough with the AI plan than most of the other AI resorts. Probably gonna dive with Blue Xtsea. I will 100 dives there and really want to make my 100th dive Devils Throat.

Athena2c
04-28-2008, 18:03
We were there in April 05 and very happy! We ate all but 2 dinners there and it was fine-not gourmet cuisine, but you aren't going to get that for the $$. It was great to eat breakfast there before dives and walk right up to the lunch buffet after dives!
We dove with Dive Paradise too and were quite happy with them. They have a lot of divers, but run a good operation and had good DMs.

DiveSooner
04-28-2008, 20:29
Thanks, was thinking of mostly just eating breakfast and lunch there and then going to town to eat at night. I am only diving a 3-4 out of the 10 days staying. I want to pickle my liver the rest of time :D Also going AI I wont go broke with my daughter getting virgin daquari's and Shirley Temples. It is still cheap enough with the AI plan than most of the other AI resorts. Probably gonna dive with Blue Xtsea. I will 100 dives there and really want to make my 100th dive Devils Throat.

Just make sure that your Devils Throat dive is not on your last dive day, since it is a deep dive. 130'ish.

Also, can have strong currants, so watch your air...

I know people that have done a 200' touch and go dive at this wall.

skippy11
04-29-2008, 00:17
We were there last August 07. We had a blast! It was cheap, close to town (taxi rides were cheap or it was w/in walking distance). I thought the dinners were lacking, but the breakfast and lunch were great. We only at dinner there one time....we went out the rest of the time. We actually used Dive paradise while we were there. They were alot of fun.

The pool was a little less than clean, but we didn't spend too much time in it anyways.

We had a great trip and would go back, especially for the price. I hope you have a lovely vacation.

leesanhua
04-29-2008, 01:02
i never been there. how do you guys book the hotel and dives.
are they any web site that i can get as a package? or i have to book hotel and dive separately.

ReefHound
04-29-2008, 08:36
You can book the hotel through any travel agent or website. For diving/hotel packages go to the Dive Paradise (http://www.diveparadise.com/) website and book directly through them or use one of the travel agents they list on the Reservations page.

I stayed there August 2006 and had a great time. Food was ok by me and you can have the chef grill up some fajitas or burgers fresh. It's worth the AI even if you eat out for dinner, just in all the drinks and snacks throughout the day that add up. Especially if you have kids.

Athena2c
04-29-2008, 12:41
i never been there. how do you guys book the hotel and dives.
are they any web site that i can get as a package? or i have to book hotel and dive separately.

We booked a package through Caradonna and our friends used Bay Adventures-both are dive travel websites-we have used both and been happy with them.

divingmedic
04-29-2008, 18:37

Just make sure that your Devils Throat dive is not on your last dive day, since it is a deep dive. 130'ish.

Also, can have strong currants, so watch your air...

I know people that have done a 200' touch and go dive at this wall.
I plan on making my dives the first 3-4 days there and have 4 days off of diving before returning.

chace_nicole
04-30-2008, 15:10
I stayed there several years ago & echo most all comments about the place. Nice & clean, food so so but you are so close to town, its easy to eat elsewhere. All-inclusive option is so cheap there, it is worth it even if not having every meal at the hotel. Beach area is across the street, tunnel under the road from the hotel to the beach/rest/dive pier area. I was not a diver back then, but saw many divers & to the best of my memory, they had lockers and rinse tanks right off the pier. Have a great trip :)

georoc01
05-08-2008, 17:24
I stayed there in March. Liked being close to town. Room was clean. Large pool. Decent food. Dove with Dive Paradise across the street.

My only complaint was the music/shows that went till 10pm at night. Can be quite noisy if you have an inside room.

divingmedic
05-14-2008, 14:46
Well after all of that, the wife decided she did not like the place and we went with Park Royal Resort. But thanks everyone for the info and input. I can not wait to get down there, dive, then spend a few days pickling my liver. I will write a trip report as soon as I get back.

mwhities
05-14-2008, 14:59
My family and I are going there (Hotel Cozumel) in October. I'll give you a report when I get back. :)

Michael

mobeeno
05-14-2008, 22:21
We were there last August 07. We had a blast! It was cheap, close to town (taxi rides were cheap or it was w/in walking distance). I thought the dinners were lacking, but the breakfast and lunch were great. We only at dinner there one time....we went out the rest of the time. We actually used Dive paradise while we were there. They were alot of fun.

The pool was a little less than clean, but we didn't spend too much time in it anyways.

We had a great trip and would go back, especially for the price. I hope you have a lovely vacation.
If taxi rides are cheap is it safe to assume that a car rental is not needed? (For diving and looking for food and going to and from the airport)

dannybot
05-18-2008, 11:41
I agree with all of the above. The real exception is the fruit, the absolute best fruit I have ever eaten, so fresh, the bananas taste like banana pudding and the mandarin oranges like candy! I would go back just for the fruit. The rest of the food is mediocre, but pretty much tha same as the other AI diving resorts I have stayed at.