PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater lakes in alabama

aprilgoddess1987
04-28-2008, 14:53
I remember when I was a kid i would go to some summer camps in Alabama I don't remember where at exactly some where in northern Alabama but the lakes we swam in were crystal clear any idea of what I am talking about?

mike_s
04-28-2008, 15:49
I remember when I was a kid i would go to some summer camps in Alabama I don't remember where at exactly some where in northern Alabama but the lakes we swam in were crystal clear any idea of what I am talking about?

summer camps in northern alabama with clear? that sounds interesting.

Camp Jackson was located on the Tenn River and its no where near clear. Camp Westmoreland on Shoals Creeek (off Tenn River) isn't clear either.

Camp Sumatonga (sp?) (Methodist Church camp) has a lake, but I can't remember how clear it was.

Camp Comer near Ft Payne has a lake. I remember it being cold but can't remember how clear it was.

Camp Winnetaska has a lake (or pond) with a nice waterfall. It's outside Bham on the east side near pell city.

Camp Trico was the girl scout camp near Guntersville and on Tenn River.

In Mentone there are two other camps. Skyline and some girls camp and a seperate boys only camp.

There was a YMCA camp on Guntersville Lake (Tenn River also). Also another YMCA camp outside b'ham.

outside Anniston is another scout camp near Cheha state park. The name escapes me but starts with a S i think.

There was camp drake, which was closed in the 60's or 70's as it was a 'segregation camp'. I can't remember exactly where it was ,but since it was a dark smear on history, I don't know if there is much info on it.

Any of those? I'm sure there are more....

Js15084
08-22-2008, 03:41
I am very interested fishing in Clearwater Lake. This Lake looks very beautiful. Clearwater Lake is in Baldwin County in the state of Alabama. It is also famous for fishing.
================================================
Js15084

Alabama Drug Addiction (http://www.drugaddiction.net/alabama)