PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Crete, Greece

james.earnhardt
08-04-2007, 11:49
My name is Paul Earnhardt and I am currently located overseas with the DOD in Crete, Greece. I will have to say that this is some of the best diving adventures that I have ever encountered. Well actually considering I came from Beaufort SC and dove in brown water all the time and my other dive was in the Bahamas. But anyways Crete offers clear blue waters with a lot of history to include sunken German war planes and even underwater houses. That's right houses that were on the mainland but an earthquake separted the land and the houses sank, pretty cool stuff. If you ever want to come and dive here or for more informantion check out Blue Adventures Diving, www.blueadventuresdiving.gr (http://www.blueadventuresdiving.gr), five star PADI instructor development center. If you can't make it to Greece check out the site anyways, pretty cool stuff.

TxScubaBear
08-04-2007, 11:54
Howdy and welcome to the board!

Centerius
08-04-2007, 12:06
Welcome to the board! That'd be cool (and pretty weird at the same time) to dive sunken houses.

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 13:18
Sounds great! If you have any photo's of the diving there, post them up in the photo gallery so we can check them out!

Welcome to the board!

creggur
08-04-2007, 13:28
Welcome aboard, you'll find a great bunch of folks here, and the site is run by a top-notch organization!!

Bill22
08-04-2007, 20:16
Hey that is cool... welcome to the board. I assume your in Souda Bay? I spent a total of several weeks in Crete between 2004 and 2006. That was where we switched out at. Another team would pick up ships transiting the Med and we would either fly back to the middle east or pick up another ship headed in that direction. We were usually there for a few days to a week, although I spent almost the entire month of May there last year. I really liked Crete. That's another place I might consider going to next when I'm finished in Japan.

Foo2
08-06-2007, 11:03
Welcome to the board Paul! Sounds like some cool diving over there!