PDA

View Full Version : thread subscribing

spatman
04-29-2008, 14:08
is there a way to subscribe to a thread without having to post to it? am i missing something?

also, is there a way to set it to default to a subscription when you post, instead of having to remember to choose that each time?

thanks!

ratown
04-29-2008, 14:10

CompuDude
04-29-2008, 14:35
And as to subscription defaults, see Edit Options in your control panel.

mike_s
04-29-2008, 15:16
This shot is from Scubaboard, but the principal is the same.

Look for the "subscribe to this thread" link in the pull down menu.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/mikes2006/misc_images/scubaboard/ignore_thread.jpg

spatman
05-02-2008, 14:15
ah, got it. thanks for the help!

elijahb
05-02-2008, 22:40
I wish I found this post sooner lots of help thanks!!

harb99
05-03-2008, 16:34
is there a way to subscribe to a thread without having to post to it? am i missing something?

also, is there a way to set it to default to a subscription when you post, instead of having to remember to choose that each time?

thanks!

on other sites, people just post "tag" and that will subscribe you to the thread since you posted on it

mike_s
05-03-2008, 20:21

thanks!

on other sites, people just post "tag" and that will subscribe you to the thread since you posted on it

That's not always true. Depending on what your 'forum options' are set to.

You can goto http://forum.scubatoys.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

and goto the Default Thread Subscription and set the mode your subscriptions are handled. YOu can fix it to 'no subscription, no email, or certain emai subscription methods.... etc...

I'd guess that most folks don't want email notification or don't want to scubscribe to every thread..

see below for exmaple/ choices.

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads (http://forum.scubatoys.com/subscription.php), with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread. Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode:

CompuDude
05-05-2008, 14:57

thanks!

Much better to just use thread tools and add a subscription than clutter up threads with irrelevant posts, IMO.

harb99
05-05-2008, 15:15

thanks!

Much better to just use thread tools and add a subscription than clutter up threads with irrelevant posts, IMO.

yeah - I agree, but was just throwing that out there since I have seen it done that way