PDA

View Full Version : On A Budget? Helpful Tool To Help (Cut) The Price.

james.earnhardt
08-04-2007, 12:07
As many of you know dive knifes can be cool to have from the massive Rambo style to the small compact version. The downfall of this is that sometimes the price can add up, some knives with a price tag of around $80.00 and up. If you are on a budget and don't need an expensive knife buy EMT shears, scissors. Here is a helpful item that you can carry and it will cut through about anything out there like fishing net, fishing string and wet suits. Cut the wetsuit only in emergencies though because we all know how expensive they can get. Anyways EMT shears can be found about any where and I even found on Ebay you can buy 25 or so for around $15.00 for an example. Also the wieght is very light so when you attach them to your bc it's like they are never there. For more information check on SCUBA toys site as well. There is a Zeagle accessories kit that includes the EMT shears but once again consider the cost, sorry guys don't want to take away from your sales. What about rust you say? Don't worry, the shears are dispossable and are easy to replace but to make them last longer just rinse them off with fresh water and dry them well. Hopes this helps.

Paul Earnhardt Crete, Greece

awap
08-04-2007, 12:14
I've run into some really cheap ones that must be a very low quality stainless steel and they rusted pretty quickly. So now I stick with the over $3 shears.

creggur
08-04-2007, 12:32
I've run into some really cheap ones that must be a very low quality stainless steel and they rusted pretty quickly. So now I stick with the over $3 shears.

That's a pretty nice price-point on a quality shears...Where do you get them a dive-shop, local retailer, or online?

awap
08-04-2007, 12:38
Local retailers I believe but I don't recall exactly where. I remember I tried the $2 ones from Fry's and they did not hold up. But the first purchase may need to be from a scuba retailer to get a suitable case.

creggur
08-04-2007, 13:06
Gotcha...Thanks

the gooch
08-04-2007, 14:18
My wife brought me a pair from work and I keep them in my BC. I have used them on a pier clean up dive and they cut through anything I needed it to pretty reliably.

paintsnow
08-04-2007, 14:50
*gulp*
dive rite express has some for $15 that have a stainless rivet, which is what usually causes need for replacement.

Brewer
08-04-2007, 15:13
Ever try surgical steel sheers? I found some at a flyfishing shop in town for under 10 bucks also dont be afraid to look at army navy surplus stores. My friend gets a catalog from a place called cheaper than dirt and they have all kinds of sheers and multi-tool type stuff really cheap

Splitlip
08-04-2007, 21:05
*gulp*
dive rite express has some for $15 that have a stainless rivet, which is what usually causes need for replacement.
Now that I like.

Vercingetorix
08-05-2007, 22:20
Ever try surgical steel sheers? I found some at a flyfishing shop in town for under 10 bucks also dont be afraid to look at army navy surplus stores. My friend gets a catalog from a place called cheaper than dirt and they have all kinds of sheers and multi-tool type stuff really cheap
Cheaper Than Dirt (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com)

nferra2
08-06-2007, 21:43
Look for some SS shears at a restuarant supply house.