PDA

View Full Version : It's a small thing...

dinger340
04-29-2008, 17:45
Well, I emailed Aeris' customer support for information on a replacement battery hatch removal tool and received a quick reply from a CSR who sent me a link to the Oceanic online store. I checked the link and found the tool for $3.00. Well the tool is the size two quarters (maybe), and they want $10.00 to ship it UPS. I emailed the CSR back to see about just having them tape the tool to a piece of paper and send it with a first class stamp and I'll buy two at $3.00/piece. I'm await a reply but don't think it will fly...

My buddy owns a Cochran computer and when purchased, he opened the box to find a small ziplock baggy with a fancy sticker. The sticker said, battery cover removal tool, one each...Inside the ziplock baggy was a shiny new quarter (removal tool).

Anyone have any advise/suggestions on how I may obtain one of these tools without paying more than three times the price? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Amazingly, I just received a reply from Oceanic asking for my address and they say they'll send the tools out to me...I am pleasantly surprised and fell better about things considering I own two Oceanic computers and an Aeris computer...I will definitely be looking to spend my money with Oceanic before looking elsewhere for my equipment and will give them the consideration they have earned and deserve...A good ending to a small thing...

mixahl
04-29-2008, 19:50
Cool....Oceanic stands behind their customers....thanks for letting us know of your experience!

TX1Chica
04-30-2008, 09:11
Glad to hear they came thru for you. It makes me feel better, since I have an Oceanic comp.

Bigg_Budd
04-30-2008, 09:47
Oceanic = Bomb

No Misses
04-30-2008, 10:05
I don't have thier "special tool".

BTW: the edge of a standard "scuba multi-tool" wrench fits perfectly in the slot of the battery cover.