PDA

View Full Version : Help, we're going in!

foo
08-04-2007, 13:59
It is of dire importance that I let someone know what my buddy and I are about to attempt. Therefore, if we're unable to accomplish our plan, someone will know about it and come to find us. I know we can count on our diving friends to help us if we need it...

Okay, we realize that we need to check/recheck all necessary equipment beforehand, and do mental training so that we don't panic if we make a mistake! This is the first time we've attempted a plan this extreme, therefore, we're leaving nothing to chance! So, please don't flame us for jumping into something that we've not prepared for- we've been planning and training for this for quite some time now.

In exactly 5 minutes, my buddy and I are donning our equipment, walking down the hall, and entering our daughter's room and do yearly maintenance. Yes, I said it. I know, it's a fool's plan- we're going beyond our training, but dangit! Someone's gotta do it! Foo2 knows the depths of which I am speaking, when I say- wish us luck!!! Please, if we don't come out by tomorrow... send the garbage truck.

Foo

P.S. Please don't try to talk us out of it.

thesmoothdome
08-04-2007, 14:04
LOL....good luck. If it's anything like my room when I was a kid you're in for a long day.

Cheddarchick
08-04-2007, 15:13
Bring a canary for the poisious gasses. I will tell you once they have thier own place the dirt and clutter disappear... And run a cave line so uyou can find your way out

94GTStang
08-04-2007, 16:06
hahahahaha that's pretty funny. It can't be THAT bad... Post some pics of the progress

Cheddarchick
08-04-2007, 16:12
94.....you don't have girls do you???? Those impeccable little barbie dolls that walk the malls are actually, ummmm.....scummy at home

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 17:15
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/pha0276l.jpg

awap
08-04-2007, 17:30
Sometime, it is better for everybody if you just go solo.

foo
08-04-2007, 18:37
You just can't imagine. We've already hauled out 3 trashbags full and we're taking a break. It's our fault for letting her be a slob. But, Papa's got a brand new bag. :) From now on it's her fault. What's the password? "My room is clean." Answer: "Sure, you can go!"

I know she'll read this soon. hehehe.

JahJahwarrior
08-04-2007, 18:59
Having been in charge of the technical side of the drama department at my high school, one of the things I did on show days was cleanthe place. I got my crew to clean outside, and then we tackled the dirty job: Guys bathroom. Then the most diguisting thing in the word: the Girls bathroom. It had a certain smell to it that the guy's never had. And girls, while they don't "miss" very often, don't seem to enjoy flushing very much, and there is toilet paper all over the place. All said and done, the two bathrooms were, on average, about as dirty as each other, but after a week of shows, I just didn't want to see girls anymore. Such beautiful people, and such a horridly dirty bathroom!

My room doesn't have "trash" in it, it's just got lots of stuff. A few weeks ago I had it very clean, actually. But, then I started going through things and moving them around in preparation for leaving for college in 8 days....so right now I have piles of stuff. It's a wreck. When I'm busy, it gets dirty. But when I have free time, I keep it clean. And I kept my stage clean too, you've never seen a cleaner backstage! I kept it much cleaner than some of the girls' who were Stage Managers' under me did, and it wasn't even entirely my job. :)

DirtyWaterIL
08-04-2007, 19:56
just make sure you have a personnell decontamination station set up outside

foo
08-04-2007, 20:49
Yah, it's practically an abatement taking place- seriously. When we get all the stuff out, we're painting, pulling up carpet (nice wood underneath!), and redecorating. Getting all those girl cooties outta there, and she's got a 2nd chance. ;)

JahJahwarrior
08-04-2007, 20:54
Are you and Foo2 related? Because in SI forum, Foo2 says she's gone for the weekend......just curious why she is gone and you are redoing a room, same weekend.

foo
08-05-2007, 01:03
Are you and Foo2 related? Because in SI forum, Foo2 says she's gone for the weekend......just curious why she is gone and you are redoing a room, same weekend.

Foo2 is my 26 yr old daughter- she pretty well does whatever she wants, hehe. She is married and lives 1.5 hrs from me. I'm redoing Foo3's room- the youngest Foo, who lives with me. She is the Slobby One, soon to be reformed. We got to the point of "now we can paint", tonight. Will finish the job tomorrow.

Sorry for the confoosion...
:smiley2:
Foo

dmdoss
08-05-2007, 01:10
you can plan for such an action?

JahJahwarrior
08-05-2007, 07:17
So, do you have a wife? Is she on the boards? With all the names and numbers, I'm Fooking confused! :)

deepdiver47
08-05-2007, 08:16
In exactly 5 minutes, my buddy and I are donning our equipment, walking down the hall, and entering our daughter's room and do yearly maintenance.

Wow, I give you credit. I won't go in my son's room for anything. There is sh** everywhere. I think you need hazmat stuff. You may even find Jimmy Hoffa's body in there. :smiley2:

Let us know what the conditions are on that planet

ParrotHead
08-05-2007, 09:37
Better run a line so you can find your way out!!!

Disneymom
08-05-2007, 19:00
Congratulations on what sounded like a relatively sucessful mission, Foo. I know I won't enter my 17 yo daughter's room without wearing a level A chemical suit.

foo
08-05-2007, 21:46
So, do you have a wife? Is she on the boards? With all the names and numbers, I'm Fooking confused! :)

Hi JahJah. Sorry for the confoosion. I am the wife, Foo. Let me do a better explanation: FooMan is my husband, he will never post on the boards, but he does dive. Foo2 and FooMan2 are my daughter and SIL, who both dive, he probably would never post here. Foo3 is our youngest daughter, of whom we have been speaking, regarding the room. She also dives, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her here sometime.

Okay... this is how the reality of the plan has gone so far, and I have taken some photos to share asap. I'm on a quick surface interval at this time. We descended into the bowels of the seemingly bottomless pit. (hehehhe, she said "bowels") As soon as we got neutral, we quickly went about the task at hand. It took brutal skill and I must confess, that we were up to the job. There was a strange sense of satisfaction as we moved along, towing our sling-trashbags. Our pre-planning paid off, we had enough air to finish, and we turned at thirds. We did an extra long safety stop, although our computers were good, we didn't want to take any chances.

While having a few cervezas to celebrate, we chattered on about all the things that we had seen! We had been so close to everything, and never dreamed that there was this whole other world in there! It was like traveling to another planet, and we felt like the first people to discover it. We were very careful not to destroy the infrastructure, we only wanted to clean out the debris, to help bring back the native life to the area. Sure, it's an unpaid job... but it helps the environment, right?

Well, it's time for me to descend again... this time with paintbrush in hand. Don't worry, we have plenty of stage bottles set. We even have a backup bottle opener.

Foo

Cheddarchick
08-06-2007, 05:28
You go girl!!!!

Centerius
08-06-2007, 14:49

Hi JahJah. Sorry for the confoosion. I am the wife, Foo. Let me do a better explanation: FooMan is my husband, he will never post on the boards, but he does dive. Foo2 and FooMan2 are my daughter and SIL, who both dive, he probably would never post here. Foo3 is our youngest daughter, of whom we have been speaking, regarding the room.
Foo

Ahh, now I get it. Now the question is, is your daughter's (Foo2) kids going to be FooFoo1, Foo4, or what? :p

JahJahwarrior
08-06-2007, 16:18
I think now I understand better what it feels like to be "narc'd" :)

No, this thread is worthless without pictures! :D

ParrotheadDiver
08-07-2007, 09:22
Foo....did you go into deco??? did your camera flood???:smiley29:

TxHockeyGuy
08-07-2007, 10:58
How oh how did I miss this thread? So my real question is, what did you do with Foo3 while you were performing hazmat cleanup on her room? Or was she on the same secret mission as Foo2 where no internet access would be available?

Sadly, I doubt my apartment looks much better than Foo3's room, but I'm slowly working on that now that I can finally walk normally again, dang back.

quarrydiver
08-12-2007, 11:53
I feel your pain, two daughters 19/15 and it's a good day when I am able to open their doors. Done the bags of junk, carpet and paint routine. Only wish i had a picture of the trailer load of stuffed animals i took to storage. life size orange gorilla got a LOT of attention.

deepdiver47
08-12-2007, 12:57
what is it with these kids that are too busy napping after school until dinner that they can't clean their rooms once a month!

foo
08-14-2007, 02:34
what is it with these kids that are too busy napping after school until dinner that they can't clean their rooms once a month!

I'd hate for her to break a nail... ;)

Cheddarchick
08-16-2007, 16:59
Man have you ever been around kids????

I'd hate for her to break a nail... ;)
And have to listen to the whining for a month....

foo
08-17-2007, 04:09
Foo....did you go into deco??? did your camera flood???:smiley29:

My camera is fine, thanks for asking. As for deco, no probs- we had a good plan, turned at 1/3rds, watched our depth. I started to get too deep at one point, felt a little panicky- musta been narced. My buddy just held me for a minute and looked me in the eye, settled me down.

I'm thinking that I was in a bit over my experience level- I'd never experienced quite this type of adventure. Have decided that I'm not a thrill-seeker. Therefore, a management-mandated preservation code has been established for all areas of the system. The area will be closely monitored for any signs of returning to it's former state of disarray- the punishment will be swift and just for perpetrators.

Thank you all for your support and advice during this infamous adventure. You're the best.

Foo2
08-17-2007, 09:40
You are killing me! ROFL! If you guys only knew...

foo
08-17-2007, 20:29
life size orange gorilla got a LOT of attention.

If I had a life sized orange gorrilla, I'd put it in someone's tree and let them find it there the next morning. Someone who can handle it. Have fun, take pics. :smiley2:

unclepooty
08-18-2007, 07:41
Just found this thread.....have ruined board with tears of laughter :smilie39: Is there an agency that offers a specialty class for this? Or is it better to spend time gathering experience on your own?

foo
08-18-2007, 19:18
Just found this thread.....have ruined board with tears of laughter :smilie39: Is there an agency that offers a specialty class for this? Or is it better to spend time gathering experience on your own?

You know... some things, you can train and train for... but you're never quite prepared for the reality. I do feel that prior training is the only way we survived... we had a fairly clear idea of what we were getting into. Plan for contingencies (running out of air, losing sight of your buddy, etc.) and you'll do fine. The most difficult part is realizing how much of your hard earned cash is going out with the trashbags...

MxDiver
08-18-2007, 19:34

Hi JahJah. Sorry for the confoosion. I am the wife, Foo. Let me do a better explanation: FooMan is my husband, he will never post on the boards, but he does dive. Foo2 and FooMan2 are my daughter and SIL, who both dive, he probably would never post here. Foo3 is our youngest daughter, of whom we have been speaking, regarding the room.
Foo

Ahh, now I get it. Now the question is, is your daughter's (Foo2) kids going to be FooFoo1, Foo4, or what? :p

They could be Foo2.1, Foo2.2 and so on for her oldest daughter and Foo3.1, and on for the youngest

Foo this reminds me so much of a time when I was about 13, I went away for the weekend and my parents decided to overhaul my room. I can't wait to see the outcome, good luck preserving the newly restored habitat.

Splitlip
08-18-2007, 19:57
There are sky divers on this board as well as scuba divers.
You really should not title a post "going in" :scared:

MxDiver
08-19-2007, 11:53

I'm assuming this has something to do with a chute not opening, maybe? care to elaborate?

Splitlip
08-19-2007, 14:51
more or less, that's it.

cgvmer
08-19-2007, 15:06
My 9yrold daughter's room is worse than my 18 and 13 yr old son's rooms combined...........she has stuff EVERYWHERE
I would only go in with a full drysuit and helmet.

foo
08-19-2007, 23:30

Eeks I know nothing about sky diving! Sorry for the faux paux!

deepdiver47
08-20-2007, 07:18
I'd still bring a chute in as I would consider the window to be a an escape hatch as "the thing" could block the door once you have entered. :eek2:

kevinj1
09-05-2007, 16:30
I would also tape your blood types on each of your tanks just in case anything goes wrong and their is a man down. You never can be tooooooooooo prepared..
May God speed Elder Foo's.

Charlotte Smith
09-05-2007, 16:43
Don't you know that kids NEED that STUFF...you CAN'T just throw it away.....

ixrayu
09-05-2007, 21:03
You have my blessings!!! I have a 17 year old son who has not only a bedroom but also his own den!!! I enter neither after some of the things I have found. When he leaves for college this summer, I'll call you Mrs. Foo since it sounds like you have the required experience!!