PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen clean and keeping it that way

paintsnow
08-04-2007, 16:28
if i were to purchase a oxygen clean tank, but don't want to use it for nitrox just yet, will it still be oxygen clean after getting a normal fill?

chinacat46
08-04-2007, 17:27
Depends. If the place you got the fill from used OCA(Oxygen compatible air) then yes it would still be oxygen clean. If however they were using a normal compressor the answer would be no.

DirtyWaterIL
08-04-2007, 20:58
Before getting fills make sure the fill station has "Modified grade E" air. This is the same air blended with o2 to make nitrox.

cummings66
08-05-2007, 22:19
Around my diving holes Modifed Grade E is what most everybody has, but you do need to be careful because I know of one shop that claims to have that and his air actually has oil in it. I've seen it personally.

DirtyWaterIL
08-05-2007, 22:40
Around my diving holes Modifed Grade E is what most everybody has, but you do need to be careful because I know of one shop that claims to have that and his air actually has oil in it. I've seen it personally.

yeah anyone can claim they have a certain quality of air and i'm sure many shops do this, but when you send the little jar of air away to be inspected you get a little certificate of authrntation to show on the wall. If a shop ever refuses to show it, don't get a fill from them. Also be cautious of small boat compressors since they are notorious for moisture issues.

Dive-aholic
08-05-2007, 23:28
You just need to make sure you get hydrocarbon-free air fills. In your area, the only place I know for sure that has clean air is the shop in Boulder City. It actually works out since you have to pass it to get to Mead and drive close to it to get to Mohave.