PDA

View Full Version : I love you.. Allega

frankc420
08-04-2007, 15:44
Disclaimer: If you like interesting stories, don't read this. If your bored, read on.
-----

Well, I started diving back in June 06. Since the day I checked out, I've had nothing but problems with my sinuses. I've been to 2 ENT doctors (over 7 trips), 3 General doctors, have taken over 10 different brand name prescriptions, ear drops, etc... and still couldn't breathe through my nose with ease.

My wife got a new job a couple of months ago with a doctors office that has 28 doctors.. I told her I wanted to see the BEST dang doctor they had, so she scheduled it. I sat in the Dr Vans room for maybe 5 minutes, when he walked in he seemed confident he could help ANYONE, I immediately felt relieved, without him saying a word.

I went through my who list of medications, doctors, presumed issues, etc with him and he said... You just haven't been on the meds long enough. So he put me on Allega-D and Augmenton.

As of today, I can breathe! And dive again! My ears clear easier than ever, and my wife doesn't want to leave me anymore because she can now sleep in the same bed! Apparently, the other doctors that I had seen didn't think about Allergies.. even after I told them my family has a history of sinus problems...

I love you Allega-D!

creggur
08-04-2007, 15:50
Congratulations from another chronic sinus sufferer... My solution after 6 years of suffering, and trying numerous prescriptions/OTC/anything I could get my hands on is this...

Nealmed sinus rinse twice a day and Flonase before bed, works like a charm... I truly know how nice it is to be able to breathe again!!!

frankc420
08-04-2007, 15:52
Congratulations from another chronic sinus sufferer... My solution after 6 years of suffering, and trying numerous prescriptions/OTC/anything I could get my hands on is this...

Nealmed sinus rinse twice a day and Flonase before bed, works like a charm... I truly know how nice it is to be able to breathe again!!!

I have a NetiPot, pretty much the same thing as the Nealmed. I used it for a few days and I started to feel sick again, I might try it again to get the last traces of nasty out of my system.

I have a years prescription to Nasonex too :smiley20:

medic001918
08-04-2007, 17:11
Congratulations and good luck.

Shane

the gooch
08-04-2007, 17:14
Isn't it "AllegRa"?

frankc420
08-04-2007, 18:51
Isn't it "AllegRa"?

Yeah :)