PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary

hooligan
05-01-2008, 20:05
So I was all set to pull the trigger and buy my wife and I new rigs for our anniversary. I figured 2 bp/wings and 2 reg combos would be a great present. Well we were out shopping last weekend and ended up with a new teak wood dining room set. What the heck am I going to do with an eight person table and a china cabinet? So $2500 and a lot of heavy lifting later, I no longer have a scubatoys budget.:smiley19:

But maybe this good will towards my wife will = new gear for my birthday next month.... I guess time will tell.

mixahl
05-01-2008, 20:12
So sorry to hear that! It will pay off in the long run...Now you can buy 3 of everything!

harb99
05-01-2008, 20:23
two weeks ago, I got my wife flowers for our anniversary (we didnt buy each other anything else) and then last week we ordered bc's and reg's - glad we already have a china cabinet :)

mixahl
05-01-2008, 20:26
sometimes I dont understand why we need china cabinets??!! whats wrong with kitchen cabinets?? why do we need special cabinets for china that we rarely use....UGH!

Athena2c
05-01-2008, 20:42
Hmmm..our anniversary is Monday and we have no china cabinet....but I would much rather have the scuba gear (don't have any 'china' anyway)..better yet, a scuba trip!!! :smiley20:

Maybe there is something wrong with me..am I supposed to want a china cabinet? :smiley5:

harb99
05-01-2008, 20:54
sometimes I dont understand why we need china cabinets??!! whats wrong with kitchen cabinets?? why do we need special cabinets for china that we rarely use....UGH!

that is exactly the point - you have a special cabinet to "show off" the special china pieces that you may get to use once or twice a year

Maybe there is something wrong with me..am I supposed to want a china cabinet?

nothing is wrong with you, you know what you want to spend your $$ on and it doesnt include china - nothing wrong with that :)

I could live without ours, but my wife likes having it, so it stays - to me it just takes up extra space and is more to pack and make sure it doesnt break if we move

Beaucoupfishies
05-01-2008, 20:55
I bought my fiancee tickets to go see Rent AND a BCD. Bwa ha ha.

Course now my credit card bill hides under my bed and threatens to eat me at night.

hooligan
05-01-2008, 20:57
My wife told me the other day that she never really wanted china, but over here in Japan, it's insanely cheap, so that's how we ended up with it. I guess I forgot to figure in the cost of the cabinet and matching dining room furniture into the "cheap china":smiley2:.

Hmmm..our anniversary is Monday and we have no china cabinet....but I would much rather have the scuba gear (don't have any 'china' anyway)..better yet, a scuba trip!!! :smiley20:

Maybe there is something wrong with me..am I supposed to want a china cabinet? :smiley5:

No, there's nothing wrong with you. If you don't have china, you shouldn't want a china cabinet. As far as the scuba trip, we did just go diving in Australia in March

skippy11
05-01-2008, 22:17
I bought my fiancee tickets to go see Rent AND a BCD. Bwa ha ha.

Course now my credit card bill hides under my bed and threatens to eat me at night.

I know the feeling!! For Christmas, we bought each other a ton of Scuba gear. .......... I finally paid it off 4 months later. So, is it really a gift from your spouse if you actually pay the entire bill???? :smiley2:

I'm just kidding; Honey I love you if you are reading this!!!:smiley9:

Zyxistal
05-02-2008, 15:50
Just use your 8 person table for the same thing we use ours for. Piling all the gear on it when you're packing for dive trips.

MSilvia
05-02-2008, 16:05
Ouch... that stings. I'm thrilled my wife likes the $110 table I got us at a local antique store's going out of business sale. As for china... I have a large china cabinet I like to call an "attic". If I ever need it, I know where to find it.

DiverMom
05-02-2008, 16:24

Why get China to begin with??? Didn't want it but DH's family got it for us anyway. Now we never use it and we have the joy of storing it. LOL!

Osprey
05-02-2008, 22:09
Too bad I couldn't wear the Hera to RENT, eh? ;)

And as an official "Woman of the House" cardholder let me just say

DOWN WITH CHINA, UP WITH SCUBA TOYS!

nashwl
05-02-2008, 23:55
Haha, should have just got her a dive trip.

harb99
05-03-2008, 16:49
As for china... I have a large china cabinet I like to call an "attic". If I ever need it, I know where to find it.

i like this comment :) - pretty much what my wife's china does - gather dust

mm2002
05-03-2008, 21:57
I made my wife sell her prized 5th generation china cabinet so we could buy scuba gear. I'm the "man" around our house and I make the rules.

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39:

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
05-03-2008, 23:01
Everyone needs a china cabinet!!

We use ours for one big junk drawer!!! The kid keeps her crayons and coloring books in one drawer, the wife has bunch of leftover "Partylite" candles and crap stored in the rest of it:smiley29:

harb99
05-04-2008, 17:58
I made my wife sell her prized 5th generation china cabinet so we could buy scuba gear. I'm the "man" around our house and I make the rules.

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39:

nice :smilie39::smilie39:

WV Diver
05-04-2008, 18:10
:fit_old: The only way I would spend $2500 on a china cabinet would be if I planned on filling it with first class Doria china. Even then I would think it over three or four times first and still probably end up buying dive gear.

This seems like grounds for divorce to me. :anim_stick: :smilie39:

I'm taking my wife diving in Hawaii for our anniversary.

mm2002
05-04-2008, 18:30
Oh the irony of this thread. Today I just put together another ST gear order, and was trying to figure out how to fund it. I'm selling my wifes car. It's only about 14 miles to her work, and I figure the exercise will do her good anyway.
I haven't told her yet.

WV Diver
05-04-2008, 18:40
Oh the irony of this thread. Today I just put together another ST gear order, and was trying to figure out how to fund it. I'm selling my wifes car. It's only about 14 miles to her work, and I figure the exercise will do her good anyway.
I haven't told her yet.

:smilie39::smilie39: Sell the lawn mower and pick her up on of these little units and you can kill two birds with one stone. She can drive it to work and mow the grass before she ever comes in the house. :smiley36:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r218/Wizard41/Stuff1/rnmower.jpg

:smilie40:

mm2002
05-04-2008, 18:42
I haven't told her yet.

:smilie39::smilie39: Sell the lawn mower and pick her up on of these little units and you can kill two birds with one stone. She can drive it to work and mow the grass before she ever comes in the house. :smiley36:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r218/Wizard41/Stuff1/rnmower.jpg

:smilie40:

Damn good idea! Where can I order one?

Kokomo
05-04-2008, 19:37
Oh yes....WV Diver knows how to celebrate an anniversary. He is taking me to Hawaii in 2009 for our 10th anniversary. But he's also taking me diving in the Keys this year on our 9th anniversary. China cabinet? Who needs a china cabinet? :boldpurple::love:

WV Diver
05-04-2008, 19:47
Oh yes....WV Diver knows how to celebrate an anniversary. He is taking me to Hawaii in 2009 for our 10th anniversary. But he's also taking me diving in the Keys this year on our 9th anniversary. China cabinet? Who needs a china cabinet? :boldpurple::love:

You're so cute. :smiley2: :heartpump::snill: