PDA

View Full Version : Bourne Supremacy

Black-Gorrilla
08-04-2007, 16:26
such a good movie!! so well made and so good to watch.
i suggest you all get out there and watch it! (if you like a good action film!)

******** SPOILERS NEAR BOTTOM ****************

medic001918
08-04-2007, 17:07
Definatly a movie that I want to see. Glad you enjoyed it.

Shane

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 17:09

What!! How dare you spend $6.00 on something that wasn't scuba related!? You didn't get popcorn did you?! :smiley7:

the gooch
08-04-2007, 17:13

What!! How dare you spend $6.00 on something that wasn't scuba related!? You didn't get popcorn did you?! :smiley7:
$6---I wish. Try $9. Now he is really in trouble.

94GTStang
08-04-2007, 17:46

Is that per person? Jebus! That's crazy...

I am going to go see the movie Sunday. I've been waiting to see it ever since the last one came out a few years ago.

Black-Gorrilla
08-04-2007, 18:20

:smiley13:
we had lunch... @ Fridays, 40 bux
9.50 for me, 9.50 for a girl that i was with (tickets)
20 bux for popcorn and soda

i wish i could spend 6 cux to watch a movie!!
so now thats what.. like 80-90 bux... that i should have spent on more gear that i really dont need (or could have gone towards that Trans-plate im looking at)

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 18:24
Man! 80 bucks!! You could have gotten 1 bio fin, or a full length bare wetsuit... and you spent it on a girl! How dare you!

Black-Gorrilla
08-04-2007, 18:30
what wetsuit are you talking about? now im interested!!!

94GTStang
08-04-2007, 18:33
Man! 80 bucks!! You could have gotten 1 bio fin

The guy going to swim in circles? lol...

For me and my lady, it's only about $14 total to go see a movie.

94GTStang
08-04-2007, 18:34

That's after your $50 gift card and 10% off... right?

creggur
08-04-2007, 18:37
Movies are about 5 bucks for me, wait till they come out on DVD...

I can control the crowd noise in my living room, pause for potty breaks, sit in my recliner, enjoying a Makers Mark with my popcorn, watching on the big screen with full surround... I can wait a few months to see it like that...

Black-Gorrilla
08-04-2007, 18:37

That's after your $50 gift card and 10% off... right?

uhh... well i already used both gift cards, bought a new octo, and a ST mask strap... and almost slipped and bought about 400$ worth of stuff by mistake at the same time.

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 18:43

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=BareBrigadeFullMens and take your ScubaToys Forum 10% off.. 80 bucks!

But hey.. I went and saw a movie last week... so it's ok!

deepdiver47
08-04-2007, 18:45
Exactly! Spend all $$ on scuba

Black-Gorrilla
08-04-2007, 19:17
i do spend most money on my "FUN" so it has to be distributed...
i'm thinking my next purchase will be a Trans-Plate with wing and all!

ScubaToys Larry
08-04-2007, 19:20
i do spend most money on my "FUN" so it has to be distributed...
i'm thinking my next purchase will be a Trans-Plate with wing and all!

Ok... then you're forgiven!

94GTStang
08-04-2007, 19:53

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=BareBrigadeFullMens and take your ScubaToys Forum 10% off.. 80 bucks!

But hey.. I went and saw a movie last week... so it's ok!

I need to get a new wetsuit. I found out that my medium doesn't fit so well anymore :(

That's a pretty good deal for that one though :D

Vercingetorix
08-05-2007, 21:42
I read the books (Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy, Bourne Ultimatum). The only thing the books have in common with the movies is the name of the primary character. For instance, the Supremacy movie kills off girlfriend. Actually, he has a wife and she is very much alive in Supremacy and Ultimatum books.

Bottom line: enjoy the movies. enjoy the books. Just don't compare and contrast.

Black-Gorrilla
08-05-2007, 21:45
i was thinking about possibly reading those. i had heard about it from a friend.
thanks for the input

94GTStang
08-05-2007, 22:14
We just got back from watching that movie.... it freaking rocked! I loved every part of that movie. The ending was... alright... but either way I think it was much much better than the previous two

dmdoss
08-05-2007, 22:28
Hope its as good as the previews.

Black-Gorrilla
08-05-2007, 22:37
the fight scenes are very well thought up. very good to watch, lots of stuff going on almost the whole movie!

TxHockeyGuy
08-05-2007, 22:49
I saw this movie today and I can highly recommend it. The entire premise, like all Bourne movies is towards the implausible side, but not unbelievable. What makes this movie so different is while the entirely of events is hard to swallow every individual action is believable. That is what has always made the Bourne series of movies so good to me and this one delivers in spades. It is a great action flic and one well worth seeing on the big screen.

torrey
08-05-2007, 22:59
Okay, I saw the movie this morning ($5 matinee, go team!). And I thought it was awesome, although I would have liked to have seen more fighting. I'm glad to see that it tied up most of the loose ends and answered some questions, but I'm still baffled about something that maybe the book readers might be able to answer. What role does Nikki Parsons play in his past? There's obviously a connection between them, and she even brings it up when she puts her life on the line to help him, but it's not answered in any of his flashbacks. Was she his girlfriend before he joined the force? Wife, maybe? Sister?

dmdoss
08-05-2007, 23:08
Okay, I saw the movie this morning ($5 matinee, go team!). And I thought it was awesome, although I would have liked to have seen more fighting. I'm glad to see that it tied up most of the loose ends and answered some questions, but I'm still baffled about something that maybe the book readers might be able to answer. What role does Nikki Parsons play in his past? There's obviously a connection between them, and she even brings it up when she puts her life on the line to help him, but it's not answered in any of his flashbacks. Was she his girlfriend before he joined the force? Wife, maybe? Sister?

did they leave that open for the next movie? The Bourne Ex

94GTStang
08-06-2007, 00:35
There going to be another movie?

Looks like he had a relationship with ole what's her name. I'm trying not to give out any spoilers

Black-Gorrilla
08-06-2007, 00:38
i see this discution is starting to broaden...
looks like there could be more... maybe?

94GTStang
08-06-2007, 00:39
i see this discution is starting to broaden...
looks like there could be more... maybe?

Eh... I don't know... I would hope so. Though I would hate for the movie to be played out

Black-Gorrilla
08-06-2007, 00:51
thats the main problem that could be encountered in my eyes as well... what else can they do? i dont thing they have much to do anymore...

georoc01
08-06-2007, 08:44
Well, that is it for the Ludlum books. There is the Bourne Legacy (which delves into more about his son) written by Eric van Lustbader which was very good and a new one that came out in June by the same author called the Bourne Betrayal.

Matt Damon said he was through after this one, but he enjoy's playing the character as well. I would hate to see them change actors just for the sake of making another movie. I'd wait until Damon is ready, kind of like Indiana Jones. They weren't going to make that without Harrison Ford.

94GTStang
08-06-2007, 09:27
Well, that is it for the Ludlum books. There is the Bourne Legacy (which delves into more about his son) written by Eric van Lustbader which was very good and a new one that came out in June by the same author called the Bourne Betrayal.

Matt Damon said he was through after this one, but he enjoy's playing the character as well. I would hate to see them change actors just for the sake of making another movie. I'd wait until Damon is ready, kind of like Indiana Jones. They weren't going to make that without Harrison Ford.

Great point. If they changed Matt, the movie would not be the same. When is that new Indiana Jones movie coming out?

torrey
08-06-2007, 10:10
When is that new Indiana Jones movie coming out?

Depends on how many times Harrison breaks his hip. He really shouldn't have waited so long.

JodiBB
08-06-2007, 10:18
I'm guessing you really mean Bourne Ultimatum...but you're right...we saw it yesterday...it was really good!

georoc01
08-06-2007, 11:08

Great point. If they changed Matt, the movie would not be the same. When is that new Indiana Jones movie coming out?

Last release date I have seen is May 2008

94GTStang
08-06-2007, 12:06
When is that new Indiana Jones movie coming out?

Depends on how many times Harrison breaks his hip. He really shouldn't have waited so long.
hahahaha.... nice point. I'm sure they will have PLENTY of body doubles for him.

I'm guessing you really mean Bourne Ultimatum...but you're right...we saw it yesterday...it was really good!

That's hilarious. I just saw that the thread title is all wrong. Three pages later... .

Black-Gorrilla
08-06-2007, 12:16
wow... i just too noticed that i put the old movie as the tittle... sorry.
maybe larry can fix this for us...

georoc01
08-12-2007, 09:37
Well, I went to see Bourne Utilmatum last night.

If you enjoyed the first two movies, you will like this one. It does add some closure, yet also leaves it open.

What's kind of spooky is the CIA/NSA tracking. A guy says one phrase into a cell phone on the other side of the world and they tap into it.

I did like the ending with Nikki watching the tv broadcast. Very well done.

We will see if Damon is up for a 4th movie.

94GTStang
08-12-2007, 17:01
Well, I went to see Bourne Utilmatum last night.

If you enjoyed the first two movies, you will like this one. It does add some closure, yet also leaves it open.

What's kind of spooky is the CIA/NSA tracking. A guy says one phrase into a cell phone on the other side of the world and they tap into it.

I did like the ending with Nikki watching the tv broadcast. Very well done.

We will see if Damon is up for a 4th movie.

I thought the ending was a little on the weak side, but none-the-less pretty good. The ending to the second one was pretty cool.

I don't think he will do a fourth one, but if he did, I would be in line to see it