PDA

View Full Version : No really a complaint but suggestion for ST Retail site?

EuphoriaII
05-02-2008, 11:22
You guys have great selection on just about everything but sometimes it's difficult to sort through. One of your competitors (who's service doesn't come even close to yours) has a site where you can sort price, manufactures, product features, etc. If I want to search for all wrist computers (ruling out consoles) that are nitrox compatible and made by oceanic, mares and uwatec and exclude the others, I can do that and then sort by price or rating.
I sometimes find myself sorting out what I want there, and then finding the same or comparable thing at ST.
Any plans to update the ST retail site to make it a little bit easier to shop?

I wouldn't even bother to mention it but it seems that you guys REALLY CARE about customer service so I thought I would point it out if you weren't aware.

mixahl
05-02-2008, 11:26
I echo the above suggestion. A streamlined shopping website is just like a beautiful streamlined Zeagle BCD.....its just magical!

ScubaToys Larry
05-02-2008, 11:45
It's being programmed as we speak... hopefully over the next month or so we can finish and make the transition.

fireflock
05-02-2008, 11:50
:smiley20:

Mooha182
05-02-2008, 11:52
It's being programmed as we speak... hopefully over the next month or so we can finish and make the transition.

Don't you just love responses like that! I find newegg.com's power search function the best one I have used before and can't wait to see your version. :smiley20:

EuphoriaII
05-02-2008, 11:57

It figures. You guys are on top of everything. :)

CompuDude
05-02-2008, 12:39
There was a similar request not that long ago and I believe Larry posted back that a major overhaul is being developed.

Edit: Doh! He beat me to it! Darned conference calls...

harb99
05-02-2008, 13:01

very cool - cannot wait to see the changes :)

Beaucoupfishies
05-02-2008, 13:49
Something important to remember is that even if you don't see something on the site- give them a call or PM them. I was looking into a custom package and they were more than willing to work with me and get me a good price!

Don't be afraid of the phone, it actually gets you some good discounts! :)

skippy11
05-02-2008, 13:54

That's awesome!!:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20: Can't wait to see it!

mixahl
05-02-2008, 14:06
This is some great news!!

harb99
05-02-2008, 14:15
Something important to remember is that even if you don't see something on the site- give them a call or PM them. I was looking into a custom package and they were more than willing to work with me and get me a good price!

well said :smiley20:

Babster
05-02-2008, 17:27
:party:

FAN-tastic!!!!!! Can't wait to see the new shop!

elijahb
05-02-2008, 17:34
Thats great I love shops that listen to you
I know I will appreciate the new feature

:smiley20::smiley20:

spatman
05-04-2008, 08:18

so true. as amazing as the internet is, it sometimes can actually reduce the quality of interpersonal contact.

looking forward to the new site!

WV Diver
05-04-2008, 18:33
:wrbanana::chickendance::mc05::jam2: YIPPPEEEEE!!!

EuphoriaII
07-21-2008, 15:48
Just following up...are you still working on updating the retail site?

NeveSSL
07-24-2008, 14:53
I was going to suggest the same thing. I didn't think I'd be the first. :)

Any updates, Larry?

Brandon

ScubaToys Larry
07-24-2008, 15:08
We've made some progress... we have a testing server we're using.. and we're getting there... hopefully soon!

highdesert
07-26-2008, 17:57
Great to hear that you're updating the functionality of your site. I've had little sucess using the keyword search feature on your site. Will that also be improved? I'm in the same boat with others who sometimes go to the L-word site to sort and read reviews (how about that too, personal reviews?) then go back to ST to place an order.

Sansho
07-26-2008, 18:05
That's awesome!!:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20: Can't wait to see it!
What he said!

highdesert
07-27-2008, 15:35
Great to hear that you're updating the functionality of your site. I've had little sucess using the keyword search feature on your site. Will that also be improved? I'm in the same boat with others who sometimes go to the L-word site to sort and read reviews (how about that too, personal reviews?) then go back to ST to place an order.

Oh yeah ... functional wish list too. Really, just mimic programming from the L-word site ... it's pretty good.