PDA

View Full Version : Where to live in Florida....Part 2

mm2002
05-02-2008, 21:10
I didn't want to beat the original thread in the ground, but can anyone give me any insight to either Davenport or Clermont? We're finding some promising deals on property in those areas, but don't really know anything about them.
Thanks!

Tom A
05-02-2008, 21:23
let me know what you find ill be retireing in 4 yrs plan on moving there myself

mm2002
05-02-2008, 22:42
let me know what you find ill be retireing in 4 yrs plan on moving there myself

Why? You want to move in with us? :smilie39:
Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

sidneydiver
05-02-2008, 22:51
I live in Clermont and my buddy lives in Davenport. What do you want to know?

mm2002
05-02-2008, 23:05
I live in Clermont and my buddy lives in Davenport. What do you want to know?

Just general info regarding the surroundings, economics, etc. I guess I can't really pinpoint anything specific, just a general overview of the areas would be a good start. First and foremost, I want a nice area to raise my daughters without having to shoot somebody. :smiley36:

sidneydiver
05-02-2008, 23:11
They are both good areas, not a million miles away from each other. Like anywhere, some areas are nicer than others and you can pick and choose sub-divisions, but I can help give you an idea if you have houses you like the look of.

They're far enough away from Disney to not be too touristy, but more building is happening in both of these areas so I don't know how long it will stay like that.

mm2002
05-03-2008, 09:08
They are both good areas, not a million miles away from each other. Like anywhere, some areas are nicer than others and you can pick and choose sub-divisions, but I can help give you an idea if you have houses you like the look of.

They're far enough away from Disney to not be too touristy, but more building is happening in both of these areas so I don't know how long it will stay like that.

Our #1 priority is the land, and we want at least an acre+. A "fixer upper" home would be the ultimate, because we eventually want to either build on to the existing structure, and remodel to fit our needs, or start from scratch and build a new home. We're used to having our space, and living in a country setting, and we won't buy anything in a subdivision full of cookie cutter houses sitting 20 feet apart. Just not our style. We've found several in those areas that fit the bill. The wife will be working in Orlando, so we need to be within reasonable driving distance.

ratown
05-03-2008, 09:17

Our #1 priority is the land, and we want at least an acre+. A "fixer upper" home would be the ultimate, because we eventually want to either build on to the existing structure, and remodel to fit our needs, or start from scratch and build a new home. We're used to having our space, and living in a country setting, and we won't buy anything in a subdivision full of cookie cutter houses sitting 20 feet apart. Just not our style. We've found several in those areas that fit the bill. The wife will be working in Orlando, so we need to be within reasonable driving distance.

Lol, welcome to Florida.

mm2002
05-03-2008, 22:06
We've been finding things like this: LINK (http://awp260500078.mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=592087559&s=MFR&t=MFR)
That's kinda what we want, so I know they're out there. Enough space that you can fart without offending your neighbor. We've found a ton of these types of places for 150K to 200K range, so that's not too bad.