PDA

View Full Version : Diver insurance

LCFrigon
05-03-2008, 13:53
I am looking at getting dive insurance and if you live in Canada and the Us then DAN is hard to beat...very affordable and i have always heard great things. It is also based out of the us so you know you are dealing with the head office.

However since i am in south Korea, DAN is quite a bit more expensive and the coverage just doesn't seam as good. The Korean DAN website is actually a little scary to go to..looks quite unproffesional (as far as websites go)

Anyways the full coverage for a year with DAN Korea would run me about $200.

Has anyone used or heard of dive assure? They offer what seams like a much better package for international travel and coverage.

Would love feedback and adice on all dive insurance agencies that you know of.....I truly hate private insurance companies and believe they screw more people than help, but since dive related injuries are not covered by South Korea I need some in case something happens (knock on wood) ;)

Cheers and thanks,
Lorne

ps...sunlife insurance will never get a penny from me btw....have been and are screwing over my mother for years...so subsidies or affiliates of that company all fall into the same category.

LCFrigon
05-04-2008, 07:42
wow no advice yet?

Zenagirl
05-04-2008, 07:47
I've heard of DiveAssure (nothing bad), but don't have any personal experience I could share as I'm a DAN member.

bostondivegirl
05-04-2008, 09:03
does DAN insure gear in the normal price or do you have to pay extra?

Mooha182
05-04-2008, 09:32
DAN Divers Alert Network : Membership : Member Benefits (http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/membership/benefits.asp)

Dive Equipment Insurance (http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/danservices/equipment.asp)+*
SENN, DUNN, MARSH & ROLAND offers equipment coverage exclusively to DAN Members. Purchase is easy -- apply quickly and exclusively online.

* Additional fees apply.
+ Available to U.S. residents only.

Did a little highlighting and coloring..... but yes theres a fee for everything almost.

K9Pig
05-04-2008, 12:27
It was recommemded to me by my instructor. Still trying to decide myself between DAN and Dive Safe. If you want to check them out at DiveSafe Dive Insurance (http://www.divesafeinsurance.com) . The company name is DiveSafe, Inc. c/o Willis Insurance Brokers out of Blaine, Washington. The annual cost includes all premiums, assistance fees, and membership fees for $70.

LCFrigon
05-05-2008, 00:18
It was recommemded to me by my instructor. Still trying to decide myself between DAN and Dive Safe. If you want to check them out at DiveSafe Dive Insurance (http://www.divesafeinsurance.com) . The company name is DiveSafe, Inc. c/o Willis Insurance Brokers out of Blaine, Washington. The annual cost includes all premiums, assistance fees, and membership fees for $70.

looked good until I noticed it does not cover PADI divers which is who i am certified under at the moment.

anyone else have other's they use?

abcitydiver
05-05-2008, 01:58
Dive assure has worked well with close friends of mine, in a tight and scary situation - I have Dive assure, at their top level of coverage, and feel VERY confident. Dive assure is underwritten by one of the largest most respected insureres...AIG...
They are also primary insurance, not secondary like DAN. By the way, I have DAN insurance as well. But really - Dive Assure is real, and has a very very solid rep.

LCFrigon
05-05-2008, 02:46
Dive assure has worked well with close friends of mine, in a tight and scary situation - I have Dive assure, at their top level of coverage, and feel VERY confident. Dive assure is underwritten by one of the largest most respected insureres...AIG...
They are also primary insurance, not secondary like DAN. By the way, I have DAN insurance as well. But really - Dive Assure is real, and has a very very solid rep.

thanks

ParrotheadDiver
05-05-2008, 10:55
I echo what abcitydiver says....I have a friend who owns and operates a dive op in cozumel and Dive Assure is who she uses......:smiley20:

Sparkyvett
05-05-2008, 13:02
I just recently got DiveAssure Platinum.

LCFrigon
05-08-2008, 08:55
Thanks for all the help everyone....will be goin with the Diveassure since DAN Korea looks a little hokey.