PDA

View Full Version : evolution vs evolution 2

Kidder
05-03-2008, 17:47
I have been eyeing evolution on close out deals. I am wondering what they have improved with the evolution 2 and even if I should consider an evolution on close out?

SHAGGY
05-05-2008, 17:34
I cant seem to find where I have read it but I have read the EVO2 is far superior to the older EVO suit. Pinnacle supposedly has added alot more features to the EVO2 and really improved the quality of the suits.

shaggy

fireflock
05-05-2008, 18:00
They are different suits, the Evo 2 isn't really just version 2 of the Evo. The Evo is a back entry suit with a less stiff but still pretty durable fabric.

The Evo2 is a front entry with a stiffer even more durable fabric.

A diver could make a strong case for either suit, depending on what they planned to do with it.

The Evo does has less bells and whistles, and has a cheaper price to go along with that.

RoyN
05-06-2008, 01:11
The Evolution 2 can be custom made like having neoprene socks instead of the boots, have a urine zipper relief, and many more. As for the Evolution, I would rather get the number 2 also because of its front zipper entry.

BORG
05-06-2008, 12:28
The Evolution 2 can be custom made like having neoprene socks instead of the boots, have a urine zipper relief, and many more. As for the Evolution, I would rather get the number 2 also because of its front zipper entry.

Have you dove your EVO2 yet? If you have, please give me a full review if you will.

My custom EVO2 should be in by the end of the month.

THANKS!!!

RoyN
05-08-2008, 14:10
If I do give you a review BORG, its probably gonna be a biase review because I have never used a DUI drysuit. :p

But have to saw, Pinnacles stick by their pinnacles 100% for sure.

georoc01
05-08-2008, 15:38
Yeah, I have dove an Evo2 a number of times and am leaning on buying that way, but don't have enough experience with other suits to compare. I did like the front zipper and it kept me dry in a number of different undergarment combinations depending on the water temp.

The only thing for me was that the hood didn't fit me very well in water temps where I needed it. However, if I owned it, I would have been able to customize it to fit my face better. It put quite a bit of pressure on my jaw/cheeks.

BORG
05-08-2008, 20:53
If I do give you a review BORG, its probably gonna be a biase review because I have never used a DUI drysuit. :p

But have to saw, Pinnacles stick by their pinnacles 100% for sure.

I'll take that as a yes that you like your EVO2. That's what I wanted to hear. I tried on a DUI 450 at my LDS back in Dec. very nice suit, but far too pricey. I figure I can add other options to the EVO2 like dry gloves later on if I wanted to.