PDA

View Full Version : May 10 at Oronogo

DivingCRNA
05-04-2008, 20:55
Hey all you DDCN divers! DW and I plan on being at Oronogo on May 10th. i have new drysuit seals and a p-valve to try out and DW needs to get accustomed to his drysuit.

At least come to watch the fun!

Gate opens at 0900 and we will be there. Maybe we can meet up for breakfast at the near by sh!t and git!

Come join the fun!

navyhmc
05-04-2008, 23:00
Cool!

I know I will be there...That is IF you and DW will allow a lowly wet diver to join the ranks of the great and mighty dry divers... :D

Hopefully, medicdiver will get ot come as well. We were going to try and make it this weekend, but "Honey-do's" got the best of both of us. :(

Brandon Belew
05-05-2008, 06:50
I'll probably come, depending on the finances

cummings66
05-05-2008, 16:09
Two words, Rochester Wideband. My buddy used another brand and lets just say he's cleaning his wetsuit.:smiley11:

KennyD
05-05-2008, 18:24
I'm going to try and make it down again. I spent the past weekend doing my Dry Suit Cert. and had a blast! Dove with some really good people from my LDS and loved Jeff's dry suit! Thanks again!

maverick
05-06-2008, 00:20
I'll B on my way 2 Florida

navyhmc
05-06-2008, 20:36
Hoo-Yaa!

I will be there for sure. I will be heading down from Wichita early Sat AM but plan on being there around 9:00-I hope.

I have to work Sunday night, but will plan on Saturday dives and maybe 2 sunday morning before I have to head back for work.

DivingCRNA
05-10-2008, 19:55
3 dives done.

One to the Lincoln Divers sign.

One to the Armageddon!

One support dive for 2 guys finishing deep tech.

Soonerwink
05-10-2008, 20:14
What was the vis and temps today? I haven't been there since opening weekend and temps were 48. That's a little cold for a wet diver like myself. The lakes around this area is in such bad shape right now I was thinking of trying to make it to Oronogo of maybe Murruy next weekend.

texdiveguy
05-10-2008, 20:24
What was the vis and temps today? I haven't been there since opening weekend and temps were 48. That's a little cold for a wet diver like myself. The lakes around this area is in such bad shape right now I was thinking of trying to make it to Oronogo of maybe Murruy next weekend.

Had a buddy go up to Murray today...but have not heard from him regarding his findings...if I hear I will let you know!

texdiveguy
05-10-2008, 20:25
3 dives done.

One to the Armageddon!

So...curious....what does 2 deep tech students need with a support diver?

DivingCRNA
05-10-2008, 20:50
3 dives done.

One to the Armageddon!

Someone to hang at 85 feet wearing doubles in case anything goes wrong and breathing gas is needed. Or for rescue by a diver without a deco obligation.

It should take a lot going wrong for a support diver to be needed, but it is nice when they are there. As it was, I spent time looking at a wall in the dark waiting for guys to come up and hung out with them on their deco stops. Their first deep stop was at 90 feet.

DivingCRNA
05-10-2008, 20:52

49 degrees and terrible vis. There has been a lot of rain. It was VERY dark at 85 feet.

Even darker deeper....:whistle:

Dark Wolf
05-10-2008, 20:58
I am sure that I don't know what you may be talking about!:smiley2: We didn't go deep!

DW

texdiveguy
05-10-2008, 21:35
3 dives done.

One to the Armageddon!

Someone to hang at 85 feet wearing doubles in case anything goes wrong and breathing gas is needed. Or for rescue by a diver without a deco obligation.

It should take a lot going wrong for a support diver to be needed, but it is nice when they are there. As it was, I spent time looking at a wall in the dark waiting for guys to come up and hung out with them on their deco stops. Their first deep stop was at 90 feet.

I know what a support diver is-thanks....just an unusual thing for a 'deep tech' class in a quarry dive setting to have one. In most training situations at this level it is a technical divemaster that performs this roll throught the dive exercise.

texdiveguy
05-10-2008, 21:58
I am sure that I don't know what you may be talking about!:smiley2: We didn't go deep!

DW

So are you one of the 2 newbie tech students in this class? If so what did you experience on your dive/s?

DivingCRNA
05-10-2008, 21:59
3 dives done.

One to the Armageddon!

I know what a support diver is-thanks....just an unusual thing for a 'deep tech' class in a quarry dive setting to have one. In most training situations at this level it is a technical divemaster that performs this roll throught the dive exercise.

I am a divemaster candidate. It was part of my DM internship.

texdiveguy
05-10-2008, 22:06
3 dives done.

One to the Armageddon!

Ok....that still seems a stretch for PADI to allow a DMC to be directly involved in a DSAT o/w tech dive exercise.

navyhmc
05-10-2008, 22:32
A good time was had by all-or at least me! :D

DW and Dving CRNA were kind enough to put up with a wet diver for the day. It was going ok until Don went about marking his territory which included the area around my truck.

I had a great time with them and would loke to go again. Yes, the visib was very creappy-creapy and crappy at the same time.

The support/safety was interesting. Kind of like EMS work hang around and hope your not needed. It got a little cold while just hangin around-got to work on my bouyancy and position a little while waiting. It was a little eerie when we got to around 70' and it was literally pitch black save the light we brought. Diving CRNA's LED beat the hell out of my halogen. Maybe time to invest in a new light or two.

The most interesting thing was Little Wolf going swimming in the 65f water with just a suit on while waiting for us.

Thanks again DW, LW, CRNA amd Clay Walker.

Dark Wolf
05-11-2008, 05:31
texdiveguy, no I was not one of the students.

navyhmc, was good to dive with you again. Had a great time! LW is tougher than I am, I would probably not have been swimming!!

Was good to see you all again!

DW

texdiveguy
05-11-2008, 06:56
That is great you folks all got to hook-up and enjoy the day diving....does not get much better! In reading you guys posts does sound like the vis is off a bit from norm. (heck like I know....been several years for me). I need to wander up that way one of these spring weekends myself and get wet! :)

DivingCRNA
05-11-2008, 07:45
3 dives done.

One to the Armageddon!

Ok....that still seems a stretch for PADI to allow a DMC to be directly involved in a DSAT o/w tech dive exercise.

It is not really addressed in the standards. If PADI balked at it, I would not really care. I did not need the dive that bad. It was my last continuing ed dive for the minimum. I am sure I will do another before my DM class is done.

In any case, I would have been a support diver just because my friend/instructor asked me to. All it cost me was a fill on my doubles and a couple hours of time. I was at the quarry with no real time deadline to get home yesterday. :-)

clayhwalker
05-11-2008, 09:22
It was interesting how dark it gits around ?????? feet. :) It was a great learning dive for DW and I since we were both trying to get the dry suit trim and boyancy down just right. We also learned a good lesson in pre-dive planning, and how to plan for diffrent situations such as being seperated in a 0 vis situation. All in all it was a great day of diving and i look forward to doing it again real soon.

Brandon Belew
05-11-2008, 21:22
Damn the prior obligations :/ Wish I could have came!

Oh but the marriage thing is behind me now - and get this... i'm getting like 800$ for a freelance coding job here pretty soon... and the wifey told me to buy a pony bottle / reg :D