PDA

View Full Version : ikelite PC Series LED Lights

beluga
05-05-2008, 22:21
Anyone try these yet?

IKELITE LED PC-SERIES LITES (http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/3pc_led.html)

beluga
06-07-2008, 10:31
I now have the PCa LED light (green). Yes, I got it from ScubaToys. I didn't get it in time for my last dive trip. I will try to remember to post a review after I get to try it out.

Largo
06-07-2008, 11:52
I have a PCa, and it leaks like crazy.

Ikelite blew me off, as did the LDS I bought it from.

I will not buy another one.

DOWNDEEP73
06-07-2008, 12:04
I have one....no problems YET!

IndyDiver
06-07-2008, 12:27
I just got a PCm LED to use for a backup light as a gift. It seems like a nice light. It is very bright and has a nice usable beam pattern with a good hot spot in the middle. I havn't had it in the water yet, so all I can say is it works great in my backyard.

Ikelite is headquartered here in Indy, so if I have the problems Largo did, I'll just drive over, knock on their door, and :zx11pissed:

Coaster
07-15-2008, 21:54
I have used a PCa for three years without any problems. Just got the LED from ScubaToys (they said they just got them in the store) and used it last weekend...really good illumination and operates the same as the smaller PCa. I like them.

oddbod
07-15-2008, 22:40
Anyone know if there is a conversion kit?

harshcontentwriter
09-24-2008, 00:35
I am also using IKELITE LED PC-SERIES, LED lights (http://shop.imaginationlighting.com/store/) from many years not came across any problem. Highly efficient drivers yield an LED lifespan of 50 - 100 times the life of standard incandescent lamps, making replacement bulbs virtually obsolete. These LED's maintain their maximum brightness level much longer and without the low-battery dimming effect noticed in tradational lights.

IndyDiver
09-24-2008, 07:15
Just a followup...

The PCm totally flooded out on its second time getting wet (The first time was in a pool). It lasted all the way to 38 feet before filling up with water!

I sent it to Ikelite, and they sent me a free replacement with no questions. Total turnaround time of 4 days, so pretty good warrenty service.

This one stayed dry at 72 feet, so we'll see how it goes. I don't really like the slip/clip-on front part - in the future, I think I'll stick with the UK lights with screw on fronts.

Defman
09-24-2008, 08:40
I have a Halogen PCm that I love, but I played with the LED version at a store the other day and I might just be getting one of those. The PCm's are great little pocket lights, I use it all of the time to look under & into stuff while diving.

FWIW, I've never had any problems with mine... except the one I lost when the bottom fell out of my BC pocket, not really Ikelite's fault.:smiley2: