PDA

View Full Version : Spar/Aeolus Saturday 5/3/2008

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
05-06-2008, 08:03
Viz 40-50 ft. 68 degrees at the hang bar, 66 degrees at the sand. Current very slight. Computer registered 103 fsw max and 30 minutes dive time on both dives.

The Spar had 10 very curious sand tigers hanging around the bow, while I saw a lone 10 footer patrolling the Aeolus. One of the mates shot a nice grouper during the SI but the flounder were too small to take.

Random observations:
1. It's much harder to suit up in a hurry on a crowded pitching boat than it is to suit up at leisure on a pic-nic table at the quarry.
2. I need a p-valve.

I was a little stressed trying to get kitted up before the dive to the Spar because I had to partially doff my suit to go pee. My insta-buddies were ready to splash and I fogot to put my weight belt on before my harness. Habit takes over when you are in a hurry. I don't wear a belt in fresh water. I got my mask strap twisted and dropped my gloves. By the time I hit the water I was breathing pretty hard. Still managed a decent 30 minute dive because I was wearing a 120. Once I was down at the wreck and saw that the sandies weren't going to eat me for lunch I finally relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the dive.

The dive on the Aeolus was just a great dive. I made a nice slow ascent through a huge school of AJs. And somebody turned off the wave machine while I was down there. Splashed with 4 ft seas, came back to 2 ft seas.

The ride was very choppy on the way out, quite a few people were chumming or almost chumming even before we got there. Ride was very smooth on the way in.

doczerothree
05-07-2008, 11:01
Nice dive!! report.

Scotttyd
05-14-2008, 21:44
Viz 40-50 ft. 68 degrees at the hang bar, 66 degrees at the sand. Current very slight. Computer registered 103 fsw max and 30 minutes dive time on both dives.

The Spar had 10 very curious sand tigers hanging around the bow, while I saw a lone 10 footer patrolling the Aeolus. One of the mates shot a nice grouper during the SI but the flounder were too small to take.

Random observations:
1. It's much harder to suit up in a hurry on a crowded pitching boat than it is to suit up at leisure on a pic-nic table at the quarry.
2. I need a p-valve.

I was a little stressed trying to get kitted up before the dive to the Spar because I had to partially doff my suit to go pee. My insta-buddies were ready to splash and I fogot to put my weight belt on before my harness. Habit takes over when you are in a hurry. I don't wear a belt in fresh water. I got my mask strap twisted and dropped my gloves. By the time I hit the water I was breathing pretty hard. Still managed a decent 30 minute dive because I was wearing a 120. Once I was down at the wreck and saw that the sandies weren't going to eat me for lunch I finally relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the dive.

The dive on the Aeolus was just a great dive. I made a nice slow ascent through a huge school of AJs. And somebody turned off the wave machine while I was down there. Splashed with 4 ft seas, came back to 2 ft seas.

The ride was very choppy on the way out, quite a few people were chumming or almost chumming even before we got there. Ride was very smooth on the way in.
I think I saw this post before, but a different name:smiley2:

05-15-2008, 18:16

And a different forum :) Why should my name be the same everywhere?

Scotttyd
05-17-2008, 01:07

It is the only way I can remember all of my passwords and logins, you know us drug dealers are not the best computer guys.

rktman26
05-17-2008, 19:58
Who did you go out with?

I've done the Aeolus/Spar with Discovery. Both were very cool dives.

05-19-2008, 12:42
Who did you go out with?

I've done the Aeolus/Spar with Discovery. Both were very cool dives.

It was Discovery. Boat was Sea Quest II.

05-19-2008, 12:51

It is the only way I can remember all of my passwords and logins, you know us drug dealers are not the best computer guys.

Are you implying that if I crack one of your accounts I've cracked them all? :icon_smile_wink: I've helped run a web site before and the owner had been print out a report of all his users and their passwords. I do try to mix it up a bit because of that experience. But the truth is I had trouble getting my account activated at NCDivers. In my attempts I created several accounts and that other user ID is the one they activated. Once I had a working account I decided it wasn't worth trying to get them to change my user ID to match my other scuba user ids. Joeforbroke is my chess ID because it describes my style: sacrificial attacks that must work or I lose. I'm quite a bit more careful under the water than over the chess board.

Scotttyd
05-19-2008, 15:50
[quote=Scotttyd;172818] I think I saw this post before, but a different name:smiley2:

Are you implying that if I crack one of your accounts I've cracked them all? :icon_smile_wink: quote]

The problem is that at work alone I have 3 different log-ins, then between my bank, 403b, ira (and my wifes of each of these) it gets confusing. So, the smart one I am, I wrote them all down incase I forget, so if anyone breaks into my house, I hope they do not look in the safe:smiley13:

05-19-2008, 18:04
[quote=Scotttyd;172818] I think I saw this post before, but a different name:smiley2:

Are you implying that if I crack one of your accounts I've cracked them all? :icon_smile_wink: quote]

The problem is that at work alone I have 3 different log-ins, then between my bank, 403b, ira (and my wifes of each of these) it gets confusing. So, the smart one I am, I wrote them all down incase I forget, so if anyone breaks into my house, I hope they do not look in the safe:smiley13:

Yes, there is no way to win. :smiley36: