PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northern MO

cummings66
07-10-2007, 16:44
Hello people,

Names Matt and I live in Moberly MO. I dive mostly down south in places like Table Rock and Beaver Lake. There's a few quarries in Central MO I dive as well, plus the odd lake or beach.

For the most part, all cold water diving and no intentions of diving anyplace I can see more than 30 or 40 feet...http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif

SiscoKid
07-10-2007, 17:52
Have you been up to Caption Johns Blue hole Oronoga Mo., an old led mining district http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/CaptainJohnsOrogonoMO.html

cummings66
07-10-2007, 18:58
Yup, been there done that. I'll dive the lakes over that most any time, of course there are a couple things that would make it a choice to dive, i.e. it's got a cavern and is deep enough for technical dive training in a safe spot.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>That ramp on the other hand is fun.</DIV>

Splitlip
12-22-2011, 17:55
Hi Matt. Welcome.

chinacat46
12-22-2011, 17:59
Hi Matt. Welcome.

Tim you dipping into the eggnog already?

Splitlip
12-22-2011, 18:36
LOL. I was just feeling merry. But now that Merry has gone home, I thought I would surf.

I replied to Matt's post, because now, 3.5 years later it seems he is coming to Jupiter sometime in the near future. He'll be the 6th Scubatoyer I have met face to face.

yodelhawk
12-23-2011, 06:36
From one Newbie to the next... Welcome

snagel
12-23-2011, 07:59
What an old post, somebody must really be bored digging this up. Funny, Matt now has over 4,000 posts and hasn't really been on the forum in the last year.

I've met Matt and dove with him, great guy. You'll enjoy the diving if he makes down to Florida. So, Split I guess we a 1 degree apart if this happens. Hopefully, I can make it down sometime. I've been promising Mark for several years now that I'm going to make a trip down to see you guys.

Snagel

Splitlip
12-23-2011, 09:55
I hope conditions are good. Mark's the one putting it together.

snagel
12-24-2011, 09:25
Yep, ask Mark about the time he drug us down to dive a quarry by his house. He'll get a laugh out of that one.

Snagel

Splitlip
12-24-2011, 11:30
Was that the "tree" incident? I certainly got a laugh out of that one.

I did a a quarry dive ONCE while going to school in Indiana. Never again.I should have known better as I had once snorkeled in a Pa. lake. I water skied ONCE in freshwater. I have issues with freshwater for some reason. Might be because I grew up in Queens and on Long Island. My Grandparents in the mean time had a Winter home in Juno Beach Fl. I spent a lot of time there. My first SCUBA experience was at 12 years old in the Atlantic off Long Island. I was certed off Palm Beach in gin clear saltwater and now I am back.

Sorry. Don't want anybody to think I'm being cocky. In fact I think cold water divers are better than us wimps. Fact is the first BHB dive I did with Mark and Amanda, I let him lead. Palm Beach drift divers are not the best navigators. Surface and the boat is there. You may need to know East and west, but that can be determined from the sun's position, the direction of the current and water depth. Many don't even carry a compass.

Look forward to seeing you Steve.