PDA

View Full Version : Larry, Help Me with this please.

james.earnhardt
08-04-2007, 23:32
Larry, How many of us really know the Scuba Toys staff? I have a game that will help new users as well as others meet your staff using the webcams. I was even thinking that you could get involved and maybe the user that identifies you or answers the most clues about you could win a shirt or gift card or something.

The game could be played like this. Each day post a clue about one of your staff members, not really a detailed explaination but some round about clues. Then at the end of the day see who may have answered correctly and who the staff member was.

For example, today this member got out of bed came to work wearing red. He can be found doing many task but frequents the area around the mask....who is it?

See I can't answer that because I am new here and don't know the team.

I was thinking making your clue a lot harder and you really don't have to give a prize. I think the real reward here would be meeting the staff and seeing all of the hard work being done. Let me know if we can get this going.

Thanks Paul Earnhardt

ScubaToys Larry
08-05-2007, 08:30
Well, I thought about that... but I think the problem might be that there are only a handful of us... So if I put a clue out there, really quick, people would just guess... Joe... Larry... Joey.. Ricky... etc.

How about an idea of doing sorta' the same thing with members. But make it 20 questions kind of game. The original poster will only answer yes or no.

For example...

I'm thinking of a board member.

Is it a girl?

Yes

Is she in the US?

Yes.

Does she use an air integrated computer?

No... etc...

If a question gets asked that you're not sure of... you could PM the person and ask.

Kind of the same idea, except with over 600 members - it will stop the just guess 8 names and the game is over.

Let me know what you think!

james.earnhardt
08-05-2007, 11:08
I like that idea and I think it will allow users to interact a little more. With over 600 members it will be fun. When do you think we should start? Also which member would jump first? If you need me to and once we figure out how this will work I can start the thread. Thanks Larry, talk to you later.

ScubaToys Larry
08-05-2007, 11:53
Sure... Start a new thread with some kind or title like: Guess the Board Member Game.

Then give the instructions - can only ask yes or no questions, etc... then just do the "I'm thinking of a board member."

I'll jump in with the first question... so pick a board member that you think you know something about and let's give this a shot!

TxHockeyGuy
08-05-2007, 22:55
Sure... Start a new thread with some kind or title like: Guess the Board Member Game.

Then give the instructions - can only ask yes or no questions, etc... then just do the "I'm thinking of a board member."

I'll jump in with the first question... so pick a board member that you think you know something about and let's give this a shot!

On a side note. I really wish there was a staff section to your site. I'm beginning to know everyone up there fairly well but many others are not. A simple picture for all your staff, Instructors, DM's, and EVEN TAs with even just a name would go a long way to helping some of us put a name with a face.

ScubaToys Larry
08-05-2007, 22:56
On a side note. I really wish there was a staff section to your site. I'm beginning to know everyone up there fairly well but many others are not. A simple picture for all your staff, Instructors, DM's, and EVEN TAs with even just a name would go a long way to helping some of us put a name with a face.

We have talked about that, and we'll try to get it happening in the next week.