PDA

View Full Version : Larry - How about a new discount for newlyweds?

bversteegh
08-05-2007, 00:28
My baby is getting married this January, and has taken her daddies offer from years ago that if she had a small wedding, I'd give her the money saved for a wedding present. I had pretty much forgotten the discussion, but she remembered. So they are having a small family only ceremony in Hawaii:smiley20::smiley20:

Obviously, the honeymoon will involve some diving; and her fiance is newly certified with no equipment yet (my daughter's gear needs some updating also)... So I am recommending another way to decrease your margins (but 2 new customers isn't all bad); while helping out a loyal customer in a time of need (may be a small ceremony, but Hawaii isn't cheap) - How about a special newlywed discount? Get-em hooked early - new customers for life:smiley2:

94GTStang
08-05-2007, 01:32
Hey, when I go on my honeymoon, how about a free trip for two on a liveaboard or another tropical vacation. You know, since I am a loyal customer :)

creggur
08-05-2007, 13:34
Newlywed shmewlywed..... Gettin' married is easy, how about those of us who have put up with........ahem... Have been happily married for more than a decade..We deserve the discount. Kind of a lifetime achievement award or something..:smiley2:

dallasdivergirl
08-05-2007, 14:31
how about one for those of us who are newly divorced?

we lost half of our income!

if both ex's remain loyal customers & get in new relationships with other divers you can multiple your business that way.

medic001918
08-05-2007, 14:52
I'll second the newlywed discount. We both dive and are getting married September 13. After paying for the wedding, it's been hard to find extra money to spend on diving...Congrats to your daughter. She's smart for remembering the conversation.

Shane

tx.lakerat
08-05-2007, 17:49
No second here.... use some of that wedding money that they get! My sister TOTALLY made out on her wedding... the rest of us NADA... guess that's the price for staying single!

Cichlid
08-05-2007, 17:54
I say you get a 10% discount. You choose the reason. :smiley20:

ScubaToys Larry
08-05-2007, 23:01

Sounds good to me!

And as far as the discount for divorce... You know why divorces cost so much right?

Because they're worth it! :smilie39:

Vercingetorix
08-06-2007, 14:56
And as far as the discount for divorce... You know why divorces cost so much right?

Because they're worth it! Spoken like a man who's been there...done that...got the t-shirt.

ReefHound
08-06-2007, 15:03

You're a girl, how come you didn't end up with your fair 9/10th of everything?

reservecops
08-06-2007, 20:50

You're a girl, how come you didn't end up with your fair 9/10th of everything?Actually, statistics show that men improve their economic status after a divorce, while women average a 30 percent drop in income that typically lasts for several years. In addition, most women retain custody of the children (and the costs), but of the women who are awarded custody and child support orders for same, about 25% of them never see a dime and another 25% only receive partial payments.

dallasdivergirl
08-06-2007, 21:46
reefhound he got the house, the art, the furniture. I was supposed to get a check every month. I have gotten a couple this year. the best thing i did get was a new start. I planned on being married forever, he had other ideas.

that just reinforces my need to not have kids. i did not want to be a single mom, I am not that strong.

I love them and thay are cute & fun plus they go home with their parents.

reservecops
08-06-2007, 22:31
reefhound he got the house, the art, the furniture. I was supposed to get a check every month. I have gotten a couple this year. the best thing i did get was a new start. I planned on being married forever, he had other ideas.I rest my case ...

Harshal
08-07-2007, 16:18

Sounds good to me!

Man you got tough bunch here............lol

booger
09-19-2007, 09:59
I am getting married in April and instead of registering for china and bath towels, we are registering for dive equipment. Yeah, some of the older guests aren't going to be thrilled with the idea. I however, think it's a great idea since it is something my fiance and I love to do togther. "The couple that plays together, stays together", right?

crpntr133
09-19-2007, 22:06
With ST's prices and the 10% I don't think you can ask for much more.

DolphinDreams
09-19-2007, 23:30

Sounds good to me!

So true!

course, you could always come to Vegas, mine cost $250 and was done in 5 days, final on Christmas Eve!

scuba Widow
09-20-2007, 00:17
After reading this thread I thought of a way that ST could make everybody happy engaged, married, divorced or otherwise...how about either a wishlist link or a registry like different stores...with the registry you could have wedding, baby, birthday, etc and still get your 10% discount.