PDA

View Full Version : Dive Paradise in Cozumel

diverdan_51
05-07-2008, 21:56
I've always used Dive Paradise during my few visits to Cozumel and have always been pleased with their service. Am I the only one to be happy with them? It seems that no one else has any good things to say about the operation. Maybe I was just lucky...

Diver Kat
05-07-2008, 23:21
I've always used Dive Paradise during my few visits to Cozumel and have always been pleased with their service. Am I the only one to be happy with them? It seems that no one else has any good things to say about the operation. Maybe I was just lucky...

I've never used them, when I first started diving, just always heard they ran a cattle boat op. But you can't be alone, they still seem to be doing just fine with plenty of business. To each their own - if you're happy, that's all that matters!

ReefHound
05-08-2008, 07:15
I've never used them, when I first started diving, just always heard they ran a cattle boat op. But you can't be alone, they still seem to be doing just fine with plenty of business. To each their own - if you're happy, that's all that matters!

There's the misconception, right there. They have a whole fleet of boats of assorted sizes. Two are large capacity "cattle" boats but they also have a half dozen smaller boats that carry about 6. They also offer a variety of diving options. A few years ago my buddies and I booked early AM 3-tank dives on a smaller boat and were usually on our second surface interval when the cattle boats headed out. We were back at the dock before noon.

TRACI
05-08-2008, 08:59
We usually dive with Papa Hogs, about a year ago we decided to try a new dive op, so we went with Dive Paradise, we had everything planned a couple of months in advance because we had a large group, a week worth of diving, Dive Paradise agreed that we could only pay for one day of diving in advance to see how we like there service. We arrive on the island and they wanted us to pay for all of our diving in advance, NO Refunds for any reason, including any weather related issues.

So to make a long story short, we walked away with not doing any diving with them, went to Papa Hogs, and Margaret was wonderful and worked about 13 divers in for a weeks worth of diving. So a good lesson learned that there a some dive ops are all about the $$$ and no customer service.

OilfieldTrash
05-08-2008, 16:36
I've used Dive Paradise twice before and am using them again in just a couple of weeks. I had no probelms in the past, so no reason to change...just hope I get to dive the wreck of the "Tombo".

georoc01
05-08-2008, 17:21
I dove with Dive Paradise back in March and was very pleased with their service. Like was said above, just about every option you can put together with fast boats, slow boats, early boats, afternoon boats, and evening boats.

I dive a larger tank for the deeper dives, and no problem with 100cf tanks. They also put a videographer on our boat one day and sold the videos afterwards for $75 if you wanted them.

I am going to use them again in June.

Athena2c
05-08-2008, 22:11
just hope I get to dive the wreck of the "Tombo".
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

mwhities
05-12-2008, 12:31
My brother-in-law and I will be using Dive Paradise as well in October. He used them the last time he was there and he can't say enough good things about them.

I'll definitely post in here with my experience once we get back.

Michael

cleansweep13
05-16-2008, 22:15
I have dived with Dive Paradise many times. Never had a problem and provided what I expected. If you want fast boats, I think it is an extra $5.00. I usually dove on the slow boats. I just need water to be happy.

dannybot
05-18-2008, 11:37
We went with them in Dec '06, we were happy with them. It was our firts trip and we took the kids (12 & 14 at the time), they helped keep up with them (the older is a very fast swimmer), while still making the diving rewarding and challenging. There were many people that we dove with who were very experienced (a couple instructors, pro diver and marine biologist), none of them complained about us holding them back (we asked). There may be a lot of people on the boat, but there is plenty of room and they always kept the goups to a safe size. Most of their boats make good speed, except a couple of their oldest "Caribbean" boats, which they were planning on phasing out in the next couple of months, so those old, slow boats should be out of the fleet by now.