PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Toys post gift certificates?

wolfen42
05-08-2008, 11:38
My post count is starting to get close to 250 and I mentioned to my wife that ST gives out a $50 gift certificate to people when they hit 250. Now she wants to create an account too. Would she also be able to get her own gift certificates or are they a 1 per family sort of thing?

ertechsg
05-08-2008, 12:02
I per person plus she counts as a refferal to you

wolfen42
05-08-2008, 12:19

A referral? How does that work?

DOWNDEEP73
05-08-2008, 12:37

wolfen42-I think you are determined to hit 250 by 5:00 pm today? Huh?

wolfen42
05-08-2008, 12:41

I have no idea what you're talking about. I couldn't possibly be trying to get that gift certificate for the miflex hose and octo order I'm planning on putting in today.. (which may end up also containing a couple bcds at the rate things are going :) )

DOWNDEEP73
05-08-2008, 12:42
What you planning on getting with the $50?

DOWNDEEP73
05-08-2008, 12:42
You slipped the answer in before I could Ask it!

DOWNDEEP73
05-08-2008, 12:47

I have no idea what you're talking about. I couldn't possibly be trying to get that gift certificate for the miflex hose and octo order I'm planning on putting in today.. (which may end up also containing a couple bcds at the rate things are going :) )
What kind of BCD are you looking to get?

wolfen42
05-08-2008, 12:51

I'm seriously tempted by that Zeagle Escape actually. I was originally going to put together a BP/W setup but I really like the idea of a Scout with some additional weight capacity added to it. Especially with the amount of diving we'll be doing with 14mm on our cores and 7mm on our limbs... :)

DOWNDEEP73
05-08-2008, 12:55

I'm seriously tempted by that Zeagle Escape actually. I was originally going to put together a BP/W setup but I really like the idea of a Scout with some additional weight capacity added to it. Especially with the amount of diving we'll be doing with 14mm on our cores and 7mm on our limbs... :)
I think that you can not go wrong with Zeagle product.....excellent quality and excellent customer service. I own a Zeagle 911 and love it.....even with a 65 lb. bladder.

wolfen42
05-08-2008, 12:58

I think that you can not go wrong with Zeagle product.....excellent quality and excellent customer service. I own a Zeagle 911 and love it.....even with a 65 lb. bladder.

Wow! 65lbs? Does hunting gear weigh a lot?

DOWNDEEP73
05-08-2008, 13:02
NO.....I got a great deal from a diver who had to stop diving because of heart related issues. 65lb bladder is overkill, but I adjusted to it well. It list for $700+ Dollars and I got for $300....It looks and operates perfect. I just don't fill the bladder up full and lean back on the surface.

elijahb
05-08-2008, 14:11

Wow! 65lbs? Does hunting gear weigh a lot?

what type of diving would you need a 65 pound blader with?
My only thought is diving with a rebreather and side mount tanks while doing search and recovery (taking apart a wreck under water)

DOWNDEEP73
05-08-2008, 14:22
The Zeagle 911 was designed for basically Public Safety Divers.
I thought about getting the smaller Ranger (44lb) type bladder for it.....but after several dives....I decided it works just fine for me.

Black-Gorrilla
05-08-2008, 16:15
i agree with the previous "you cant go wrong with zeagle" post...
just call them to place an order and tell them what diving your gonna be doing and what you wear etc... and they can offer some god suggestions to you, and make sure you're happy with what u buy.

mm2002
05-08-2008, 19:14
i agree with the previous "you cant go wrong with zeagle" post...
just call them to place an order and tell them what diving your gonna be doing and what you wear etc... and they can offer some god suggestions to you, and make sure you're happy with what u buy.

"god suggestions"? Wow, very spiritual are they? :smiley36:

DaneMeyer20
06-16-2008, 22:17
So whats this deal with a referral fee? not to get back on subject or anything.

mm2002
06-17-2008, 07:03
So whats this deal with a referral fee? not to get back on subject or anything.

Thanks for digging this one up! I was the thread killer until you came along and saved me! :smiley36:

Vercingetorix
06-17-2008, 07:42
So whats this deal with a referral fee? not to get back on subject or anything.When friends of yours register using the link provided in your Profile, you receive a Referral Point, which you collect for valuable prizes. For instance, for each 1,000 points, Larry may send you a PM to thank you. At 10,000, he may post a public Thank You in the Surface Interval sub-forum. Or not.

Quite the feather in the cap, or dive hood, for any aspiring diver here. So...get crackin'

digitalman
07-01-2008, 13:17
So whats this deal with a referral fee? not to get back on subject or anything.When friends of yours register using the link provided in your Profile, you receive a Referral Point, which you collect for valuable prizes. For instance, for each 1,000 points, Larry may send you a PM to thank you. At 10,000, he may post a public Thank You in the Surface Interval sub-forum. Or not.

Quite the feather in the cap, or dive hood, for any aspiring diver here. So...get crackin'

How many points do you get for a referral? What other ways are there to get these points?

ScubaToys Larry
07-01-2008, 13:33
There are no cool points... they were just pulling your leg. When we first started we ran a contest for who could get the most referrals who then generated the most new posts - but it turned into a bunch of people getting friends who could care less about scuba to post a gillion "Oh really... thanks for that post!", "Huh... you don't say?" "Oh, I never thought of that!" types of stuff. Really doesn't help the content of the forum.

So we stopped that promotion. At this point - it's one of those things, if you enjoy the forum - we hope you will tell friends about it and they will want to be here too.

Vercingetorix
07-01-2008, 13:50
Yes, I was just having some fun. I apologize to you and Larry if I caused confusion here. I pulled those outlandish numbers out of my as...I mean, wetsuit, because there aren't that many people on the forum.

diver 85
07-09-2008, 22:02

Ditto on a Zeagle, very good product line......

diver 85
07-09-2008, 22:06
The Zeagle 911 was designed for basically Public Safety Divers.
I thought about getting the smaller Ranger (44lb) type bladder for it.....but after several dives....I decided it works just fine for me.

Bet it works fine if you're diving quad steel 130's or even overwighted by about 180#'s........