PDA

View Full Version : Ironman...

Black-Gorrilla
05-08-2008, 19:13
Well, the ironman movie came out a few days ago... and im sure someone other than me has seen it...
what did you guys think of it?

i personally though that this was the first superhero movie that did not upset me (other than the typical batman and superman which is always pretty good)
it's very well made and looks great. and they ruin a very nice car in this movie (which has to be sponsored by audi... since you see alot of them in it... R8, A5, Q7)

your thoughts?

Jaymeany
05-08-2008, 19:15
Amazing!! if you go see it and like comics stay until after the credits.

mm2002
05-08-2008, 19:17
Damn, I thought this was about the Black Sabbath tune. I love that tune! oh yes, and I love Ozzy too.

Dieseler
05-08-2008, 19:49
I saw it and was entertained. It was one of the better Marvel movies IMO.

And yes, they destroyed a nice car... knew they would cause they always destroy THAT car! ( Cause well, they can get cheap kits instead of the real thing)

Splitlip
05-08-2008, 20:00
I am looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of Marvel, Stan Lee, the original Avengers and Ironman.

Zyxistal
05-08-2008, 20:11
I really like it. They did a better job on this than all the other Marvel movies lately.

snagel
05-08-2008, 20:15
Went and seen it last weekend. Wife drug me to it. It was good, but when will they come up with an original idea for a movie. As I watched the previews for upcoming movies most of them were based on remakes or another superhero comic coming to the big screen. It started as a joke when I told my wife another superhero remake after "The Hulk" preview and then another and another.

BTW - When did going to the movies get so damn expensive? How do kids do it? My wife, son, and me - $8.00 each entry. Popcorn and drinks - $26.00. Wow $50 to go to the movies???????

S. Nagel

Black-Gorrilla
05-08-2008, 20:54
Went and seen it last weekend. Wife drug me to it. It was good, but when will they come up with an original idea for a movie. As I watched the previews for upcoming movies most of them were based on remakes or another superhero comic coming to the big screen. It started as a joke when I told my wife another superhero remake after "The Hulk" preview and then another and another.

BTW - When did going to the movies get so damn expensive? How do kids do it? My wife, son, and me - $8.00 each entry. Popcorn and drinks - $26.00. Wow $50 to go to the movies???????

S. Nagel

it aint cheap...
10 bux here in miami...
figuere me and a girl... 20+food... (not movie food... diner) 100 bux for a date.
money that should be spent on scuba toys and car stuff and poker.

i heard about after the credits... but forgot at the time and the girl was gnaging at me too... so i left.
PM me what happens please.

spatman
05-08-2008, 21:12
When did going to the movies get so damn expensive? How do kids do it? My wife, son, and me - $8.00 each entry. Popcorn and drinks - $26.00. Wow $50 to go to the movies???????

S. Nagel

a loooooong time ago, my friend. in some places, $8 is the matinee admission. when i lived down near San Francisco, some theaters were $12 for a regular ticket. i can't image what it is in NYC these days...

thor
05-09-2008, 09:26

Ironman and I go way back.

This movie is probably the best comic book movie done so far. ( Until they do one about me) The c.g.i. looked realistic, and the soundtrack is great. I thought it was interesting how they updated the villains from Vietnam to Afghanistan. Great cast.

Somebody clued me in on the secret preview, played after the credits. Can't wait for the next one. .

When did going to the movies get so damn expensive? How do kids do it? My wife, son, and me - $8.00 each entry. Popcorn and drinks - $26.00. Wow $50 to go to the movies???????

S. Nagel

a loooooong time ago, my friend. in some places, $8 is the matinee admission. when i lived down near San Francisco, some theaters were $12 for a regular ticket. i can't image what it is in NYC these days...

NYC is about the same. $11.75 a ticket. $8 for matinee.

No Misses
05-09-2008, 09:34

S. Nagel

You forgot to mention the $100 for 4 gallons of gas to get there and back.

georoc01
05-09-2008, 12:18
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit when I saw it last week. Yeah, it was $8 for a matinee. Definitely build up the Regal points for free food and drink. Only buy a bottle of water otherwise and go next door to the Jazz club with 1/2 price happy hour appetizers.

I like how they brought Tony Stark from the 60's into the modern day. And I liked the Stan Lee Cameo.

BTW, Tony Stark is going to be in the Hulk Movie, as well as an Iron Man sequel and the Avengers in the future.

Murloc
05-09-2008, 13:44
going out for a movie has gotten stupid expensive, especially for a family of 4 like mine....tickets, drinks, popcorn or nachos, etc and no guarantee that the movie will even be good

we like to wait for it to hit DVD and watch it at home...although some movies are made for the big screen...I think we're gonna watch the new Indiana Jones movie in the theater for example

and is it me or does it seem that movies are getting to DVD a lot quicker nowadays? it used to be a year to 18 months before you'd see it on DVD...now it seems like 6 months or even quicker sometimes

Beaucoupfishies
05-09-2008, 13:48
going out for a movie has gotten stupid expensive, especially for a family of 4 like mine....tickets, drinks, popcorn or nachos, etc and no guarantee that the movie will even be good

we like to wait for it to hit DVD and watch it at home...although some movies are made for the big screen...I think we're gonna watch the new Indiana Jones movie in the theater for example

and is it me or does it seem that movies are getting to DVD a lot quicker nowadays? it used to be a year to 18 months before you'd see it on DVD...now it seems like 6 months or even quicker sometimes

Definitely. I think they've realized the sooner they get it out, the more the movie is still in people's minds so the more likely they are to buy it. Plus now that there's no VHS, it's probably a lot easier to mass produce.

georoc01
05-09-2008, 14:13

Yes, the summer movies will be out on DVD by Christmas.

But some movies like the summer blockbusters are better on the big screen. There are also discount 'B' theaters that will have most of these movies in a month or two anyway as there is a big release just about every weekend.

Iron Man, then Speed Racer, Then Prince Caspian, and Indiana Jones. And that's just May.

Splitlip
05-09-2008, 16:29
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit when I saw it last week. Yeah, it was $8 for a matinee. Definitely build up the Regal points for free food and drink. Only buy a bottle of water otherwise and go next door to the Jazz club with 1/2 price happy hour appetizers.

I like how they brought Tony Stark from the 60's into the modern day. And I liked the Stan Lee Cameo.

BTW, Tony Stark is going to be in the Hulk Movie, as well as an Iron Man sequel and the Avengers in the future.

Which Avenger team?

My favs: Giant(ant)man. Captain America, The Mighty Thor, Wasp and Ironman.

Clanggedin
05-09-2008, 21:39

Ironman and I go way back.

This movie is probably the best comic book movie done so far. ( Until they do one about me) The c.g.i. looked realistic, and the soundtrack is great. I thought it was interesting how they updated the villains from Vietnam to Afghanistan. Great cast.

Somebody clued me in on the secret preview, played after the credits. Can't wait for the next one. .

S. Nagel

NYC is about the same. $11.75 a ticket. $8 for matinee.

Well, Thor has been announced. It comes out June 2010. 2 months after Ironman 2. They also announced Capt. America and an Avenger movie for 2011.

Clanggedin
05-09-2008, 21:49

Which Avenger team?

My favs: Giant(ant)man. Captain America, The Mighty Thor, Wasp and Ironman.

They will probably do the Loki story and include the Hulk in the film.

Splitlip
05-09-2008, 21:53
Holy ****. I'll be in Asgard soon. (I was even a fan of Space Ghost)

Splitlip
05-09-2008, 21:54
Who is going to play Thor? Anyone know yet?

mitsuguy
05-09-2008, 21:58
Iron Man is definitely one of my favorite action movies of all time... the whole story is fast paced, keeps you hooked in, seems "believable" in a not too distant future kinda thought process... Stays true to the style of the Iron Man comics...

Black-Gorrilla
05-10-2008, 01:02
just got back from watching it again (helped a friend move out of the dorms at UM and they bought me dinner and we ended up at the movies)
still just as good as the first time.

Clanggedin
05-10-2008, 22:58

Rumors say either the WWE wrestler triple H or Kevin McKidd (Rome) are being seriously looked at for the part of thor.

Also from watching Ironman and discussing it with my brother, the Mandarin will be the villain in the second film. The Mandarin wears 10 rings of power and that is the name of the terrorist group in the movie.....

OK I just read that it will be a trilogy and he probably wont make an appearance until the 3rd film.

ratown
05-11-2008, 00:50
Well, the ironman movie came out a few days ago... and im sure someone other than me has seen it...
what did you guys think of it?

i personally though that this was the first superhero movie that did not upset me (other than the typical batman and superman which is always pretty good)
it's very well made and looks great. and they ruin a very nice car in this movie (which has to be sponsored by audi... since you see alot of them in it... R8, A5, Q7)

your thoughts?

It probably was sponsored by Audi. Transformers had the same thing going on with Chevrolet.

Black-Gorrilla
05-11-2008, 00:57

Rumors say either the WWE wrestler triple H or Kevin McKidd (Rome) are being seriously looked at for the part of thor.

Also from watching Ironman and discussing it with my brother, the Mandarin will be the villain in the second film. The Mandarin wears 10 rings of power and that is the name of the terrorist group in the movie.....

OK I just read that it will be a trilogy and he probably wont make an appearance until the 3rd film.

if triple H can act... he looks right for the part. if not... it's gonna be Tom Hanks for sure, cant think of anyone else that fits the roll http://imgs.pbnation.com/smilies/dodgy.gif

fire diver
05-11-2008, 01:51
I just got back from watching this movie. I thought it was GREAT! Very well done, the effects didn't seem hokie, and it had a good pace. I was kind of suprised though. When the bad guys were speaking Arabic, I could actually understand some of it. And as usual, the subtitles don't always match the exact meaning of the original language. But overall, it was an awesome movie. I will proabably buy it when it comes out on disc.

I wish I had seen this thread sooner. I didn't know about the post-credit scenes, and have since missed out. Anyone want to PM me what I missed?

Splitlip
05-11-2008, 06:47

Mandarin. Very cool!

Splitlip
05-11-2008, 06:48

if triple H can act... he looks right for the part. if not... it's gonna be Tom Hanks for sure, cant think of anyone else that fits the roll http://imgs.pbnation.com/smilies/dodgy.gif

Yeah, I can see Hanks as Dr. Blake. But Thor....

Jaymeany
05-11-2008, 07:46
this is what is after the credits.
Iron Man After Credits Rare Clip New (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1060147561747843545&q=ironman+credits&ei=yOwmSM_aNYmSrwK4tYiPCg&hl=en)

Splitlip
05-11-2008, 08:13
Iron Man After Credits Rare Clip New (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1060147561747843545&q=ironman+credits&ei=yOwmSM_aNYmSrwK4tYiPCg&hl=en)
:smiley20:

fire diver
05-11-2008, 09:59

Thanks for the clip!

DiverMAN
05-12-2008, 11:17
Ironman was definitely the best superhero movie yet. It ruled, and I hope the rumors about an Ironman trilogy are true...

skippy11
05-12-2008, 21:58
Loved it! Best Comic Book movie I've seen in a long time.

mitsuguy
05-13-2008, 00:10
just got back from seeing it for the second time... well worth the $19.00 the second time ($8.50 ticket, $10.50 drink/nachos)

sad thing is, I think I might have to see it one more time before it goes off the big screen...

the last time I liked a movie this much was like 13 years ago when Bad Boys came out...