PDA

View Full Version : New Equipment

YamilR
05-11-2008, 17:35
Hello Again, this week I'll be placing my first order for scuba equipment. I don't want to spend to much money so I'm torn between these 2 packages
Mares Sport Package, Packages: BC and Reg, Mares, Mares Sport Package (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=Mares_Sport_Package)

and

Kickin Aeris & Zeagle Package Brigade - Ranger/Escape Hybrid, BCDS: Men, Zeagle, Kickin Aeris & Zeagle Package Brigade - Ranger/Escape Hybrid (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=RangerPack)

Are they good for a beginner? which one will be easier for maintenance, also I'll be taking the classes to fix my own equipment so which one is more user friendly, can I buy a package of O rings or whatever need it for scheduled maintenance? Sorry if it sounds dumb but I haven't popped my cherry...in the water that is

Splitlip
05-11-2008, 17:54
My job is to bust Larry's balls.

I would say get the Mares package with the Zeagle BC. Or the Zeagle package with the Mares Regs. :)

I have had an MR12 for 8 or 9 years. Dependable and bullet proof. The Abyss second stage I believe is metal. Means no dry mouth.

I used a Zeagle BC for a couple years. Superb and bullet proof.

Just ask for a basic save a dive and o-ring kit. You won't really be maintaining the regs but you can do field fixes. Couple threads here about what you should keep in a save a dive. (tools, ties etc)

Edit: The 2nd stage I use with my MR12 is an old entry level and the set up is a great breather. I have not used the Abyss which is a better 2nd stage.

I really would consider breaking the packages if ST let's you, even for a premium the Mares regs and Zeagle BC would be a great value. And gauges and computer are gravy.

Not just a great set up for a beginner but an experienced diver too.

Zenagirl
05-11-2008, 18:22
If it were me, I'd ask them to put together the "Ultimate Zeagle" package: Zeagle Brigade, Zeagle Envoy reg/oct combo., then pick a computer I like. ;)

DOWNDEEP73
05-11-2008, 20:14
If it were me, I'd ask them to put together the "Ultimate Zeagle" package: Zeagle Brigade, Zeagle Envoy reg/oct combo., then pick a computer I like. ;)
I agree......get as much Zeagle as you can! Quality Equipment and Quality Customer Service!

longtailbda
06-07-2008, 14:04
Never used Zeagle but as you can see people love it. I have owned a lot of Mares over the years and have not had any problems with it. I'm putting together a backup/travel set of equipment and it'll be a mix of Dacor and Mares at this point. Have not decided on a bc yet.

DIdiver
06-08-2008, 14:19
Depends on the type of diving you will be doing. I primarily spearfish, and I prefer a back inflate BC.