PDA

View Full Version : Dive Operator Recomendations

Penguino
05-12-2008, 00:24
I will be in Grand Cayman June 13-20 and was looking for recomendations on good dive operators. I know that there are a bunch, and they are all probably good, but which ones stand out? I was looking at Don Fosters - they seem to be the most reasonable. Any thoughts? We will be staying in a vacation house on the north shore.

Defman
05-12-2008, 08:06
Divetech is a great shop and are based out of Cobalt Coast Resort which is in the northwest. Don't know if they'd come get you or you would have to go to them.

Grand Cayman scuba diving cayman island scuba diving cayman island scuba resort cayman scuba training cayman cayman island scuba grand cayman scuba dive cayman islands scuba diving scuba diving in grand cayman scuba diving cayman scuba diving on gran (http://www.divetech.com/)

lovesmexico615
05-12-2008, 10:13
I used Divers Down when I was there last month. They were great, just 4 people on the boat total. I think they max their boats at 8 anyway.

Divers Down -The best scuba diving and snorkeling in Cayman Islands, Snorkel trip to Stingray City, Private Charter and Scuba instruction, from Open Water Diver to Instructors Development Courses. (http://www.diversdown.net/)

Daz
05-12-2008, 13:35
We will be staying in a vacation house on the north shore.
It depends on which North Shore you are referring to - The North shore as in North Side/Old Man Bay/Rum Point/Cayman Kai, or as in West Bay - north of Seven Mile Beach? They are two completely different (and quite far apart) areas on GC.

Daz

mselizann
05-12-2008, 13:51
sounds like they are talking about North Side

Penguino
05-12-2008, 21:49
I guess its West Bay. North of Seven Mile Beach. I guess I need a map of the island...

mselizann
05-13-2008, 12:34
ok- that helps

Don Fosters is who I dive with- they are most reasonable- and I always get the multi-day pre-pay package...it comes with unlimited shore diving as well.........
I like it there- and they totally dive wherever the divers want...

Penguino
05-13-2008, 12:36
ok- that helps

Don Fosters is who I dive with- they are most reasonable- and I always get the multi-day pre-pay package...it comes with unlimited shore diving as well.........
I like it there- and they totally dive wherever the divers want...

That is who I was looking at, and the free shore diving makes it worth it even more. Thanks.

mselizann
05-14-2008, 13:53
Have fun- they have cool gear too. The guys there are very laid back, but very knowledgeable- you'll have fun!
have a great trip!

Penguino
05-15-2008, 11:45
Have fun- they have cool gear too. The guys there are very laid back, but very knowledgeable- you'll have fun!
have a great trip!

Thanks, I will!!! 29 more days, 29 more days, 29 more days...:smiley20:

Ref611
05-27-2008, 13:05
Cayman Islands diving, Cayman divers, Indigo Divers (http://www.indigodivers.com/)

Chris is great

jpep
05-27-2008, 16:44
I dived with Neptune's Divers in 10/05, 7/06 and 3/07 and would highly recommend them. Before opening his own op, Keith was an instructor and manager with Don Foster's Dive. Neptune's is the original 8 divers max per boat. They now have 2 boats, one moored off Public Beach on the northern part of Seven Mile Beach, and another in the North Sound. Depending on the season, water/weather conditions you can dive West, North or South. Neptune's will give you free R/T transport from Georgetown along SMB.

Not only are Keith & Casey consumate professionals that will let you dive the limits of your computer, but they are great people too. Hopefully, if I get back to GC this summer, I absolutely look forward to diving with them again.

Here's a link to Neptune's About Neptune's Divers, Grand Cayman - Cayman's Original 8 Divers Max (http://www.neptunesdivers.com/about.html)

Enjoy!

dannybot
05-31-2008, 17:29
I dove with Resort Sports LTD last year, small op, friendly, laid back, reasonable prices, I think it was about $300 for 5 days, two tanks. They are located in the middle of Seven Mile beach at Beach Club Colony (an econo AI), Small groups, allowed some freedom to explore.

I also dove with Red Sail at night, they roll out the red carpet, to their cattle boat. I didn't enjoy them as much.

SPLzero
09-21-2008, 19:10
Has anyone used the guided dives with eden rock? I was reading that devils grotto was amazing.

thanks