PDA

View Full Version : you eeediot

caroln
05-12-2008, 16:29
I am officially an idiot. I packed up at the quarry yesterday and after confirming with my buddy that I had everything, went home and realized that I forgot my backplate and wing with my 2 backup lights attached--and my name is not on one single thing. After sweating it out all night thinking about someone else having my toys, I spoke to one of the guys at the shop, and he saved the day for me by picking up my gear and taking it with him. Thank you Ed!!!! And a big smack in the back of the head for me. What a dope. How do you forget probably the biggest single item of all your gear---duhhhhh!!!!

Note to self--don't get wrapped up in conversation about the caves while you're packing your gear.

spatman
05-12-2008, 16:35
whoa, definitely a close one. i guess now you'll be putting your name and info on your gear?

which reminds me, that i need to do that to my new bp/w...

mwhities
05-12-2008, 16:36
Here you go:

http://www.wrctheatre.org/Index_Files/EscanabaRehearse_HeadSlap.jpg

Penguino
05-12-2008, 20:48
I am officially an idiot. I packed up at the quarry yesterday and after confirming with my buddy that I had everything, went home and realized that I forgot my backplate and wing with my 2 backup lights attached--and my name is not on one single thing. After sweating it out all night thinking about someone else having my toys, I spoke to one of the guys at the shop, and he saved the day for me by picking up my gear and taking it with him. Thank you Ed!!!! And a big smack in the back of the head for me. What a dope. How do you forget probably the biggest single item of all your gear---duhhhhh!!!!

Note to self--don't get wrapped up in conversation about the caves while you're packing your gear.

That just goes to show you that divers really are a community that take care of each other. Nice Ren and Stimpy reference by the way...

h2odragon1
05-13-2008, 11:06
My last dive of last year, I found a 10 lb weight pocket someone had dropped. I returned it to the Quarry shop and then called the dive shop that had their name on the pocket to let them know it was waiting at the counter for them.
YES we are a community!! of friends.:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

caroln
05-13-2008, 11:34
My last dive of last year, I found a 10 lb weight pocket someone had dropped. I returned it to the Quarry shop and then called the dive shop that had their name on the pocket to let them know it was waiting at the counter for them.
YES we are a community!! of friends.:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

One of my buddys says that all the time--one of the best parts of diving is the people involved. I have to agree with that :)

huvrr
05-13-2008, 13:03
unlike the guy on ebay selling the weight pocket from the BCD he had just found for retail list price.