PDA

View Full Version : Please stop with the Joe bashing....

PlatypusMan
08-05-2007, 15:38
...the guy might start getting a complex, and think nobody likes him!

Seriously, there are some borderline nasty things that have cropped up in some threads in jest, and while there's every reason to think that he has a thick skin, why go out of our way to find new ways to beat on the fellow?

DirtyWaterIL
08-05-2007, 15:39
because its funny.

ScubaToys Larry
08-05-2007, 15:48
And the real reason... Is Joe is actually 6'8 and just shy of 300 lbs, and an ex golden gloves boxer... and it would scare the biggebers out of me to say any of this stuff to his face... so it's my only outlet!

And actually, he was over here today... he loves this stuff... we were reading posts together and he was cracking up... telling me this was a good one, loved that, etc. So don't worry about hurting his feelings much.

But I'll try to calm it down... or at least use smaller words so he can understand. Dohh!! There I go again! :smilie39:

PlatypusMan
08-05-2007, 16:07
And actually, he was over here today... he loves this stuff... we were reading posts together and he was cracking up... telling me this was a good one, loved that, etc. So don't worry about hurting his feelings much.

Yes, I'm sure he SAYS that---but since they cut that window opening into his office from the main sales floor, I've seen him sobbing uncontrollably staring at the monitor on his desk when I walk by after entering the store, candles lit and arranged about the room with the theme from Madame Butterfly playing softly in the background to soothe his savage soul.

Of course, for all I know it may be the Jessica Alba Appreciation Society site, but still...

ScubaToys Larry
08-05-2007, 16:17
^^^^ :smilie39::smiley36::smilie39:

tx.lakerat
08-05-2007, 17:46
Man... afraid to say this.. but here it goes... I think we might have to start a "JOE FAN CLUB" who's in??

creggur
08-05-2007, 19:40
Man... afraid to say this.. but here it goes... I think we might have to start a "JOE FAN CLUB" who's in??

After the deal he made my wife and me on our equipment I'll join....:smiley20:

dmdoss
08-05-2007, 23:03
Oh now what do we do? Joe sold me mine.

Foo2
08-06-2007, 11:50
Ok everybody on 3..."We love you Joe!"

kevinj1
08-06-2007, 12:18
I never met Joe but I bet I can kick his a$$...(I am so glad I live in Utah, otherwise he might hunt me down and kill me) lol

I love you man!

Wolfie2012
08-06-2007, 12:52
Well, I sent an email to Joe askin about a price on a couple of spearguns the other day and he sent me back the pricing.... I call and talk to one of the other employees who told me the actual price was a bit higher which eh, no big deal... I started thinkin aloud and said, hm wonder where Joe got that price from... and his reply started with "Well, you know Joe.. he's..."

Even his employees are doing it! ;-)

ScottZeagle
08-06-2007, 13:14
I voted for Joe in the poll, so I am relatively safe....

I think!

:D

BSea
08-06-2007, 13:19
Hmmm, 6'8 and just shy of 300 lbs, and an ex golden gloves boxer. I think I'm in.

ertechsg
08-06-2007, 14:38
For those of you that have never meet Joe click on the THANKS TO ALL THAT ATTENDED on ST front page look at the pics I bet you can pic him out:smiley18:

Vercingetorix
08-06-2007, 17:01
Joe just granted me a $50 Grouper gift certificate.

All Hail Joe!!!

All Hail Joe!!!

(oh, and thanks Larry for letting Joe give away your money). You're alright in my book, too.

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 17:07
Yea... Here he is standing next to normal sized people:

http://www.scubatoys.com/party/partypic3.jpg

And here he is standing next to Shaq - when he got Shaq to autograph his Laker Bike:

http://www.scubatoys.com/joe/joesbike.jpg

Yea... that joe.. He's a big boy.

kevinj1
08-06-2007, 17:29
I never met Joe but I bet I can kick his a$$...(I am so glad I live in Utah, otherwise he might hunt me down and kill me) lol

I love you man!

I retract my earlier statement, I definetely cannot take Joe---he's a little big.

Zenagirl
08-06-2007, 18:23
Gads, normally anyone next to Shaq is a midget....dang, Joe IS a big boy!!

ertechsg
08-07-2007, 00:18
Thanks Larry I'v seen those bike pics before and never knew what they were

ScubaToys Larry
08-07-2007, 00:28
Yea, being an original surfer dude - California guy... Joe has always been a laker fan. Complete with Laker logo tattoo on his arm. So when he built his custom Titan Motorcycle, he decided to make it a Laker bike. Complete with purple with yellow accents, Laker Logo on the back, and then he got signatures from both Shaq and Kobe on the gas tank in yellow paint pen over the purple. Then had it clear coated over the signatures to seal them in.

Can we say over-board nut? Yes... Just not to his face. :smiley18:

frankc420
08-07-2007, 07:37
Yea... Here he is standing next to normal sized people: <snip>

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Everythings bigger in Texas?

Harshal
08-07-2007, 16:22
When did this happen…… dang it I guess I missed the show……lol I guess I will have to be nice to Joe from now on, Larry is a tough nut to break would not give no discount………….I will have to be buddy buddy with Joe……

dallasdivergirl
08-07-2007, 16:43
I think I have only seen him behind the counter or at the desk. I guess I didn't realize that he was a giant!

Harshal
08-07-2007, 16:51
I think I have only seen him behind the counter or at the desk. I guess I didn't realize that he was a giant!

When you @ ST now buy your gear from Joe….. and not from Larry……. Looks like he gives better discount than Larry…… lol :)